PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Donators

lTraditional
03-11-2011, 07:49 AM
I was thinking of how many donators Habbox has currently and I thought of this. Maybe you could have a lottery draw or something at the end of the month where all donators have an entry and at the end of each month, one donator has a month free donator or some habbo credits or something? This could be an additional reward for donators. Just a suggestion.

Thanks

Rainbow
03-11-2011, 08:13 AM
This seems like a cool idea I like it :D

Samantha
03-11-2011, 08:27 AM
What if someones donator runs out in that month will they still be eligible for that draw?

Also, donators help the site so I don't really think giving them Habbo credits or another month of donator would help if you get what I mean?

Maybe rep points but not more donator.

Mathew
03-11-2011, 09:32 AM
I don't really think this would encourage any more people to buy donator so it would just be giving stuff out when it's not really necessary. That said, looking at HxHD lately, Habbox can afford more than we might first expect...

lTraditional
03-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Maybe not Habbo credits, like Samanfa said, we could give away additional rep like 100 or 200 or something?

geo
03-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Maybe not Habbo credits, like Samanfa said, we could give away additional rep like 100 or 200 or something?

I think 200 is a bit much, although this could be quite a good idea.
Saying that, it's called donating for a reason. We're already getting something.. :P

Samantha
03-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Yeah as it says on the donate page 'you get a warm fuzzy feeling' also I agree 100/200 is a bit much based on the fact that you only need 400 for a rep power. If they were to add rep I feel 20 is an adequate amount because that's what admins have :).

:odey:
03-11-2011, 03:57 PM
I actually do like the idea of a prize draw or something,
It would increase the people buying donator, I'm sure,

But as Georgia said, it is 'donating' so, I'm not sure it should be habbo furni or credits,
I like the idea of rep though,
And I think the possibility of a months extension is also quite nice,

But I think you should only be eligible for the draw if you buy it personally, not for someone else, and if you buy more than 1 month, just the first month...

Sharon
03-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Can we even afford to give out credits? One day Martin posts the halloween desk was made on the cheap, next the room hurts my eyes with the amount of thrones and petals in there. Mixed messages? I think so.

beth
03-11-2011, 05:49 PM
quite like the idea of a raffle for another month of donator or whatever (maybe even push it to vip?), as long as it doesn't come under that lame fansite rule about giving special things with donator. hate the idea of giving out rep, but that's just me ;)

Chippiewill
03-11-2011, 06:33 PM
I get the feeling that this counts as a "Premium feature" so habbo would not really be very happy with it. Habbo clearly states that the only exclusive features are aesthetic only.

Martin
03-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Can we even afford to give out credits? One day Martin posts the halloween desk was made on the cheap, next the room hurts my eyes with the amount of thrones and petals in there. Mixed messages? I think so.

Dan aquired the current furniture in HxHD himself and put it towards Habbox when he became AGM. When I posted that statement it was exactly true and during my time as AGM funding was always a struggle and I have spent a fair bit over the year to get credits etc. The only exception to this was HxSS where someone kindly made a large donation for us to use as prizes for this, making it a very successful event imo.

I am not sure about current funding, but it does look like Habbox is a lot more stable now in this way, and hopefully it will be put to good use of lots of exciting ways to get new members involved with Habbox and the kind of temptation needed to make them join up etc. Prizes for competitions/events/quests etc can now be better encouraging more people to take part, and a lot more giveaways and other promotional events can now take place.

Kyle
03-11-2011, 07:00 PM
VIP is given for numerous prizes, the whole point of donator is that people donate.

ps: any admin reading please sort out my name colour and subscriptions to make sure they dont overlap k thanks

Chippiewill
03-11-2011, 07:10 PM
VIP is given for numerous prizes, the whole point of donator is that people donate.
Could you not then argue that donator should have no perks? I agree it shouldn't be overboard but the current restrictions are a bit much.

Kyle
03-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Could you not then argue that donator should have no perks? I agree it shouldn't be overboard but the current restrictions are a bit much.
The coloured name should be enough really. Whenever I donate, that's all I do it for...as well as to help habbox (A)

If you want more perks VIP really isn't that hard to get if you're willing to put in a bit of effort.

Chippiewill
03-11-2011, 07:28 PM
You have to think about people's real motives for donator, yes it would be great if everyone did it for that warm fuzzy feeling, but ultimately more features = more donations.

beth
03-11-2011, 07:30 PM
The coloured name should be enough really. Whenever I donate, that's all I do it for...as well as to help habbox (A)

If you want more perks VIP really isn't that hard to get if you're willing to put in a bit of effort.

i would agree with that, nowadays at hx there's so many ways to win vip. i don't even enter that many competitions and i've managed to rack it up somehow.

Kyle
03-11-2011, 07:34 PM
I haven't donated in months because of how easy it is to win VIP. The only time I do actually donate is when a charity is involved or when my name loses its colour. Not really bothered about extra features because I don't use a signature and ... well... What exactly DO VIPs get that Donators don't? Is there a list somewhere?

PPS MY OVERLaPPing SUbscrIPTiOns STILL HAvent BEeN SORTED SOMEONE PLZ FIX THEM

Chippiewill
03-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Access to an exclusive VIP Forum
A custom user title (With html)
To be able to change your Forum user name
A PM storage capacity of 800 messages
Ability to see who gave you reputation
Option to make yourself invisible
Be able to close your own threads
Post your birthdays / events on the Habbox Calendar

http://www.habboxforum.com/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item1#faq_why_purchase_vip
;), I removed the donator features from the list

AgnesIO
03-11-2011, 08:03 PM
It doesn't matter how small a feature, habbo still currently do not allow it.

This would be nice, but you know - nothing more to say :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!