PDA

View Full Version : Habboween 2011.

iBlueBox
25-10-2011, 12:24 PM
This Habboween, has shown me how much habbo has changed event wise over the years.

I mean does anyone remember when we only just had the one habboween furniture what came out every year.

And then the events in like 2005/6/7, All it really was you used to get a hotel alert just go to a popular room and hope that a member of staff or mod would come and you would either be tricked or treated?

Its really shown how the interaction between staff has become less social and more corporate swell.

HotelUser
25-10-2011, 12:47 PM
I would agree it's a lot more corporate. Quite often staff will issue bans to users who say, for instance, "Habbox.com" thinking we're a scam site. We're an official fansite, but moderation don't even know that. If they were even remotely in-tune with the community they're moderating they would not ban users for linking to official fansites. It's quite a shame that even just a few years ago our Habbo forums were filled with topics about News, Habbo features and so on. Now I swear 9 times out of 10 when I'm looking at new posts, the ones from the Habbo section are almost always regarding how in-game moderators banned someone else for an absolutely silly reason, that will just be unturned after waiting two weeks for an appeal because it's clear the moderator whom issued the ban had no clues as to what they were doing.

Sulake staff have really shown that they don't care about their users, they absolutely do not listen to users to a fair extent (there is atleast 100 recent examples of that on this forum alone), and it is a very big shame for folks who've been around Habbo for a very long time because not only is the game vastly different in itself, but because of how corporate, and blatantly horrible the staff members are, the culture of the game itself has also been long lost.

Edit: To re-emphasize the part about them banning our users who say Habbox, each time they do this and I hear about it I'm absolutely infuriated. We have many staff members here and every last one of them are volunteers. They all endorse Habbo and Habbox and are staff because (at one point atleast) they really enjoyed the game. So why it is that these paid adults are incapable of acknowledging such an absolutely simple fact is completely disgraceful and beyond me (even more poor for them considering we've been here for years and that we're official).

These irresponsible moderators who make constant poor decisions have no right moderating Neopets let alone a game like Habbo in my opinion. If you get scammed they'll tell you it's your fault, they wont stalk the perpetrator. If you're being harassed in-game they'll tell you to use the ignore button. It seems like the only time they do act is if you say "Habbox.com" and then they'll ban you for it because, well, for lack of a better word, they really really suck :P

iBlueBox
25-10-2011, 12:57 PM
I would agree it's a lot more corporate. Quite often staff will issue bans to users who say, for instance, "Habbox.com" thinking we're a scam site. We're an official fansite, but moderation don't even know that. If they were even remotely in-tune with the community they're moderating they would not ban users for linking to official fansites. It's quite a shame that even just a few years ago our Habbo forums were filled with topics about News, Habbo features and so on. Now I swear 9 times out of 10 when I'm looking at new posts, the ones from the Habbo section are almost always regarding how in-game moderators banned someone else for an absolutely silly reason, that will just be unturned after waiting two weeks for an appeal because it's clear the moderator whom issued the ban had no clues as to what they were doing.

Sulake staff have really shown that they don't care about their users, they absolutely do not listen to users to a fair extent (there is atleast 100 recent examples of that on this forum alone), and it is a very big shame for folks who've been around Habbo for a very long time because not only is the game vastly different in itself, but because of how corporate, and blatantly horrible the staff members are, the culture of the game itself has also been long lost.

I think Sulake do listen to there users but for money. Since the user voice forum, they have put a lot of ideas into place. But made a lot of them cost such as.

New room shapes - black holes create them.
Update groups - cost to buy new ones ,new furniture.
Pets - There making a lot of pets what people want, I remember when there was only a cat and dog, Now its every two weeks.

HotelUser
25-10-2011, 01:03 PM
I think Sulake do listen to there users but for money. Since the user voice forum, they have put a lot of ideas into place. But made a lot of them cost such as.

New room shapes - black holes create them.
Update groups - cost to buy new ones ,new furniture.
Pets - There making a lot of pets what people want, I remember when there was only a cat and dog, Now its every two weeks.

I think it's selective. Their developers have implemented these features, but their moderators and support staff are just not in it at all. And even their developers are new to Habbo and aren't sure what's appropriate to an extent, otherwise they wouldn't have replaced Volter with Ubuntu.

Plebings
25-10-2011, 04:10 PM
habboweens only just started, give it a chance!

during soapbox we basically begged for in game events, which they seem to be working towards, sure I haven't seen any event games, but the fact it uses the public's rooms is still an improvement. I mean about a year ago you wouldn't find any events that involved being in a habbo's room, it was all automated quests.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!