PDA

View Full Version : iPad

Alkaz
12-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Ello!

Well basically I've decided that I want to treat myself to an iPad. However I have no idea what one is the best one to go for. I don't know if it is better to get 1G or 2G - I know a lot of people go on about things as if it is going to dramatically change their lives but I want to know if it would actually effect the overall experience if I was to perhaps buy the 1G instead of the 2G iPad. All the different sites and reviews just confuse me.

I've had my iPod touch for almost four years now so I don't really mind things being a little out of date. I've also never maxed out the 8GB of memory it has so knowing how much memory I would expect to use with an iPad would be handy as I personally can't see myself using all of the memory on the 16GB model.

Also, what are peoples views on the 3G mobile plans? Are they worth it because I can see that being a handy thing for college / university to have and for general day to day use when I have it with me.

I'll +rep decent responses. Thanks guys!

Mathew
12-11-2011, 12:55 AM
I have the iPad2 32GB Wi-Fi model and probably use it for about three hours a day. It's fantastic. I bought it the day before Results Day back in August so it was either going to be a treat or a comfort purchase. Thankfully, the former was the case! :P It's really handy for travelling because you've pretty much got everything you need loaded on to it. You can download films to it too which is great! :D

At home it connects to our Wi-Fi and if I need to use it at school, I just tether it to my mobile phone 3G. Let us know which you decide on! :)

iBlueBox
12-11-2011, 10:44 AM
I bought, a 64GB Wifi Black iPad 2 in launch day,

Second generation was far more better, then my first can really tell the differences with the A5 chip. The camera isn't great though.

Recursion
12-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Get the 2nd Gen, no 3G, you choose the size.

I got a 32GB 1st gen before the 2nd gen was released and it's still just as good imo.

Jack!
12-11-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm getting a 16gb White, 2nd gen in around a week or so, If you wait I can let you know? :D

HotelUser
12-11-2011, 08:22 PM
I have a first gen and love it but a second gen is better for sure, thinner and dual core, also supports the Apple created cover which is a neat magnet based one.

I don't have a 3G iPad because it's too expensive in Canada to pay for monthly. I tether with my iPhone.

Alkaz
13-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Ok cheers for your input guys. I'll let you all know if / when / what I get :)

Mr-Trainor
13-11-2011, 02:41 PM
I've got a 2nd generation iPad and it's definitely better than the first generation one, particularly with the dual core processor. However, I've only got the Wifi version and I don't see why you'd need the 3G one. You could do what I did, and buy a BT Fon, and if you connect it to your router, it means other people can gain access from that BT Fon, but then BT give you a BT Fon account which allows you to gain Internet access from any BT Fon. Hopefully that makes sense :P. So I've got the Wifi version but I can get Wifi when I'm out from a BT Fon/BT open zone, and I only paid £30 one-off for the BT Fon instead of having a 3G data plan :).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!