PDA

View Full Version : Lady Gaga fans bully Adele about her weight on Twitter

Eric
16-11-2011, 11:53 AM
The two women are up for the most coveted title in the music industry - to become the bestselling artist in the world.
But it seems the Londoner has overtaken the American pop singer and has officially sold one in 10 records this year.

Lady Gaga's supporters, known as "little monsters" now seem to be living up to their name by making catty jibes about Adele's weight.

Mock up videos of Adele have also been made with a fake singer belting out "I'm bootyful in my own way because Arby's (an American restaurant) makes nooo mistakes, I've got the right order, baby, I was born this weight."

The bullying intensified after Adele was forced to cancel some recent concerts after having an operation on her vocal chords.

An executive at Lady Gaga's record label said: "Lady Gaga does not approve of bullying anyone for their physical appearance, it goes against everything she stands for.

A tiny handful of fans may be letting her down."Lady Gaga's fans used the opportunity to say theMake You Feel My Lovesinger could not sell enough tickets so had to cancel instead. Both women usually sing to sell-out audiences.

Adele's album 21 is still in America's top five after 37 weeks on the billboard chart. More than 10 million copies of the album have been sold worldwide.

Lady Gaga's album Born This Way has slipped out of the Top 40 after only 24 weeks.

A spokesman for Adele declined to comment.

Sources from :http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/music/lady-gaga-fans-bully-adele-about-her-weight-on-twitter/story-e6frf9hf-1226195589205

(http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/music/lady-gaga-fans-bully-adele-about-her-weight-on-twitter/story-e6frf9hf-1226195589205)Opinions?

GirlNextDoor15
16-11-2011, 12:39 PM
they are obsessed with lady gaga and hence, lost their logical thinking. js

samsaBEAR
16-11-2011, 03:21 PM
lady gaga is a talentless gimmick, manafactured for popularity, whereas Adele actually has substance behind her music, regardless of her weight. she's not even that fat? most of gaga's american fans are probably four times the size of adele

-ry!
16-11-2011, 03:33 PM
imo adele jokes r funny she takes it the right way too, she can handle it1~!!

Red
16-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Those over obscessive fans who just jibe other female artists are so annoying ;/ Maybe they should go andlisten to lady gaga's lyrics because like the article said, bullying is going agaisnt everything she believes in.

geo
16-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Wow.. how stupid? Doing something GaGa would hate lmao.. I don't think it's fair what they said tbh

tylermunjkt
16-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Im sure cameron wont be happy.

WHY BE MEAN TO ADELE? STUPID LITTLE MONSTERS

[@]@Jurv[/@]

MKR&*42
16-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Wow... not over-reacting over singers much?

As people have said, GaGa is completely against bullying e.g. Born this way, so bullying/teasing Adele isn't exactly supporting GaGa...

Nice to see that anti-bullying week has taught those ***** nothing -_-

beth
16-11-2011, 04:44 PM
and adele fans bully gaga. it's all over tumblr, the fans make false quote gifs and all sorts. it's just silly little girls/boys who love a fight.

Jssy
16-11-2011, 04:48 PM
jealous fans. It's pretty stupid, if you don't like her you don't have to say anything and I agree. Adele is not that fat.

Jurv
16-11-2011, 06:57 PM
That is seriously ****** up, if the people who were making these stupid jokes were true fans of Lady Gaga then they wouldn't be doing this, just like the record label executive said, it goes against everything she stands for. I'm not a fan of Lady Gaga but I wouldn't go out of my way to start bullying her just because she sold more albums then my favourite artist, if anything I would be happy for her. I just find it disgusting how they mock Adele's weight, she isn't clinically obese, she's overweight get over it.

Judas
17-11-2011, 11:55 PM
this is ******ed. i love the way that lady gaga is such a big star that even now her fans are getting bad press and stories made up about them LOL

do they REALLY think it is JUST lady gaga fans attacking adele? do they think ALL lady gaga fans are attacking adele? don't they think adele fans aren't horrible about anyone either?

to be honest, lady gaga and adele are two easy targets because they are both really the only female artists in the charts today who aren't conventionally attractive and aren't "sex symbols" like katy, rihanna etc, and they are both victim of a lot of nasty comments (as seen in this thread, lmao) but i respect them both because they aren't afraid to do what they want to do as artists, and i think they are beautiful, strong women. why these stupid rumours would be made up which would only create hate between fanbases, i don't know. it's wrong and unnecessary really, and even sadder is how easily you people all buy into it.

HotelUser
17-11-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm not a very big fan of Lady Gaga's music, I really don't like her music videos, and I've never heard of Adele before, but this is very petty news.

edit: I just listened to her Rolling in the Deep song and she has a very pretty voice. I prefer her voice, and music videos much more than the other singer's.

-ry!
18-11-2011, 12:00 AM
I'm bootyful in my own way because Arby's (an American restaurant) makes nooo mistakes, I've got the right order, baby, I was born this weight."

lmao at that omg

Judas
18-11-2011, 12:04 AM
lady gaga is a talentless gimmick, manafactured for popularity, whereas Adele actually has substance behind her music, regardless of her weight. she's not even that fat? most of gaga's american fans are probably four times the size of adele

what songs have you based your view on that she has no substance behind her music? just dance? telephone? lol please. adele is a talented songwriter and musician and so is lady gaga.

there is also no real evidence if she was "manufactured for popularity" or not but that's just a cynical view without any basis so moving on...

lady gaga is talented, i'm not really going to bother trying to change your mind too much on that because i'm not overly bothered, but just watch any live performance of hers when it's just her and a piano - no costumes or blood or theatrics.

also EVERY commercial act has a "gimmick". a gimmick is something that sets one apart from others. lady gaga's gimmick is that she is "weird", adele's gimmick is that she is so "normal", rihanna's gimmick is that she is, basically very ****** and sexual, katy's gimmick is that she is the fun, sexy girl next door etc...

obviously you're just going to dismiss everything i've said and disagree but i'm just making my point.

---------- Post added 18-11-2011 at 01:05 AM ----------

I'm bootyful in my own way because Arby's (an American restaurant) makes nooo mistakes, I've got the right order, baby, I was born this weight."

lmao at that omg

that isn't even a funny one lol

Hour
18-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Adele is the bomb. Amazing music. :) Somelike you FTW

Andii
18-11-2011, 11:41 AM
what songs have you based your view on that she has no substance behind her music? just dance? telephone? lol please. adele is a talented songwriter and musician and so is lady gaga.

there is also no real evidence if she was "manufactured for popularity" or not but that's just a cynical view without any basis so moving on...

lady gaga is talented, i'm not really going to bother trying to change your mind too much on that because i'm not overly bothered, but just watch any live performance of hers when it's just her and a piano - no costumes or blood or theatrics.

also EVERY commercial act has a "gimmick". a gimmick is something that sets one apart from others. lady gaga's gimmick is that she is "weird", adele's gimmick is that she is so "normal", rihanna's gimmick is that she is, basically very ****** and sexual, katy's gimmick is that she is the fun, sexy girl next door etc...

obviously you're just going to dismiss everything i've said and disagree but i'm just making my point.

---------- Post added 18-11-2011 at 01:05 AM ----------

that isn't even a funny one lol

go on Judas !!!!!! :) i back you up tbh. . Lady Gaga is UNREAL LIVE !!!!!!!!!!! and whoever thinks shes got no talent really can't talk because they themselves have NO TALENT TO EVEN JUDGE others unless they have saw them live . . .

also adele is the most lovelyist person ive ever talked to shes so dead on and kind.

BUT SEROUSLY ITS NOT LADY GAGA FANS JUST DOING IT its most likly THOUSANDS of other fans who just don't like adeles music. . AND LADY GAGA GETS LOADSSSS OF ABUSE ASWELL !!!!!!

Empired
18-11-2011, 01:59 PM
They're absolutely definitely jealous of Adele's gorgeous voice. I know I am, but I am jealous in a good way.

sorrydude$
18-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Im not one of them crazy fans of GaGa, but i did make fun of her because of Adele's weight >;} (1Tweet)
She's had money for awhile, she should have lost that weight..

Judas
18-11-2011, 03:30 PM
go on Judas !!!!!! :) i back you up tbh. . Lady Gaga is UNREAL LIVE !!!!!!!!!!! and whoever thinks shes got no talent really can't talk because they themselves have NO TALENT TO EVEN JUDGE others unless they have saw them live . . .

also adele is the most lovelyist person ive ever talked to shes so dead on and kind.

BUT SEROUSLY ITS NOT LADY GAGA FANS JUST DOING IT its most likly THOUSANDS of other fans who just don't like adeles music. . AND LADY GAGA GETS LOADSSSS OF ABUSE ASWELL !!!!!!

people from every fan base attack her, basically because they are jealous that adele has sold more albums than anyone this year. i don't know why they are making it out like it's JUST gaga fans who do it.

Im not one of them crazy fans of GaGa, but i did make fun of her because of Adele's weight >;} (1Tweet)
She's had money for awhile, she should have lost that weight..

why would you tweet her abuse? does it make you feel better about yourself for attacking someone who is doing well?

sorrydude$
18-11-2011, 03:36 PM
why would you tweet her abuse? does it make you feel better about yourself for attacking someone who is doing well?

She is not doing well if she's overweight.

GirlNextDoor15
18-11-2011, 03:38 PM
ffs, don't buy it! they are just rumours made by useless and nonsensical people who literally have nothing in their mind. bleargh.

Andii
people from every fan base attack her, basically because they are jealous that adele has sold more albums than anyone this year. i don't know why they are making it out like it's JUST gaga fans who do it.

ino =/ and tbh the people that BLAME gaga are just as bad as talking crap about adele =/ as they are bascially bullying gaga

GirlNextDoor15

I think what Judas meant was her career and life. It's not like she got diabetes and so on. :)

sorrydude$
18-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Well I'm sorry.
I just don't like her, not because of her success. That's great she is doing good, and making songs from her life, one or many i recall of a man doing her wrong.. (although its her stupidity she stayed around for him to do her wrong)
I just don't like her. Immature way of saying it is "Everything about her is Ew."

Judas
18-11-2011, 03:51 PM

I mean in terms of her success... And yes, she is overweight but clearly it isn't THAT bad as it isn't damaging her health, otherwise I'm sure she would have done something about it.

ino =/ and tbh the people that BLAME gaga are just as bad as talking crap about adele =/ as they are bascially bullying gaga

Exactly, it's really hypocritical. It's like; "WHO ARE LADY GAGA FANS TO BULLY ADELE? THAT IS SO WRONG. LADY GAGA IS A TALENTLESS TRANNY ***** ANYWAY" ...... it's exactly the same thing.

Judas
18-11-2011, 04:06 PM
oh, and gaga addressed this issue when asked about it whilst in the UK this week

She said: "Anyone that would say anything negative about Adele, I wouldn't support.

"I haven't read anything specifically that was said but if anything was said, absolutely I wouldn't condone anything like that."

Lady Gaga opened Thursday night's Children In Need Rocks charity concert at Manchester's MEN Arena performing Born This Way, Edge Of Glory and Marry The Night.

The singer said she loves the cause and says it's similar to her own anti-bullying charity, which she launched earlier this year with her mother, Cynthia Germanotta.

'Mutual love'
She says that's another reason why she wouldn't want her fans, who she calls Little Monsters, writing abusive messages about Adele.

"I love her immensely," she said. "She's very sweet and we've exchanged a few emails about our mutual love for one another.

"I wish her all the best in her recovery for her vocals and I can't wait to hear her new music.

"She's an amazing success in the US and in the UK and it's wonderful to see such strong women thriving in pop music."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/15790410

Succubus
20-11-2011, 12:46 AM
Fanrival, Happens all the time.Although its still not nice.

Judas
27-11-2011, 11:57 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/458223122.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1322439203&Signature=L7IxCk7nJ1nsNfQLjYuXaRHXuZ4%3D

where's the article about katy perry fans then?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!