PDA

View Full Version : Welcoming Bot?

tylermunjkt
07-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Hey,

Just thought; Why don't we have a welcoming bot?

They make it easier for people welcoming others. It could post in every welcoming post, when one is posted.

It could have a name (DECIDED FROM A COMP) and a Message could be decided from Habbox, something like this:

[LOGO]
Hello there [NAME], Welcome to Habbox Forum. We hope that you stay, and enjoy your time here.
Here are some threads you may want to look at:
Rules
other stuff

Ideas/Feedback?

Alex3213
07-11-2011, 06:24 PM
The user, upon registering, already gets a PM I believe. However, I am strongly against this idea because if a thread was made automatic as well, it destroys that warmth of introducing yourself. Instead of the user starting a thread, half a dozen may reply before they can even attempt to describe themselves. A bot would just be a silly idea.

Mr-Trainor
07-11-2011, 06:24 PM
I think that's an interesting idea, but not really necessary in my opinion, as we get a lot of users welcoming new users anyway :P. As for the 'Here's some threads you may want to look at', I don't see how it would decide on what threads are listed there :P. There is also already an automatic welcome PM. Like I said though, I don't think this is necessary but it's a nice idea :D!

Catzsy
07-11-2011, 06:39 PM
I think a bot is a bit impersonal and we as Super Moderators do try to make the effort to welcome every new member as well as the welcome pm they get on registration. Keep on coming with the ideas though! :)

David
07-11-2011, 06:47 PM
no need for a bot tbh..

http://www.habboxforum.com/converse.php?u=86819&u2=17293

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!