PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft - IOS

Zuth
19-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Not sure if anyone knows, but Minecraft Pocket Edition has been released on IOS,

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id479516143?mt=8

Has anyone got it yet? If so, is it any good?

Not too sure if I wona waste £5 on it :S

Thomas
19-11-2011, 07:24 PM
its rubbish, you can't:
craft
collect resources
no mobs
no night time

You basically place blocks and break blocks.

Zuth
19-11-2011, 07:42 PM
its rubbish, you can't:
craft
collect resources
no mobs
no night time

You basically place blocks and break blocks.

Wont be getting it then lol

Chippiewill
19-11-2011, 08:17 PM
It is currently creative only, it'll be slow development as it's from scratch and by one person who has to code it for both platforms and do things like cross-platform multiplayer.

However I expect that within time, perhaps within a year or so, survival mode will be added to the PE.

Stephen
19-11-2011, 08:18 PM
it's a completely different build, they can't just port over most of the pc minecraft features in the first version

Gotta remember what the pc version of minecraft was like when it first came out

Thomas
19-11-2011, 08:40 PM
it's a completely different build, they can't just port over most of the pc minecraft features in the first version

Gotta remember what the pc version of minecraft was like when it first came out
true. .

HotelUser
19-11-2011, 08:43 PM
For a company producing a game which has made them a vast amount of money, they sure do push out updates slowly on the PC version of Minecraft.

For the mobile version, for some reason they've neglected to implement multiplayer functionality. I don't think I'm going to download it because of that.

xxMATTGxx
19-11-2011, 09:15 PM
For a company producing a game which has made them a vast amount of money, they sure do push out updates slowly on the PC version of Minecraft.

You being serious.....

For the mobile version, for some reason they've neglected to implement multiplayer functionality. I don't think I'm going to download it because of that.

I'm pretty sure Minecraft for iOS and Android has multiplayer functionality and you can also play with your friends regardless of which platform they have.

HotelUser
19-11-2011, 09:23 PM
You being serious.....

I'm pretty sure Minecraft for iOS and Android has multiplayer functionality and you can also play with your friends regardless of which platform they have.

Apparently it does infact have multiplayer but I don't think it works with desktop users, in terms of playing online with desktop users, don't quote me on anything though :P

xxMATTGxx
19-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Apparently it does infact have multiplayer but I don't think it works with desktop users, in terms of playing online with desktop users, don't quote me on anything though :P

No It doesn't work online with the PC version but I wouldn't expect it to. But you can play with friends who have it on Android or iOS.

HotelUser
19-11-2011, 09:26 PM
[@]@xxmattgxx[/@] as neat as it is to be able to do that, it's still too bad they couldn't have worked out a fully compatible online technique so everyone could play with eachother

Zuth
19-11-2011, 09:39 PM
I might just wait a few more months then, not much point in me getting it just yet, I'll wait a little longer :P

xxMATTGxx
19-11-2011, 09:47 PM
[@]@xxmattgxx[/@] as neat as it is to be able to do that, it's still too bad they couldn't have worked out a fully compatible online technique so everyone could play with eachother

Suppose but I could see problems with that. Think it would be better to keep them separate for the time being.

HotelUser
19-11-2011, 09:56 PM
[@]@xxmattgxx[/@] Maybe that's why they've separated it then. -Shrugs- I imagine we will wait and see!

Chippiewill
19-11-2011, 10:49 PM
There are intense limitations on that, considering it's been redone from scratch, different sets of blocks, some blocks couldn't be ported due to hardware etc.

Minecraft: PE was never intended to be a portable replacement but a supplement when away from PC.

They can't just go round hiring more people considering they've only had one successful game. Yes, they have made a ton of money but it's not a reliable thing for long-term.

HotelUser
19-11-2011, 11:06 PM
There are intense limitations on that, considering it's been redone from scratch, different sets of blocks, some blocks couldn't be ported due to hardware etc.

Minecraft: PE was never intended to be a portable replacement but a supplement when away from PC.

They can't just go round hiring more people considering they've only had one successful game. Yes, they have made a ton of money but it's not a reliable thing for long-term.

But they wouldn't necessarily have to hire a long term new employee

Stephen
20-11-2011, 01:43 AM
Just had a run around on it and I think it's pretty good. I found the controls pretty easy to get used to and building was fun too :O

Also multiplayer is only local atm :(

Eoin247
20-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Might get itmyself, it will probably (at least i hope so) update to become more and more like the pc version in time.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!