PDA

View Full Version : Breaking dicing

Kyle
15-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Today we have taken the step to disable dice in the game. From today they will no longer work, and next week we will remove them all from the game. This was due to the amount of scamming and general “bad use” of these ingame dice items. While we strongly believe that what you do with your treasure is entirely up to you, we have had to step in to deal with this issue.

What do we mean by “bad use” of dice items? Well, gambling for GP was never the intention of the dice. There is no support for PvP gambling within RuneScape and we do not intent to add any. Gambling is a risky pastime and nobody should ever rely on gambling to make money.

Also, there was a high degree of scamming or general bad behaviour when using dice, particularly since the removal of bots a few weeks ago. While we hope that players are “streetwise” enough to recognise a scam, it’s not always the case. Sometimes we have to step in and change the game.

Don’t gamble! There are too many people who will try to scam you or alter the odds in their favour. It’s never supported by JAGEX unless it’s about gameplay (like the duel arena). It’s likely that dice scammers will move over to another method of trying to scam you, so please, be vigilant and remember... if it sounds too good to be true, it’s probably a lie.

Just don’t do it.

Mod_mark
RuneScape Lead Designer

Anybody dice regularly or affected by dicers? I'm glad this has gone, I won't be gambling all my money away anymore! About time they removed this as people were clearly making far too much in such short amounts of time. loving the recent updates

:.justben.:
15-11-2011, 07:24 PM
quite upset D: i made and lost alot on dicing :(

kooldude23
18-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Me too, I went 93mil up in an hour against a legit host. The same host then scammed me on a 40mil stake that I won. He came back 3 weeks later and gave me the 80mil I won, I was apparently the only person he scammed. I thought that was a respectable thing to do.
Then bet 35mil against a santa on 2 winning rolls and lost =)

:.justben.:
18-11-2011, 08:57 PM
haha :P

Aidenn
19-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Never diced for my wealth.

Have staked at duel arena tho ;p

Fabrick
19-11-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm pleased with it. Dicers are pathetic, stealing others' money. I know I'm dirt poor but whatever money I do make is through skilling/cb and it should be the same for everybody else.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!