PDA

View Full Version : Post your order status!

Chris
03-11-2011, 01:40 PM
The same as last year, post your order status here and let us know when yours arrives!

Mine was despatched late yesterday and will be delivered via Royal Mail. (Not making the mistake of using parcelforce again. >_>)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13256441/images/despatched.png

Has yours been despatched? :D

j0rd
03-11-2011, 04:48 PM

Only pre-ordered it last night though :)

Misawa
03-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Promo copies aren't sent out until next week so I'm told, so I'll probably get mine post-release again (which shouldn't really happen). At least I don't have to pay for it.

dbgtz
03-11-2011, 05:52 PM
WHAT MINES BEEN ON PREORDER FOR WEEKS WHAT THE HELL :@ GAHHHFSDHSGHbay I hope it's just an error because of the hardened edition page being like gone, though I guess I won't know unless someone else posts their status with a hardened.

Lamz
03-11-2011, 06:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IEg38.png

dbgtz
03-11-2011, 07:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IEg38.png

that takes the mick.
http://i42.tinypic.com/j58d1c.png

Chippiewill
03-11-2011, 08:08 PM
If you've ordered a different version of the game why would you expect it to leave at the same time / earlier. It's about when they have the stock, not when you ordered it.

Misawa
03-11-2011, 08:20 PM
None of you are going to get the game more than 1 day early, so...

AgnesIO
03-11-2011, 08:24 PM
I just ordered thinking it was released tomorrow - then remembered it is the 8th lol

Got it for £19.91 after being given a £15 voucher the other day :D

Love life x :L

Neil
03-11-2011, 09:14 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if some of you didn't get it until Wednesday, when I ordered my copy of gears 3 it said it was sent on Thursday, the money that had initially been taken then went back into my account for some reason, then I was told that it hadn't been sent until the Monday, I then had to wait until Wednesday to actually play it, was a bit of piss take.

dbgtz
03-11-2011, 09:47 PM
If you've ordered a different version of the game why would you expect it to leave at the same time / earlier. It's about when they have the stock, not when you ordered it.

Because they're bound to get both versions at the same time, and they should then go in the order of when preordered and the fact that every other time I have bought it, it has been dispatched by now.

xdinosaurdaniel
03-11-2011, 09:59 PM
dont gotta wait. going to midnight launch in america :D

Matthew
03-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Didn't pre-order it as Skyrim got the better of me and I pre-ordered that instead :(

MW3 looks really good, hopefully it will live up to my expectation!

Chris
03-11-2011, 10:26 PM

I dont even expect it to come a day early. :P

I wouldn't be surprised if some of you didn't get it until Wednesday, when I ordered my copy of gears 3 it said it was sent on Thursday, the money that had initially been taken then went back into my account for some reason, then I was told that it hadn't been sent until the Monday, I then had to wait until Wednesday to actually play it, was a bit of piss take.

I doubt thats going to happen.

Chippiewill
03-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Because they're bound to get both versions at the same time, and they should then go in the order of when preordered and the fact that every other time I have bought it, it has been dispatched by now.

Game being one of the larger retailers is going to receive a shipment upwards of a 100,000 copies of the standard version, following this they then process all of the pre-orders for that edition of the game, then they move onto the hardened edition shipment which may even arrive the day after so it's not wasting space sitting around whilst they're processing all the preorders for the standard edition and shipping other games which have been purchased online.

Even for a specific edition it won't be processed by order date, it'll be processed by location, so they'll do all the london preorders, then all of another city, because they need to send them out in batches to save money on courier costs.

Lamz
03-11-2011, 11:28 PM

I don't mind tbh... as long as it isn't a day late. lmao my friend pre-ordered G.O.W 3 off Amazon & it came a day late... he wasn't impressed. but yeah as long as I come home from college & see the parcel I'm all good :)

Neil
04-11-2011, 04:42 PM
I doubt thats going to happen.

Of course not, it will only ever be something me and the hundreds of others that pre-ordered gears and got it a day late experience, it can't possibly happen to one of the biggest launches of the year no, I mean what was I thinking, the postal service will really put in the extra hours to make sure every single copy arrives to it's owner on time, no you'll all get it on release because GAME have never messed up before.

j0rd
04-11-2011, 04:50 PM

dbgtz
05-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Game being one of the larger retailers is going to receive a shipment upwards of a 100,000 copies of the standard version, following this they then process all of the pre-orders for that edition of the game, then they move onto the hardened edition shipment which may even arrive the day after so it's not wasting space sitting around whilst they're processing all the preorders for the standard edition and shipping other games which have been purchased online.

Even for a specific edition it won't be processed by order date, it'll be processed by location, so they'll do all the london preorders, then all of another city, because they need to send them out in batches to save money on courier costs.

Well people I know have it preordered and mine is still not dispatched. I don't even think I'm going to get it tuesday to be quite frank which surely destroys the point in a preorder and would mean me never buying anything from GAME in the near future.

dbgtz
05-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Got dispatched about an hour or 2 ago, what are the chances of getting it monday? :P

Lost_Addict
05-11-2011, 12:59 PM
My mate is working the midnight sales at game, so i'm just going to get him to grab me a copy :P

Oleh
05-11-2011, 01:01 PM
My stance on this is, if it isn't here on tuesday, I'm going to the shop and buying it, then returning the postal order'd copy when it arrives.

Also, I dunno what the status is, locked myself out of my game account (mums rather).

kooldude23
05-11-2011, 02:13 PM
They have stopped pre-orders on the hardened edition as they didnt produce enough to fill demand.

dbgtz
05-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Hm... something must have gone wrong at GAME HQ

Your preorder of Modern Warfare 3 (http://mailer1.game.co.uk/servlet/cc6?nHuLQSTWSQYVKInlFDRxnhhntLuHptQJhuVaVSRVXLX) will be waiting in-store for you from 00.01am 8th November. If you haven't yet put a deposit down you'll miss out on our GAME Exclusive - the MW3 Intel Pack including Double XP. Place your deposit in-store before Monday 7th November to ensure you get this! Find out if your local store is opening at midnight (http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=141776&articleId=154448&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151&cm_mmc=game-_-Stores-_-MW3Midnight-_-email) and head on down to get hold of these amazing offers!

The Team
GAME.co.uk (http://game.co.uk/)

and I preordered online and it says shipped etc...

Chris
05-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Hm... something must have gone wrong at GAME HQ

and I preordered online and it says shipped etc...

Weird! :S

I just got this email even though mine was despatched on Wednesday:

Dear Christopher,

Thank you for preordering Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 from GAME.co.uk
This email is just to confirm that your preorder is being picked and packed ready for despatch via Royal Mail on 7th November.

Modern Warfare 3 is released on 8th November and Activision, who publish it, have worked very
hard to make it the biggest gaming launch ever. They have requested that no UK retailer despatch
Modern Warfare 3 before the 7th November and GAME along with all reputable retailers will respect
this request. Royal Mail have a next day delivery rate of more than 93%.

If you have any questions about this, check out our Call of Duty FAQ at www.game.co.uk/codfaq

Remember, by preordering from GAME.co.uk you have not only secured your Exclusive intel pack,
but if you are a Reward Card customer, you will also receive Double Reward Points on Modern Warfare 3.
Your intel pack will also be despatched on the same day but will be in a different package.

If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team:
www.game.co.uk/contact

The Customer Service Team
GAME.co.uk

j0rd
06-11-2011, 01:58 PM
I got this from Game:

Dear Jordan,

This email is just to confirm that your preorder is being picked and packed ready for despatch via Royal Mail on 7th November.

Modern Warfare 3 is released on 8th November and Activision, who publish it, have worked very hard to make it the biggest gaming launch ever. They have requested that no UK retailer despatch Modern Warfare 3 before the 7th November and GAME along with all reputable retailers will respect Modern Warfare 3 before the 7th November and GAME along with all reputable retailers will respect this request. Royal Mail have a next day delivery rate of more than 93%.

Looks like mine is going to be delivered, and hopefully on the 7th!

Lamz
06-11-2011, 03:52 PM
I got this from Game:

Looks like mine is going to be delivered, and hopefully on the 7th!

i got the same emaill...

Dear Lamar,

Modern Warfare 3 is released on 8th November and Activision, who publish it, have worked very
hard to make it the biggest gaming launch ever. They have requested that no UK retailer despatch
Modern Warfare 3 before the 7th November and GAME along with all reputable retailers will respect
this request. Royal Mail have a next day delivery rate of more than 93%.

If you have any questions about this, check out our Call of Duty FAQ at www.game.co.uk/codfaq

Remember, by preordering from GAME.co.uk you have not only secured your Exclusive intel pack,
but if you are a Reward Card customer, you will also receive Double Reward Points on Modern Warfare 3.
Your intel pack will also be despatched on the same day but will be in a different package.

If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team:
www.game.co.uk/contact

GAME.co.uk

Chris
06-11-2011, 04:16 PM
I think it's unlikely we'll be receiving it tomorrow then. :(

Lamz
06-11-2011, 04:26 PM
I think it's unlikely we'll be receiving it tomorrow then. :(

you never know, Royal Mail does cover a large scale. And with MW3 being one of if the not the biggest anticipated games of the year, I'm sure Game, Royal Mail, Activision & all the over big names involved in tomorrow, Tuesdays & Wednesdays deliveries & sales don't want to upset the "addicts" and receive quite a lot of complaints.

Robbie
06-11-2011, 09:33 PM
http://gyazo.com/3baf71db46b4cb12d7d4c6131141dad7.png

asda

dbgtz
06-11-2011, 09:38 PM
you never know, Royal Mail does cover a large scale. And with MW3 being one of if the not the biggest anticipated games of the year, I'm sure Game, Royal Mail, Activision & all the over big names involved in tomorrow, Tuesdays & Wednesdays deliveries & sales don't want to upset the "addicts" and receive quite a lot of complaints.

Technically no one should get it early and preorders should only come on the day of release. The only reason anyone gets it early, as far as I can guess, is the fact delivering them all on tuesday would be a huge task. Can't complain about not getting a game before it gets released. That saying, I am pissed america & japan get the mgs hd collection in a couple of weeks but europe get it around feburary, that really frustates me and I don't see why but that is a different matter.

DPS
06-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Theres a shop near me, i wont name it as that wouldnt be nice for him to be reported, but yeah he gets around 10 copys around 4/5 days before release, same happen with black ops and my best mate got it before it came out, but yeah the man charges like £80 for a normal copy.

Oleh
06-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Theres a shop near me, i wont name it as that wouldnt be nice for him to be reported, but yeah he gets around 10 copys around 4/5 days before release, same happen with black ops and my best mate got it before it came out, but yeah the man charges like £80 for a normal copy.

My mate offered to sell me a copy for £60 yesterday. £60-£80 for a game 3-5 days from release is preposterous.

DPS
06-11-2011, 10:48 PM
My mate offered to sell me a copy for £60 yesterday. £60-£80 for a game 3-5 days from release is preposterous.

Yeah im just going to get it from Asda thats like 5 mins away at 12 at midnight lol £38

Chris
06-11-2011, 11:02 PM
I'm not bothered if it doesn't come tomorrow, but I will be if it isn't here on release day. :P

Alba
06-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Deserves reporting if he's trying to rip off his customers IMO.

Oleh
07-11-2011, 12:06 AM
If it doesn't come on the 8th (via parcelforce) there will be a storm! At college till 3pm so have the rest of the day to do campaign before gDm get home and hit it hard. If it isn't here on tuesday I doubt I'll have it till thursday (As nobody is in bar tommorow and tuesday)

:( :( :D :D

Neil
07-11-2011, 02:26 AM
Same thing happened with my copy of gears, they didn't actually despatch it until the day before release, despite saying it had been despatched the week prior, sucks to be the 7% or so that lucks out on Tuesday, no game pre-orders will arrive Monday so I don't suggest getting too excited.

DPS
07-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Changed my mind, Tesco is 2 mins away so going there to get it, then pow no sleep for me.

Chris
07-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Same thing happened with my copy of gears, they didn't actually despatch it until the day before release, despite saying it had been despatched the week prior, sucks to be the 7% or so that lucks out on Tuesday, no game pre-orders will arrive Monday so I don't suggest getting too excited.

I see what you mean now. xD It will suck if it doesn't arrive tomorrow, but if that is the case then I will just head down to tesco or game and pick it up from there. :D

DPS
07-11-2011, 06:10 PM
This is why i dont pre order, not after the hassle i had with black ops.

Neil
07-11-2011, 06:23 PM
I normally only order from GAME but after the mess up with gears I've stopped using them, Shopto are well known for sending most games a day early, I don't believe MW3 has been one of these games but for smaller games it's a good place to go, my copy of Skyrim is ordered with them.

dbgtz
07-11-2011, 06:33 PM
First time in 3 years I haven't got a game 1 day before release. Had part of the story spoiled aswell as some guy was sad enough to watch it online and didn't bother considering the people around him who actually like the story and aren't just buying it for multiplayer.

DPS
07-11-2011, 06:40 PM
First time in 3 years I haven't got a game 1 day before release. Had part of the story spoiled aswell as some guy was sad enough to watch it online and didn't bother considering the people around him who actually like the story and aren't just buying it for multiplayer.

I'm playing the storymode first, mainly because i found it good.

dbgtz
07-11-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm playing the storymode first, mainly because i found it good.

I just want to see what happens to Price and Soap. In all honesty I'd pay for a game with just them two in it as I like them as characters and I love not playing as ******* Americans. It's like all war games, no matter where they are made or set have to have bloody yanks in it and the developer tries to make them looking mega ******* cool. This is nothing against Americans but it just gets so dull. I felt this a bit in MW2 aswell, due to no other unit which was purely a different nationality, however with SAS and potential french/german forces then it shouldn't feel so similar.

Also

You will have received an email from us this weekend titled "GAME: Get Tooled Up For Modern Warfare 3!"

If you preordered in a GAME store then this email was correct and we hope to see you in your local store at midnight.

If you preordered at GAME.co.uk (http://game.co.uk/) then, as our previous emails confirmed your order is on its way to you and is due to be delivered tomorrow.

Online customers also do not need to place a deposit in order to get their Intel pack as it is being shipped at the same time as their order, however it is in a different package.

If you are an Online customer and have any questions please check out www.game.co.uk/codfaq (http://www.game.co.uk/codfaq)

We are very sorry for any confusion. We hope you all enjoy Modern Warfare 3!

GAME.co.uk (http://game.co.uk/)

Phew!

DPS
07-11-2011, 09:08 PM
was going to ring my local tesco... AND THE NUMBER DOESNT WORK ;/ WELL THATS BLOODY GOOD ;/

DPS
08-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Got mine! cya around guys.

http://i43.tinypic.com/k1amva.jpg

Lamz
08-11-2011, 04:22 PM
still says shipped, but it's been dispatched & is in my xbox now :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!