PDA

View Full Version : J. Lo overtakes GaGa on YouTube views

MKR&*42
14-11-2011, 07:52 PM
:O

Yesterday (or the day before), Jennifer Lopez became the singer of the video with the second highest amount of views on YouTube = 428 million, bypassing Lady GaGa's 'Bad Romance' which is currently on 426 million views.

Shakira's 'Waka Waka' or whatever song will probably bypass 'Bad Romance' as well, imo. The GaGa craze has died down slightly and people aren't absolutely obsessed with bad romance anymore :L

For those who are wondering... Justin Bieber's 'Baby' is first with over 600 million views (I don't expect anyone to beat him tbqh.)

Oh and the J.Lo song is 'On the floor'.

Do you lot think that GaGa will be overtaken by Shakira? Or are you one of those 'little monsters' (I think that's what her fans are called o.O) who want GaGa to be queen? XL

Slowpoke
14-11-2011, 08:05 PM
I actually find this quite surprising... though I know both J-Lo and Shakira are extremely popular with the Spanish speaking populations (which make up a surprisingly large amount of the world's population) :D If Youtube had been as popular 6 years ago as it is now, I think "Hips Don't Lie" would probably be ahead of "Baby"...

geo
14-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Omg. I wouldn't have expected this lmao! Can't believe GaGa's have been taken over, not sure if it will again any time soon. :P

Plebings
14-11-2011, 08:21 PM
by bloody JLo as well... bad spanish population, bad :@

MKR&*42
14-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Tbh, I think the timing of the video affected it as well - bad romance was uploaded in 2009 (I think) and did quite well to reach 400 + million views starting at that time. Whereas, On the floor was only uploaded this year and ofc YouTube increased loads in popularity so it was quite likely to get a lot more views.

And haha, yeah the Spanish population are now taking over Youtube :')

:odey:
14-11-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm quite surprised at this tbh,
I do like the song, but I didn't think she would be that popular...

But that amount of views for ANYONE is absolutely crazy, especially 600million...

MKR&*42
14-11-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm quite surprised at this tbh,
I do like the song, but I didn't think she would be that popular...

But that amount of views for ANYONE is absolutely crazy, especially 600million...

Well, I think in total. GaGa surpassed 1 billion quite a while ago for all her videos and Justin Bieber only passed it quite recently xL

I bet that 'Baby' will probably reach 1 billion views in 2013 ;)

Muct
15-11-2011, 04:51 PM
technically though she hasn't passed shakira yet
because shakiras spanish version has an extra 65 million views
but yeah
not really surprised

GirlNextDoor15
16-11-2011, 12:35 PM
not surprised at all. lady gaga is well far-fetched and whatever she does is literally about seeking attention. i used to like her a while ago but not now anymore. she's ridiculous. how can somebody wear outfits that don't even show her face at mtv ema? that's stupid. and i think shakira's waka waka is better than lady gaga's bad romance. not sure about j lo. never like j lo before.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!