PDA

View Full Version : My distant memories... And yours?

DJ-Bob
22-10-2011, 05:04 PM
I myself am a veteran player of Runescape.
I started playing back on Runescape Classic, moved onto RS2 once it was released and have been playing ever since on a variety of different accounts.

For me, every recent update just makes the game further and further away from what it used to be.
"Back in the day", when there were no bots, no pures, no skillers and rarely any PKing, that was when Runescape was at its best.

Everybody was nice to each other, helped one another out with everything. Not to mention the distant memories of the simplest things such was World 2 Falador Park, Alching in World 6, Merchanting, (terrible I know) The Falador Massacre!

Its safe to say, Runescape is not what it used to be, but I just cant bring myself to quit the game, just take lengthy 'breaks' until I get that urge again.

What are your thoughts on Runescape today? When did you join and how do you feel about the game as a whole now.

Kyle
22-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Although perhaps not so prevalent, there was always botting, pking and other things you mentioned in RSC and early RS2 -- especially pking -- perhaps you just didn't notice it! If you take a minute away from reminiscing about 'the good old days' and take into account all of the useful updates and fab new areas and skills that have been added over the years you might just realise how far runescape has actually progressed. I mean, have you seen how far the graphics have come?

http://i51.tinypic.com/k2ls1s.png

The fact that you can't bring yourself to quit may perhaps have something to do with the fact that it is more brilliant than ever ;)

Slowpoke
22-10-2011, 05:37 PM
The Falador Massacre

That was insane! One of Runescapes most incredible yet darkest hour

xdinosaurdaniel
22-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Falador massacre was crazy lmao. good and bad memories.

DPS
22-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Haha World 111 i remember that, happen when someone got 99 Construction i was a newb back then with nothing so i didnt care :P

IceNineKills
23-10-2011, 02:26 AM
Botting was one of the reasons for runescape2, classic was just completely bots at the end of it's days and pking was a massive thing on classic, as was merchanting. Guess you didn't really play classic at all but you're banned on habbox now so I don't really care :).

-L!NK!N-P@RK-
23-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Lol why would I lie about how long i've been playing a game for?
And that account is banned because this is my old account, and I asked for that account to be banned instead.

Kyle
23-10-2011, 10:57 AM
You may well have made your account on classic but you obviously didn't spend very much time on it. PKing was massive as you could kill anybody outside of lumbridge, almost all of the players botted and even in the early days people would still merch/hoard rare items.

T@R
23-10-2011, 11:20 AM
ooh more nostalgia, it's a shame you can't change the past because everyone on this forum seems to want to... just accept change and play the game lmao
i spent like the years 2002-2008 being a complete nothing on runescape, being happy with skills in their 30s lmfao
i used to just play with my friend, we just wandered around basically trying not to get killed, and it was a lot of fun...
my strongest runescape related memory was probably sometime in 2005/6 when i was doing the quest which i've forgotten the name of... the one where you infiltrate the black knight's castle...
and i was a low level and had ran out of food so i phoned my friend to come help and he was at work so i just sat there for an hour waiting for him to come back and save me ):
on classic i just spent all my time mining coal for coal certs and getting scammed a lot, sums up my entire classic spell really...

JoeyK.
24-10-2011, 06:07 AM
I started playing RS because of a RL friend. His mom was studying at the local community college, and we would go with her to use the computers while she was working (neither of us had one at home; I played Habbo before starting RS, but did not have much time because of a shared PC at home).

It was a lot different back then. I remember being F2P and seeing people coming around to show off their d chains, and thinking they were the richest people in the game. It was months before I saw my first max CB :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!