PDA

View Full Version : Skyrim tomorrow: Choose your race!

Technologic
10-11-2011, 07:20 PM
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Races

(http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Races)Me, i'm going for bosmer or argonian, will decide when i get it aha

Oleh
10-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Orc baby!!

redtom
10-11-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm a Breton, it's going pretty well so far, the UI is very different from oblivion and the stats aren't as detailed so I've managed to somehow get a disease without knowing what it is, how I got it or how to get rid of it :(

Fez
10-11-2011, 08:10 PM
ARGONIAN.

FUS RO DAH!

David
10-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Bosmer for me :P

Matthew
10-11-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm gonna be argonian.

Can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow! :D

Stephen
10-11-2011, 10:37 PM
orc maybe I dunno might just randomize

Tom
10-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Either Dunmer or Altmer - as I'm more into magic than physical combat.

Nemo
10-11-2011, 11:34 PM
I've been playing literally all day today. Chosen to go for a Dunmer mage and loving it so far. Dual weilding dem firebolts is pretty fun.

wixard
10-11-2011, 11:59 PM
FEMALE KHAJIIT YEAAAH

Neil
11-11-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm playing nord as it suits my play style more, I love this game, I got it yesterday but didn't get to play too much, I just completed the quests to become a werewolf, which is pretty bad arse, +1 to Bethesda for improving the third person.

Stephen
11-11-2011, 04:29 PM
The first thing I ever do in an elder scrolls game is get a HORSEYHORSEYHORSEY

Matthew
11-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Love the game so far.

I've just killed the (first?) dragon. Pretty epic!

Stephen
11-11-2011, 09:59 PM
I haven't even seen a dragon yet (apart from start of course) :(

I guess I need to do less robbing people's houses and fighting hired thugs and do more exploring

Matthew
11-11-2011, 10:15 PM
I haven't even seen a dragon yet (apart from start of course) :(

I guess I need to do less robbing people's houses and fighting hired thugs and do more exploring

In like the 3rd quest you

fight one

:P

Stephen
11-11-2011, 10:26 PM
ohhhh right I'm not following the main quest atm so I guess I'll do it when I next play

has anyone seen any randomly in the wild yet?

Fez
11-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Seven hours in.

I bought a chef outfit and chef hat.

I am now going through the game pretty much being a Lizard Palpatine Chef Excellence, frying people with my electric fingers.

It is so good.

redtom
12-11-2011, 12:06 AM
ohhhh right I'm not following the main quest atm so I guess I'll do it when I next play

has anyone seen any randomly in the wild yet?

I've fought a few, only the weakest ones though. As I'm focusing on archery they've been pretty easy for me so far but I'm guessing the stronger ones are allot strong. My first random one was standing outside a town I map travelled to another was attacking a village near by and a 3rd Frost Dragon attacked me while I was riding on my horse after around 2 minutes exploring outside whiterum.

A friend of mine had a second dragon appear seconds after defeating his first random encounter of one, not sure if this was by chance or not.

Stephen
12-11-2011, 12:28 AM
I love the randomness of them. Brings so much realism to the game.

I ******* love the giants haha although they're too tough for me atm, just keep getting flinged up in the air :'(

David
12-11-2011, 01:18 AM
Paarthurnax is pretty awesome! anyone met him yet?

ben
12-11-2011, 04:37 AM
im loving it and im a redguard

Matthew
12-11-2011, 08:11 AM
Yeah I went with reguard in the end as well :)

I love having my fire spell in the left hand and a sword in the right!

Stephen
12-11-2011, 01:29 PM
I went with the casual ****

Oleh
12-11-2011, 01:47 PM
In the end I went for the good old nord.

Andii
12-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Altmer (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Altmer)orrrrArgonian (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Argonian)to breath under water lol and magic :)

Stephen
12-11-2011, 06:48 PM
silly arcadia having 800 coins on her while she sleeps

slaughtered that cow RAWR

btw I pissed myself laughing at these videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt5aUdijAN8
Contains Swearing (in title)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PG2CPSxE_0

Edited by Oleh (Forum Moderator): Put a video in a spoiler

Accipiter
12-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Probably going to be an imperial

Is it possible to level any classes to wear heavy armour & use two handed swords?

Nemo
12-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Probably going to be an imperial

Is it possible to level any classes to wear heavy armour & use two handed swords?what do you mean? There are no set classes, you just play and evolve your character into what you want. So yes you can have anything with heavy armour and 2h weapons.

Playin ma dunmer pure mage. Fireball is the most amazing spell ever.

Matthew
12-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Just killed the second dragon (after getting the horn thing for the grey beards, I went with Delphine to the dragon burial site). I absorbed the dragon soul... How do I use it? I have 2 shouts that I can't use as I 'need dragon souls', and I just absorbed one?

Anyway, loving the game so far.

David
12-11-2011, 11:31 PM
anyone came across anything to do with relationships/romance ?

Accipiter
12-11-2011, 11:37 PM
what do you mean? There are no set classes, you just play and evolve your character into what you want. So yes you can have anything with heavy armour and 2h weapons.

Playin ma dunmer pure mage. Fireball is the most amazing spell ever.

Understand now just downloaded it, got past that huge mountain cant remember names to tired

Stephen
13-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Just killed the second dragon (after getting the horn thing for the grey beards, I went with Delphine to the dragon burial site). I absorbed the dragon soul... How do I use it? I have 2 shouts that I can't use as I 'need dragon souls', and I just absorbed one?

Don't you have to read from them wall things to get the shout

Nemo
13-11-2011, 02:02 AM
If you've read the writing and have a dragon soul, go to the shouts menu bit in magic and then press X on xbox (not sure what is on the other platforms), but just look at the bottom. I thought you just selected it like normal but you dont :p

Ya you read the writings to get the shout, dragon soul to unlock it.

Matthew
13-11-2011, 08:36 AM

Yeah I have, I have two shouts that I've read off the walls but can't use.

EDIT: Thanks Nemo :)

wixard
13-11-2011, 09:45 AM
is it easy to kill some ****'in dragons or what
i have two shouts but NO dragon souls
:(

Matthew
13-11-2011, 12:08 PM
is it easy to kill some ****'in dragons or what
i have two shouts but NO dragon souls
:(

Go through the main quests. You have to kill two dragons in the first 5-6 main quests :)

Had a frost dragon attack me in the wild yesterday (frosts are the second strongest dragon). I was never gonna win so I ran, right into a place where ice wraiths spawn. I ran away from them into a group of giant poisonous spider things.

Not fair, having to run from a dragon, 2 ice wraiths and a group of giant spiders IMO!!

redtom
13-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Had a frost dragon attack me in the wild yesterday (frosts are the second strongest dragon). I was never gonna win so I ran, right into a place where ice wraiths spawn. I ran away from them into a group of giant poisonous spider things.

Not fair, having to run from a dragon, 2 ice wraiths and a group of giant spiders IMO!!

Frost Dragons are the mid level dragon (8 others 4 either side in level) Its just over half the strength of the strongest Dragon, but still 3 times that of the normal dragons. Was it completely white? I really want to see what frost dragons look like

Nemo
13-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Gah, had my toughest dragon battle yet. Was running around mountains and i ran into a dragon. Started fighting it and midfight I got attacked by a sabretooth thingy. Turns out dragons hate those, and the dragon started attacking it! Obviously the dragon won, so that was one thing taken care of. Then I get trapped between a rock and the dragon. So he's munching on me (luckily didnt do his 1 hit KO thing), and i finally take him down. ez.

Then a frost troll appears from no where and almost kills me. I take him down too like a bosssssss.

Love this game.

Matthew
13-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Frost Dragons are the mid level dragon (8 others 4 either side in level) Its just over half the strength of the strongest Dragon, but still 3 times that of the normal dragons. Was it completely white? I really want to see what frost dragons look like

Oh right :P

Yeah it was almost completely white (it wasn't pure white, it was a bit grey)

Had another frost dragon encounter up by the magic school. Managed to kill that one though! (with the help of Lydia and the guards at the school.. :P)

David
13-11-2011, 05:53 PM
they made the final battle with Alduin too easy imo, it should have been 1 on 1.

and you will find dragon battles easier with the Dragonrend shout, and much much easier with Call Dragon shout

Matthew
13-11-2011, 08:51 PM
I joined the stormcloaks, and I'm up to the bit where

You have to take Solitude..

Did anyone else choose to be the stormcloaks?

Neversoft
14-11-2011, 02:49 PM
I'll just leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F84oQejFvss

Stephen
14-11-2011, 05:38 PM
does anyone else just fart about on these games? I haven't done any quests, I've just been stealing, fighting bandits and killing fellow residents in their sleep

I guess I'm being a good khajiit

Eoin247
14-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Just downloaded it for the pc. can't wait to try it out tommorow! It sounds amazing. Skyrim native all the way!

Stephen
15-11-2011, 12:46 AM
Haven't explored much so don't know much about the enemies but I was trotting along in the snow and found a word wall thingy and then some enemy with icy attacks came out of a chest or something I think

it scared me :'(

oh just googled and it was a dragon priest so that's why i was ****** instantly

How do I read the word wall thing without getting attacked? Sneak?

Technologic
15-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Never take on 3 giants and 8 mammoths at once, you generally die.

Matthew
15-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Never take on 3 giants and 8 mammoths at once, you generally die.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! ;)

Stephen
15-11-2011, 06:38 PM
The day a child killing mod is added will be the best day ever

*shoots fire at kid*

WOW URE A WIZARD

YES KID AND YOU'RE ******* IMMORTAL

Technologic
15-11-2011, 06:39 PM
The day a child killing mod is added will be the best day ever

*shoots fire at kid*

WOW URE A WIZARD

YES KID AND YOU'RE ******* IMMORTAL

omg why would you attack the kids, then you cant play tag like a boss

Chris
17-11-2011, 08:48 PM
I ordered it last night. It looks great but I'm not sure which race I shall pick yet.

Stephen
19-11-2011, 04:49 PM
lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE4uzGaQDQg

Technologic
19-11-2011, 06:36 PM
lol

Hahahah, thats amazing!

Matthew
20-11-2011, 09:17 PM
lol

lol thats awesome :O

Just finished the main quest line :D

those final 2 quests were amazing, first getting to alduin and then defeating him. Was bloody hard though!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!