PDA

View Full Version : Can I keep my old sim card with new phone?

Jssy
20-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Erm I'm just wondering, for christmas I'm getting another blackberry curve cos my other broke but I have an lg atm. You get a £10 top up with the mobile and my mum reckons the £10 will probs be already on the new sim you get with the phone, is there a way to keep my old sim card and will the £10 top up be on the new sim or will it be on a voucher or code etc. I've also heard something about were if you keep your old number Orange will give you another £10 for free, does anyone know anything about this? Reason I ask this today is because I'm allowed the new blackberry now since I'm pretty much phoneless atm:P

Edited by Skynus (Trialist Forum Moderator): Thread moved from 'Technology Discussion' to here as probably more suitable
Actually moved by Oleh (Forum Moderator): ^

beth
20-11-2011, 03:46 PM
depending on where yr buying the phone they can sort this for you. i think if its carphone warehouse its less free credit you get, like £7.50 or something if you transfer it onto an old sim rather than have it on the new sim.

it's best to go in store and ask all these questions as they can sort it on the spot.

(also make sure you've still got the right bb internet package on yr old sim if you've been using an LG or whatever, because yr BBM won't work and stuff without the edge internet)

Jssy
20-11-2011, 03:55 PM
I got it from tesco lmaoo and I never actually used the internet on my old blackberry so how do I set that up? :s

-ry!
20-11-2011, 04:04 PM
I think if you ring up orange, you would be able to have the same number and all the credit , i think!

Jssy
20-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Just rang them and they're gonna transfer my no. to the new sim :) My mum never asked how I set up my bbm etc tho :( it sayd edge in the right hand corner of my screen though

-ry!
21-11-2011, 05:58 PM
my bb always does that haha

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!