PDA

View Full Version : Our First Impressions

samsaBEAR
08-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Genuinely dislike this game. Really wish I hadn't of wasted the money on it. You die so quickly it feels like I'm constantly playing hardcore and once again the lack of dedicated servers is so frustrating coming from playing BF3 for the past week. I also like how Commando is also built into every player apart from me, literally been lunged about three or four times in every game I've played. I'm actually really pissed off that a laggy ****piece like this will destroy BF's saleswise, when it's quite clear that BF is the better game

DPS
08-11-2011, 03:22 PM
I love it, but thats maybe because its pretty much the same as MW2 lol

All the black ops **** wont like mw3 imo.

Oleh
08-11-2011, 03:45 PM
I've only played TDM (Something about learning the maps before playing search n destroy :S) and I hate it, but I naturally hated TDM all round anyway.

So other than that it's a lovely game.

I'm also concerned by the stability of Elite.

Lamz
08-11-2011, 04:24 PM
I wasn't a fan of black ops but I wasn't that much of a MW2 fan either, I'm about to play ONE game of multi-player then do campaign & I'll post again in about 10 mins... :L

dbgtz
08-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Well I haven't played it yet, but the presentation of the hardened edition is much better, but huge for no real reason. My first impression was wtf is up with nikolai

Lamz
08-11-2011, 06:09 PM
lol, that "one" game turned into about 20... I'll start campaign tonight & 7 or 8

beth
08-11-2011, 06:20 PM
heard so many bad reviews probably now gonna wait til christmas to buy it.

xxMATTGxx
08-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Following video contains swearing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcvScRTGnFo

DPS
08-11-2011, 07:03 PM
So many haters.. because they cant play the game lol, l2p...

xxMATTGxx
08-11-2011, 07:10 PM

Not being funny but COD isn't exactly hard now.....

beth
08-11-2011, 07:12 PM

this video is hilar. yeah, think i'll wait til xmas to buy it.

Firehorse
08-11-2011, 07:20 PM
I like the game, but it seems the level designers at infinity ward haven't even looked at a map of London let alone visited it for design reference. It has a couple of our famous land marks and icons such as the red telephone box and tube train, but other than that it just doesn't feel like London at all. It's like playing in a foreign city, and I've lived in London my entire life.

I think they should have held it back a year and gone over everything in more detail rather than rushing it. CoD would be so much better if Activision didn't use it as their cash cow.

The Don
08-11-2011, 09:12 PM
I'll let you all know when i can actually connect to the servers, it's saying my routers nat setting is on strict or something similar along those lines yet my dads ps3 says it's on open when we are connected to the same router.

Chris
08-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Really enjoyed the campaign but there were some really sad moments throughout it. I'm guessing that its the end of the modernwarfare series. :'(

Camy
08-11-2011, 09:46 PM
I didn't like it the first hour, the gameplay felt far too fast for me, but I really like it now, just takes a bit of getting used to.

Ajthedragon
08-11-2011, 09:53 PM
It's so freakin' fast. I loved blops, it catered for my style perfectly.

This doesn't in the slightest.

The maps are really confusing too!

Neil
08-11-2011, 09:57 PM

They probably hate it becase MW2.5 isn't a very good patch, not due to a lack of skill, it takes more skill cutting hair than it does to be good at a call of duty game.

DPS
08-11-2011, 10:00 PM
If its so easy to play why are people moaning? lol doesnt work out.

The people that hate it, cant play it imo.

dbgtz
08-11-2011, 10:21 PM
******* lag is pissing me off, I know too well I should get the kill but then somehow they shoot before me.

xxMATTGxx
08-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Someone facebook status:

cod - the spawns are ******, the maps are *****, the graphics are naff and you're trying to sell a game for 40 quid that came out 4 or 5 years ago in a different package...

GoldenMerc
08-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Think its quite poor to be fair

dbgtz
08-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Think its quite poor to be fair

I actually agree, but it's still OK. It is no where near as **** as black ops.

GommeInc
08-11-2011, 11:03 PM

Hmm, not the prettiest game :P I can see his point, the details, the animations and the colours are something I've not seen since PS2 games. It is oddly designed, you can't really see who you're killing and in my opinion games like this are better if you can see the the person you've pumped full of lead fall down before you. So the aiming action is a bit odd - it's not realistic seeing as when you look down the barrel of a gun through the sight you tend to see your enemy, not the lines and black dots which naturally fade out in real-life as you focus on a subject more than anything else. I can see it being tedious and a bit boring.

I'm not buying this game, mainly because I don't particularly like these sorts of games. It's not really sold it to me, which is pretty bad for a game developer. They're meant to draw in non-gamers and gamers, not loyalists.

Neil
09-11-2011, 12:52 AM
If its so easy to play why are people moaning? lol doesnt work out.

The people that hate it, cant play it imo.
Probably because it is a rubbish game? It is a well known fact CoD is easy, they haven't released a good game since CoD4, they need to kill this.

Oleh
09-11-2011, 01:05 AM
As long as they can maybe hotfix the lag compensation. It is quite abysmal to be fair, in the majority of the 1v1 situations I've been in I've had the drop and given most of the fire yet they always (always) seem to come out on top. I've had countless situations like this in both mw2 and mw3 yet in mw2 I could easily come out on top in the majority of 1v1's. Quite frustrating to be honest.

if little jimmy stealing internet off his neighbor has the upper hand due to this then I'm sorry but it's just unplayable to the extent that the same people I play with every time are complaining nearly every death due to it being wholly due to the OP lag compensation.

Hiro
09-11-2011, 01:25 AM
Taking my copy back to the store.

I play for fun. I can't have fun when every single round I am stuck in a spawn getting 1 shot by a Scar-L. Stun grenades don't even stun, they just make a stupid droning noise.

samsaBEAR
09-11-2011, 08:43 AM
I've played a bit more since, and the rage has subsided a bit, but its still very frustrating. That Type 95 burst fire gun is so ******* overpowered though. One burst to the chest to kill is a pisstake.
It's annoying because I really can't see where they've improved on the game, but I really really enjoy playing Team Defender. I can't believe how some reviews are saying that MW3 looks better than BF3 either

Lamz
09-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Im currently on 35% of campaign (started at 8 last night) & i do like it so far... 1 thing that I researched and am a bit pissed off about is when you are underground (in London) i heard "This is a picadily line service to, cockfosters!" I get that tube line every week day & that train doesn't stop at Westminster station. Petty, yes, but if you are going to have a feature at least make it correct. I liked Paris a lot I found that quite fun as well.

as for multiplayer, I haven't played it as much but I do like it, I think it's a lot smoother than MW2 & the combat is more intense as in you can die within seconds or minutes unlike MW2 & black ops where you could camp for a long period of time or get a kill within 6 seconds. I absolutely love having some decent snipers back because in all honesty, the black ops snipers are terrible. The game does take getting use to (as does every new game, apart from gears of war & recycled games like Fifa, NFL, NHL etc...) but yeah, so far I do like MW3 it can be better obviously but I am quite pleased with it.

dbgtz
09-11-2011, 05:18 PM
I'm loving all the COD4 connections in the story
Macmillan and Kamarov

dbgtz
09-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Sorry for a double post but a couple of things:

Despite being spoiled that soap dies, it was still the most impacting part of the game for me so far.
Loving where we see makarov in action from cod4 events
And a bit of a plot hole that in the airport flash back, there should be 5 people shooting civilians, not 4.

Damians
09-11-2011, 06:27 PM
blackops was way to quick to complete and the maps were just boring. they need to bring the story line ALOT longer

Oleh
09-11-2011, 07:58 PM
blackops was way to quick to complete and the maps were just boring. they need to bring the story line ALOT longer

I'm confused by what got said.

As I am a kill/death tracker (I moan at every death) I have become much more lenient with this game with the ability to reset your stats at 10th prestige.

DPS
09-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Black ops took longer to complete... i completed MW3 in 4 hours ;s so dont know what your going on about...

RyRy
09-11-2011, 08:45 PM

How to play COD:

1. Spawn
2. Spam all your grenades into whatever direction you well wish;
3. Run around jumping and crouching whenever you get the chance;
4. Run at people jumping and crouching then stab them in the back with a knife from 10 yards away;
5. Get knifed or shot, and then scream how unfair the game is and how you died due to lag.
6. Go back to point 2

And that's just for the multiplayer, don't get me started on how stale and reproduced all Call of Duty's have become now. It's terrible, get Skyrim or BF3 if you want to play a decent game.

xxMATTGxx
09-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Seems like people are currently moaning about a ranking glitch that if you are level 55 (example), you went off it for a while and came back you would be like 43 or something like that.

http://mattgarner.net/upload/images/1320887278.png

Lamz
09-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Sorry for a double post but a couple of things:

Despite being spoiled that soap dies, it was still the most impacting part of the game for me so far.
Loving where we see makarov in action from cod4 events
And a bit of a plot hole that in the airport flash back, there should be 5 people shooting civilians, not 4.

i agree those parts are good.

---

Can somebody help me?... :L

I'm on the part where you have to:

Save the presidents daughter and there are two friendly tanks. 1 on the left 1 on the right and there are hostiles in the bank, ahead of you and to your left. That mission is pissing me off! so I decided to go to mulitiplayer. :L

Yupt
09-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Oh so from what i've seen and heard, a good series has just been ruined? Tbh, the COD4 story line was always good and the sequel was inevitable. But from what I understand they're taking the piss now? They need to concentrate on gameplay over the story line.

However, (many of you will probably complain) I think the fact they've made it a lot more realistic in terms of bullet damage, I always hated how you may get 4 or 5 shots on the guy but they would't die.

The Don
09-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Anyone else feel that the m16 has had it's damage reduced?!?

dbgtz
09-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Oh so from what i've seen and heard, a good series has just been ruined? Tbh, the COD4 story line was always good and the sequel was inevitable. But from what I understand they're taking the piss now? They need to concentrate on gameplay over the story line.

However, (many of you will probably complain) I think the fact they've made it a lot more realistic in terms of bullet damage, I always hated how you may get 4 or 5 shots on the guy but they would't die.

What else can a shooter do? In all fairness in terms of the campaign, it was much more varied then MW2 and COD4. For example (mw3 finale spoiler):
In COD4 and MW2 in the finale you just sat there and killed the baddy whilst they done some crap. In MW3 you actually went into the fight. Whilst the multiplayer has pretty much no difference, I blame Activision for that. 1) they give strict deadlines and 2) Treyarch are pretty much allowed to just take what infinity ward have done, so the system gets used twice as much as it would have if it was just IW developing the game (which I think it should have, then people would have liked MW3 much better).

j0rd
09-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Seriously, what where they thinking when creating the maps?
The maps are absolutely tiny, care packages are completely pointless because the enemy can run over to your care package by the time you blink.

The spawn points are completely messed up, enemies just spawn behind you even if there are 6 team mates standing near each other.

Lamz
10-11-2011, 11:24 AM
finished campaign in a total time of 19hrs 16mins 57secs.

I did like campaign as a whole but it was a very short story line.

DPS
10-11-2011, 04:27 PM
19 hours?????? ;/ it only took me 4.

Oleh
10-11-2011, 05:21 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and say he did it on regular then veteran then got the achievements.

j0rd
10-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Just completed the campaign, I quite enjoyed it, going to try do all the achievements soon!

Lamz
10-11-2011, 11:37 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and say he did it on regular then veteran then got the achievements.

lol, I done it on regular & It would of taken me long...

I had college on tuesday from 9-5:30 (i get home at 6:30) had a shower, ate, Facebooked & tweeted etc.. so i didn't play it for long
Wednesday, I was in from 9-3 got in [@]@[/@] 4 did the same as above but on Wednesday, I stopped playing on the mission I was stuck on as posted in another post above
then today I finished it, started [@]@[/@] like 10 (my friend woke me up) & fnished at 11

samsaBEAR
11-11-2011, 01:24 AM
Im currently on 35% of campaign (started at 8 last night) & i do like it so far... 1 thing that I researched and am a bit pissed off about is when you are underground (in London) i heard "This is a picadily line service to, cockfosters!" I get that tube line every week day & that train doesn't stop at Westminster station. Petty, yes, but if you are going to have a feature at least make it correct. I liked Paris a lot I found that quite fun as well.

I thought that about the tubes as well, but then if you look on the tube maps, none of the actual tube stations are on there, they all have weird/funny names, like one is called Dobby's Corner.

finished campaign in a total time of 19hrs 16mins 57secs.

I did like campaign as a whole but it was a very short story line.
How the hell did you manage to do it in 19 hours?! I've just completed it and my completion time is 5 hours.

Campaign was pretty fun, but there were one part that was a bit ****** up and not cool and the second part which was still a bit ****** up, both of them were worse than No Russian from MW2, at least in that level most of the civilians didn't even look like real people (no detailed expressions etc)
When the bomb goes off and kills that family in London, jesus christ I can't believe they put that in there. I'm not easily offended but even I was like 'really?'

and then the whole strangling+hanging Makarov, i though it was a bit too much

Lamz
11-11-2011, 10:29 AM
I thought that about the tubes as well, but then if you look on the tube maps, none of the actual tube stations are on there, they all have weird/funny names, like one is called Dobby's Corner.

How the hell did you manage to do it in 19 hours?! I've just completed it and my completion time is 5 hours.

Campaign was pretty fun, but there were one part that was a bit ****** up and not cool and the second part which was still a bit ****** up, both of them were worse than No Russian from MW2, at least in that level most of the civilians didn't even look like real people (no detailed expressions etc)
When the bomb goes off and kills that family in London, jesus christ I can't believe they put that in there. I'm not easily offended but even I was like 'really?'

and then the whole strangling+hanging Makarov, i though it was a bit too much

Yeah, I noticed that on the tube map as well, I was thinking ":S wtf?" The bomb in London was quite harsh but then again, if you see a van stop like that, tourist or not you'd still be suspicious... that part was actually predictable I said to myself "that van is either going to blow up or the girl is going to get kidnapped"

I kinda liked when you have a flashback type thing in the airport but you pick up a gun & don't even have to kill anybody :/

When you hang Makarov i loved it... I was screaming "die ***** die" whilst destroying my x button :L

I think the reason it took me so long is because I think I spent an hour or two on the mission where you have to get inside the building where the presidents daughter is (with the two tanks) i actually got soo frustrated with that part

I found the mission where you save the president and have to get him to the chopper hard at first because i didn't notice the turret until about the 5th attempt. There was another mission i kept gettin' lost on... it's in the night and you have to go all stealth then you go across this courtyard and there are LOADS of people shooting at you. I think it's the part after you find out that what's his name knows Makarov.

------

Has any1 completed all the Special Ops yet?

dbgtz
11-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I noticed that on the tube map as well, I was thinking ":S wtf?" The bomb in London was quite harsh but then again, if you see a van stop like that, tourist or not you'd still be suspicious... that part was actually predictable I said to myself "that van is either going to blow up or the girl is going to get kidnapped"

I kinda liked when you have a flashback type thing in the airport but you pick up a gun & don't even have to kill anybody :/

When you hang Makarov i loved it... I was screaming "die ***** die" whilst destroying my x button :L

I think the reason it took me so long is because I think I spent an hour or two on the mission where you have to get inside the building where the presidents daughter is (with the two tanks) i actually got soo frustrated with that part

I found the mission where you save the president and have to get him to the chopper hard at first because i didn't notice the turret until about the 5th attempt. There was another mission i kept gettin' lost on... it's in the night and you have to go all stealth then you go across this courtyard and there are LOADS of people shooting at you. I think it's the part after you find out that what's his name knows Makarov.

------

Has any1 completed all the Special Ops yet?

Missions wise, I only vetted the 2 training ones. I'm doing all of the survival above 10 waves atm, done the first 4 of those.

Anyway I think that bit mentioned was actually the first time I really got into the game as it made me think "o****" and I love moments like that. It is also why I loved the death and the end so much.

Also the multiplayer is pissing me off atm, not for the normal lag (though that is there), but for how I was killed hiding behind a tank and the guy shot through it.

Lamz
12-11-2011, 11:01 AM
the multiplayer death animation is so ****** at times... I got killed & i somehow dropped to the floor face first, hit the floor & bounced back up & fell holding my leg... but on the kill cam all i did was fall holding my leg :/

---

Apart from the lag which will always be in a CoD game (well for now anyway) and the stupid death animations. I enjoy multiplayer... I've finallygottenuse to all the maps but 1 i can't stand is dome. It's actually worst that nuketown... you can cross map kill sooo easily & the way spawning is f'ed already, you have to be FAST when spawning

dbgtz
12-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Yeah, dome is pretty ****. Though I wish that all the maps felt more real in positioning of things, it feels so fake and horrid.

Also favourite bits from the soundtrack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0SH4gcTFJY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlvFwwvn2Tk

Also, anyone up for veteran spec ops on PS3? :)

Ford
16-11-2011, 10:05 AM

took me 4 hour 27 minutes, dying at 19 hours.

DPS
16-11-2011, 11:34 AM
took me 4 hour 27 minutes, dying at 19 hours. LOL same man i was like woah 19????? must of died so much lol

Andii
16-11-2011, 12:18 PM
i hate it cause its crap lolol.... GEARS 3 ALL THE WAY WOOT WOOT :) i am a true gears fan

Bascailly i hate the fact u die so fast aswell. . n oo apparently you can die around a corner of a building when someone shoots through the WHOLE BUILDING -.- once u get shot once ur bascially dead no time to run lolol. . also hate how noob tubes cant kill anyone unless its actually hitting them in the face lol. . . THATS ME NEVER GETTING KILLS =[ . . .

BTTTT i love the survival mode :) i was playing last nite and the juggernot scared the crap outta me. . once he shoots u its like AHHHHHHHHHHH RUN FOR YOUR LIFE HES COMINGGGG lol :) my dad was like wtf is he doing cause i got scared when it shot me lololol. . also love how killstreaks continue after death :) woot woot EMPS lol. . .

overall

ITS A CRAP GAME ONLINE. . . AND THE MW3 ELITE THING IS AWFUL . . CAN NEVER GET ON IT -.-
but surival mode is worth it :)

END RESULT !!!!

GET GEARS OF WAR 3 EVERYONE AS ITS UNREAL LIVE. . SO MANY THINGS HAPPENING AND UNREAL CAMPAIGN :'( i cried in ACT 3 :( :( you will see when you BUY IT. .

DPS
16-11-2011, 12:35 PM
i hate it cause its crap lolol.... GEARS 3 ALL THE WAY WOOT WOOT :) i am a true gears fan

Bascailly i hate the fact u die so fast aswell. . n oo apparently you can die around a corner of a building when someone shoots through the WHOLE BUILDING -.- once u get shot once ur bascially dead no time to run lolol. . also hate how noob tubes cant kill anyone unless its actually hitting them in the face lol. . . THATS ME NEVER GETTING KILLS =[ . . .

BTTTT i love the survival mode :) i was playing last nite and the juggernot scared the crap outta me. . once he shoots u its like AHHHHHHHHHHH RUN FOR YOUR LIFE HES COMINGGGG lol :) my dad was like wtf is he doing cause i got scared when it shot me lololol. . also love how killstreaks continue after death :) woot woot EMPS lol. . .

overall

ITS A CRAP GAME ONLINE. . . AND THE MW3 ELITE THING IS AWFUL . . CAN NEVER GET ON IT -.-

END RESULT !!!!

GET GEARS OF WAR 3 EVERYONE AS ITS UNREAL LIVE. . SO MANY THINGS HAPPENING AND UNREAL CAMPAIGN :'( i cried in ACT 3 :( :( you will see when you BUY IT. .

I play MW3 for my clan thats all lol i dont really play others but feel free to add me zISTYLEIz

Andii
16-11-2011, 12:55 PM
I play MW3 for my clan thats all lol i dont really play others but feel free to add me zISTYLEIz

lol get gears :) and why woud i add u?? ur always at gym :( :( lolol jks al add ye now woot woot

Camy
20-11-2011, 02:41 AM
Fanboys gonna fan..

Lol, I've played it quite a bit since my first comment, I like it, it's fun for me. Spawns need a major fix though, been spawned next to/behind people a few times.

peteyt
23-11-2011, 01:54 AM
Is it just me or would it have been better with more public locations. Some of the modern locations didn't feel as modern as they could and its why I liked the tube bit.

I'd like a modern warfare where its actually in the streets of somewhere like England and you have to properly plan it out instead of just going into areas gun blazing. You'd have members of the public often involved, trapped and you needing to protect/avoid them.

DPS
23-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Well look forward to 9 map packs... lol cant wait :)

dbgtz
23-11-2011, 06:31 PM

overall

END RESULT !!!!

This is not a thread on Gears of War 3, and that franchise is crap.

Is it just me or would it have been better with more public locations. Some of the modern locations didn't feel as modern as they could and its why I liked the tube bit.

I'd like a modern warfare where its actually in the streets of somewhere like England and you have to properly plan it out instead of just going into areas gun blazing. You'd have members of the public often involved, trapped and you needing to protect/avoid them.

Yeah, but I guess that would "disrupt the flow" as making it more genuine would mean there could be spots where campers can easily camp, and to an extent that's why I don't like the map so much as it feels too crafted.

Well look forward to 9 map packs... lol cant wait :)

There is not 9 map packs, there are 9 bits of DLC which elite subs can download which they suggest may be more then just maps. There are then 3 or 4 map packs for non subscribers to buy.

peteyt
23-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Yeah, but I guess that would "disrupt the flow" as making it more genuine would mean there could be spots where campers can easily camp, and to an extent that's why I don't like the map so much as it feels too crafted.

It would be different though. I think the problem with Modern Warfare is that each one seems just the same.

The first one seemed to be a massive hit and had a massive influence on both gamers but also designers, developers etc. Lots of developers seemed to try and go for the call of duty kind of approach for their games and while sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't seem right.

The problem is when you come out with a breakthrough game as popular as the first, how do you top it?

MrPanicProne
17-12-2011, 05:02 PM
I have more really good games than really bad games (Good judged as score or K/D). I feel as though I made the mistake of buying it instead of getting it from Gamefly, but overall I feel it is better than Black Ops. One thing that really stands out is how old the engine is and I hope that time is put into improving the look of the franchise, but that is only a hope knowing Activision.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!