PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want a server for FREE?!?!?!!?!??!!

Ardemax
21-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Not a mis-leading title at all...

Basically I bought a minecraft server and for the first month it was wiiiiiiiiiiiiicked. Then I had school. Exams suck peoples.

There's now this server with up to 32 players capacity, Towny installed, PEX installed, anti rain installed, anti tnt installed, essentials, iconomy, anti creeper explosions etc.

I'm wondering, is anyone interested in running this server?

Myself and Tom had made the tutorial part and started off Towny so it's configured but we needed someone to be incharge of it, or a team of admins.

If you're interested in helping out in anyway, reply to this and you can get cracking!

Server address to check out: mc.dembaland.com if you would like to check it out!

Zuth
21-11-2011, 08:34 PM
I dont want it but I can tell you that ALOT of work went into this server, I did help and so did many others! So good luck to who ever gets it :)

Eoin247
21-11-2011, 11:06 PM
I've ran a small server before so if anybody would like to share the work with me i wouldn't mind helping out with running it.

Are there many current active users using it?

Thomas
22-11-2011, 07:25 AM
I've ran a small server before so if anybody would like to share the work with me i wouldn't mind helping out with running it.

it wasn't even open when i left, not sure about now.

Ardemax
22-11-2011, 04:09 PM

People gave up on it, so nope.

It is literally a 32 player slot server, a few plugins, a few buildings and a tutorial island, for someone to pick up and manage, do what they like with and grow a fan base.

Delimed
22-11-2011, 08:32 PM
I would have it :)

Ardemax
23-11-2011, 08:43 PM
I would have it :)

Sure thing.

If your up for it I can give you perms whenever, do you want to choose some other peeps to help out?

Delimed
24-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Sure thing.

If your up for it I can give you perms whenever, do you want to choose some other peeps to help out?

Yeah mate, talk over PM :)

Stephen
24-11-2011, 05:19 PM
lol you're giving it to ben

Delimed
24-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Why not me?

Matthew
24-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Why not me?

Do you realise how much work it can take to keep something like this going?

Also how techy are you? :P

lTraditional
24-11-2011, 06:40 PM
It takes a lot of work, I managed to keep mine open about 6 months before selling it (got a big offer) but I had like 30 active peeps a day. Good luck running it, you'll need it!!

Delimed
24-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Well it's just a matter of starting it and playing it, lol

Matthew
24-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Well it's just a matter of starting it and playing it, lol

No it isn't?

You need to get it running.
You need to get active users.
You need to keep the active users.
If something breaks you need to fix it quickly, else people may decide to leave.
You constantly need to update the mods as the game updates, or find new mods to improve the gameplay.
You will need to be active on the server itself, and sort out problems on the server (such as disputes, or handing out 'plot perms' to people which can take a long time if theres a lot of people to get through)

Its not just starting and playing it, its a lot of work, and you do need to be quite advanced in using computers I assume?

Meh, my friend owns a server and when he isn't doing homework, he is fixing the server, or is on the server seeing to people's needs. Its a lot of work.

Delimed
24-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Well I only want the server for me and a few friends to play on/

Ardemax
24-11-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm hoping to give the server to a group of people, I will still be able to update it and the mods if you want, I just want people to go on there and play minecraft haha.

Imosae
24-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Well I only want the server for me and a few friends to play on/

God! It's not there to 'play on' as you like put it, like Matts said you need to be a technical guy who knows what there is doing such as fixing problems and to me and not to sound rude here you sound totally disinterested who doesn't know what there doing and just replied and wanted it for the fun of it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!