PDA

View Full Version : Katy Perry - The One That Got Away

Muct
06-11-2011, 12:31 AM
i know it's only the trailer but it looks epic and beautiful and sjhkdjhk i just love her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhQsh6ciXuc

dirrty
06-11-2011, 12:33 AM
reminds me of rihanna's we found love

Eric
06-11-2011, 04:37 AM
Kinda similar to Rihanna's We Found Love.

I didn't know music video has a trailer too. I thought it's called teaser or something :S ? idk

garriet
06-11-2011, 10:01 AM
It's look like a good video, Katy perry always releases great songs and videos! Doesn't remind of me of Rihanna's we found love! :S

geo
06-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Looks good, there hasn't been a single song from Katy Perry that I have disliked so I'm sure I like this one. The video looks good and it doesn't remind me of Rihanna's song. :o

Judas
06-11-2011, 12:25 PM
definitely getting we found love vibes from this... sigh

wiktoria
06-11-2011, 12:30 PM
the one that got away is my favourite song from teenage dream.

Jordan
06-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Love this song, and the teaser video looks brilliant!

sammy
06-11-2011, 02:21 PM
It's not similar to We Found Love at all, are people not allowed to have talking in their videos anymore? Rihanna certainly wasn't the first lmao. It's only a trailer anyway so idk if that'll even be in the proper video.

It looks absolutely brilliant and from what you can see of her she looks like she did back in the One of the Boys days <3 She always releases brilliant music videos and it really reminds me of the Thinking of You video which is one of my favourites :) Can't wait!

Judas
06-11-2011, 02:30 PM
It's not similar to We Found Love at all, are people not allowed to have talking in their videos anymore? Rihanna certainly wasn't the first lmao. It's only a trailer anyway so idk if that'll even be in the proper video.

because that is the only similarity....

dirrty
06-11-2011, 02:41 PM

It looks absolutely brilliant and from what you can see of her she looks like she did back in the One of the Boys days <3 She always releases brilliant music videos and it really reminds me of the Thinking of You video which is one of my favourites :) Can't wait!
calm down lol, no need to get so defensive. in my opinion, it has elements in which are extremely similar to we found love. no one said there's anything wrong with that - just that this video (for me anyway) reminds me of the we found love video as that's what popped straight into my head when watching the teaser clip, and remained throughout it. obviously when the video actually comes out, the similarities may fade, but at this point in time, they remain quite akin.

Judas
06-11-2011, 02:51 PM
the video does look nice even if it is extremely similar to WFL. still waiting for the day that katy does something memorable though.

Slowpoke
06-11-2011, 08:08 PM
For the people saying that the videos seem similar, Katy actually filmed her video before Rihanna so if anyone is copying - and they aren't - it's Rihanna

:odey:
06-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Actually can't wait for this video,
It looks like it's going to be so beautifully made, and just beautiful all over...
Also love the song too :)

Jurv
06-11-2011, 11:51 PM
I don't really mind Katy Perry, her video's are always pretty good along with the songs. :)

Judas
07-11-2011, 12:33 AM
For the people saying that the videos seem similar, Katy actually filmed her video before Rihanna so if anyone is copying - and they aren't - it's Rihanna

no one said anyone was copying though

Rainbow
07-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Can't wait to see this video, i love the song :D

Slowpoke
07-11-2011, 08:10 PM
no one said anyone was copying though

It's implied. People are saying it uses elements of Rihanna's "We Found Love". But that's impossible; perphaps I've misunderstood

dirrty
07-11-2011, 08:15 PM
It's implied. People are saying it uses elements of Rihanna's "We Found Love". But that's impossible; perphaps I've misunderstood
i personally didn't mean to suggest katy copied rihanna. considering how close the videos were filmed (essentially days apart), it'd be a massive feat for one of em to copy the other lol. the two videos (of what we can see so far), just seem similar as the one that got away just reminds me of we found love. it's not actually a bad/insulting thing as we found love is a great video, but they just have elements which remind me of the other. bout it rly

Jazz
09-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Love the song :O Looking forward to the video!

Jordan
11-11-2011, 10:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahha3Cqe_**

I love this video...

Wow, can't link the video because it's avoiding the filter in the url LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahha3Cqe_** guess the ending=]

wiktoria
11-11-2011, 11:44 PM
I love the video! she looks gorgeous too. it's kinda sad though :(

you can watch it here www.katyperry.com

:odey:
11-11-2011, 11:46 PM
Absolutely adore the video...
So beautifully directed / produced / edited, the entire thing works perfectly...
Muchos love for the Kapes.

sammy
11-11-2011, 11:51 PM
I really do think it's probably Katy's best video yet. I agree with Tom, everything's been done really nicely; the acting, directing, editing, storyline... I really just can't fault the video at all, I love it. Plus Katy looks absolutely amazing, I really like how similar she looks in this video to how she did during the One of the Boys era.

Jazz
12-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Watched the video, loved it :O

Hollie
13-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Really love this song, love the video too :P

Jurv
13-11-2011, 08:46 PM
The only good thing about it was it having Johnny Cash at the end of it, he made it so much better.

MKR&*42
13-11-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm getting addicted to this song now :< I'm gonna burst out singing in R.E if I keep listening to this -_-

But yeah, absolutely fab. song - it's slightly upsetting and definitely shows another side to Katy compared to her upbeat 'California Girls' and most other songs.

One of her best yet :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!