PDA

View Full Version : GAY BAR WORKER BURNED TO DEATH

Andii
24-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Read about this on facebook :O :O think thats pretty sick tbh. . .

On Saturday, 28-year-old gay bar worker Stuart Walker was beaten, burned to death, and then left by the side of a road in Ayshire, Scotland.
It is believed that Stuart was a victim of a homophobic attack, and an investigation is currently taking place.
Here's what Detective Inspector John Hogg had to say about it:

”Stuart had been out with friends in the Cumnock area earlier during the night and was last seen alive by a family friend near to the fire station in Glaisnock Street around 2.30am hours on Saturday morning - nearly two and a half hours before he was found."
”It is imperative that we find out where he was between 2.30am and 4.50am hours, who he was with and why this happened to him. From our enquiries so far, we understand that there may have been a number of house parties in the nearby Netherthird housing estate in the early hours of the morning - between 2am and 3am hours."
”At this time we do not know if these parties are linked to our investigation or not, so again, any information on that is important. Officers are checking CCTV and carrying out door to door in the area and we would encourage anyone with information to approach them or to call Ayr Police Office."
Terrible. We truly hope they find whoever is responsible for this horrifying murder.
Our thought and prayers go out to Stuart's family, friends, and loves ones during this unimaginably difficult time (http://perez.ly/rfMQ2s).
Rest in peace, Stuart.

Thread moved by Infectious (Forum Super Moderator): From "Health, Life and Relationships", as it is better suited here!

Chippiewill
24-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Eurgh, why would someone even do that?

MKR&*42
24-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Wow, I thought people had actually learnt to accept gays...

These types of people make me sick - there's absolutely no excuse for doing something like that or being homophobic.

Chris
24-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Thats horrific, why someone would do that is beyond me. RIP! :(

geo
24-10-2011, 06:46 PM
******* heartless people! :@ RIP. :(

GommeInc
24-10-2011, 07:44 PM
He's a Bar Worker? I heard he was a Hotel Manager :S Either way, it's horrific. Why these people think killing someone is better than the existence of homosexuality is beyond me. He didn't deserve it, he was a decent human being. He was better than the vile people of society who did this to him.

Demi
24-10-2011, 08:05 PM
That is so wrong to do that to a human being...

xdinosaurdaniel
24-10-2011, 08:19 PM
So terrible. :l RIP

Andii
24-10-2011, 08:55 PM
He's a Bar Worker? I heard he was a Hotel Manager :S Either way, it's horrific. Why these people think killing someone is better than the existence of homosexuality is beyond me. He didn't deserve it, he was a decent human being. He was better than the vile people of society who did this to him.

im not sure . . it said he was a gay bar worker on some paper so thats what im guessing. . apparently it was on the news =/ . .bt it realli is sick. . . hate the fact that there still are people that are against GBLT =/

-:Undertaker:-
24-10-2011, 11:14 PM
I see no relation in this article or the attack as to why this is considered a 'homophobic' attack (something which actually does not exist). As sad as this is, murder is murder and those responsible should be treated as cold blooded murderers - lets drop the PC and treat it as we should.

Thats what we want after all is it not? equality? lets start with equality under the law.

DPS
25-10-2011, 08:44 AM
was it ludus by any chance?

Edited by Infectious (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts!

Jazz
25-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Sick ***** :@ Rest in peace :( x

Elegance
25-10-2011, 09:26 AM
This is horrible! :( R.I.P. :(

Catzsy
25-10-2011, 10:04 AM
I see no relation in this article or the attack as to why this is considered a 'homophobic' attack (something which actually does not exist). As sad as this is, murder is murder and those responsible should be treated as cold blooded murderers - lets drop the PC and treat it as we should.

Thats what we want after all is it not? equality? lets start with equality under the law.

Homophobia exists and so do attacks so to call it a homophobic attack is quite reasonable. It is the cause of what happened not the actual charge which probably will be murder . Nothing PC about it and I can't believe you even think it is and absolutely nothing to do with equality. Are you saying the police will give this preferential treatment or something? :S It is no different to the term 'wife beater' or 'husband' beater. It is annoying that even in this thread the PC issue is brought up. Terrible thing to happen - hope they catch the person/people who did it soon.

Inseriousity.
25-10-2011, 10:13 AM
If he would still be alive if he was straight, I'd call it a homophobic attack too. A very horrible, disgusting murder that no person should ever have to suffer through. RIP

.Tom.
26-10-2011, 11:11 PM

It has been stated on numerous news sites and reports that this attack was believed to be homophobic...

Irrespective of why it happened, it's disgraceful. Hope they catch those responsible ASAP

RIP Stuart

GommeInc
27-10-2011, 12:31 AM
It has been stated on numerous news sites and reports that this attack was believed to be homophobic...

Irrespective of why it happened, it's disgraceful. Hope they catch those responsible ASAP

RIP Stuart
I have to say there is no real evidence of it being a homophobic attack when you look into it closer. The media call it that, but they do not state why. It could of just been a regular attack, that wasn't brought on by the sexuality of the individual.

Either way, it's disgusting and seemingly unprovoked.

GirlNextDoor15
27-10-2011, 03:15 AM
I don't know if it's a homophobic attack but RIP.

The Don
27-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Like a few others have said, there isn't anything to suggest it was a homophobic attack but it's still disgusting to imagine that someone could commit such crimes.

lRhyss
27-10-2011, 08:16 PM
This is ******* stupid. RIP :'(

the.games
27-10-2011, 08:37 PM
That must have been a REALLY sick person to do that. I mean, homophobia is common and it's nothing to be ashamed of

Tom
27-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Woah, homophobic attack or not you WOULD NOT kill another human being? People need to start putting themselves in the shoes of the person they're about to murder! How many people in the world are really that sick?

GommeInc
27-10-2011, 08:50 PM
That must have been a REALLY sick person to do that. I mean, homophobia is common and it's nothing to be ashamed of
I assume you mean homosexuality? :P

As mentioned previously, there's no evidence the attack was of a homophobic nature. It could of just been an individual (or individuals) who hated this man simply for their existence rather than their sexuality. It's just being labelled as homophobic because he worked in a gay bar/hotel and/or was homosexual. There is no link between the crime and the sexuality of the man as of yet.

JoeyK.
28-10-2011, 07:47 AM

I'm with you on this one. I think Trey Parker and Matt Stone said it best in 'Cartman's Silly Hate Crime.' For those who haven't seen it, here's (http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s04e01-cartmans-silly-hate-crime-2000) a link (Warning: TV-MA). While it focuses more on race, I think it applies here too. What happened to this man was horrific, but whoever did it should be treated the same as any other murderer.

Thomas
28-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Wow, I thought people had actually learnt to accept gays...

These types of people make me sick - there's absolutely no excuse for doing something like that or being homophobic.
Some people never will, thats how messed up our world is today.

buttons
28-10-2011, 12:05 PM
where was the evidence from the first article that shows it was because he was gay? :rolleyes:

However, it has come to light that the 28-year-old had only recently been questioned over an alleged incident involving a 12-year-old boy in August and a report was sent to the procurator fiscal.

Police said there was nothing to suggest Mr Walker had been the victim of a homophobic crime.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2054071/Stuart-Walker-death-Murdered-gay-barman-facing-child-sex-probe.html

he was also sexually assaulted by the male who did it, why would a homophobe do that.......

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!