PDA

View Full Version : Siri

Mr-Trainor
20-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Is it just me or does Siri on the iPhone 4S seem to keep going down - since yesterday, and I'm in the UK.

Stephen!
20-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Siri hasn't been down for me since I got the 4s.

Recursion
20-11-2011, 11:56 PM
It's in BETA.

N!ck
21-11-2011, 12:22 AM
Typical woman.

9y
21-11-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm getting a 4s next week, UK. I can't wait to see how this pans out. It seems too good to be true tbh, like most features.

Recursion
21-11-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm getting a 4s next week, UK. I can't wait to see how this pans out. It seems too good to be true tbh, like most features.

Don't see why it's "too good to be true" many many phones have had voice recognition long before the iPhone, as with copy paste back when that was introduced.

9y
21-11-2011, 10:16 AM
I've used past versions of the iPhone with other voice recognition but they didnt seem to work as well as I expected. It might be a strong accent problem..

Jordy
21-11-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm getting a 4s next week, UK. I can't wait to see how this pans out. It seems too good to be true tbh, like most features.I think one day it'll be brilliant but right now it's not much of an advance on the previous iOS Voice Recognition. The integration with WolframAlpha is very good, I've been amazed by that site for years now and always used the app so integration into Siri gives it numerous opportunities.

It does however struggle with some silly things in the UK, "Whats the time?", "I dont know what the time is on x street" which is quite frankly ridiculous. I also keep training it my family members such as "Dad", "Mum" etc but its yet to remember them :/ Once the UK Siri is hooked up to Google Maps like the US one is it'll be far better, and then combined with it doing other apps too there's a world of possibility. I've used it to read and send the odd text whilst cycling and pick the odd song but that's about as far as it's usefulness goes (for now).

Mr-Trainor
21-11-2011, 03:44 PM
It's in BETA.
I know it's in BETA, I was just asking if it's down for anyone else because it's been up and down for me for the last three days.

Typical woman.
It's a man in the UK :P.

It does however struggle with some silly things in the UK, "Whats the time?", "I dont know what the time is on x street" which is quite frankly ridiculous. I also keep training it my family members such as "Dad", "Mum" etc but its yet to remember them :/ Once the UK Siri is hooked up to Google Maps like the US one is it'll be far better, and then combined with it doing other apps too there's a world of possibility. I've used it to read and send the odd text whilst cycling and pick the odd song but that's about as far as it's usefulness goes (for now).
Yea that thing where it saysI dont know what the time is on x street is annoying lol, it'll definitely be much better when it's connected to Google Maps and other apps, like you said :D. As for the relationships, it worked fine for me :S. Try saying 'call me x' and see if it remembers that. If not, maybe disable Siri and then enable it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!