PDA

View Full Version : Magical?

sophiethenerd
24-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Question is in the title, do you find Christmas as Magical as you used to?

I find Christmas Eve more magical nowdays, the anticipation, the lights, the last minuite preparations.
Christmas starts of like that but the magic of the actuall day has faded for me.

There are however, certain things that make me feel Christmasy, This film called Blue Toes,The coke advert and Christmas lights.

For me though, nothing can ever fully recreate that magical feeling I had as a child.

Red
24-11-2011, 10:01 PM
nope. completley lost the magic for me. I think its cause im older though and always stressed around christmas. I have exams and essays to do so its like :lI find christmas and new years abit depressing as well since my granny died in 06. That year my mum didn't even put our tree up till like christmas eve.Christmas is about spending time with your loved onesand its not really the same if they arn't there.

beth
24-11-2011, 10:06 PM
nope. get bored by about 11am on christmas day. not the same since my mom left either and it's just a reminder (to me) of who's not there celebrating with you.

Stephen
24-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Only things different on xmas since I was little is less presents and my great nan died. Other than that it's pretty much the same :D

Although it's less exciting cos you're older but I still love xmasssssssssss

Jurv
24-11-2011, 10:20 PM
I wouldn't of said that all the magic has been lost for me, some of it's gone though. In my family I think I'm the only one who is really eager to get the decorations up and start buying presents for everyone, for everyone else before December it's something they don't really look forward too. I think one of the main reasons of why some of the magic has been lost for me is due to my little sister growing up and going into high school, because she doesn't believe in Santa anymore we don't tend to leave out anything out on Christmas Eve. :(

Rozi
24-11-2011, 10:21 PM
past the age of 10 I used to really dislike it because I feel my dad's side of the family are quite judgemental and always held me in a lower view as I grew up because my Dad is a bit of the black sheep of the fam, and they never really liked my mum or approved of their relationship. however as I've got older and less gawky I've realised that they kinda need to get over themselves and along with me having lots of little second cousins now it's a happier time and more christmassy as a group of adults sitting around isn't really fun. it's also a bit of a sad time for my dad's fam though because I had a little baby second cousin who died on boxing day because she was so premature. my granny also died this week so and I cant really imagine what christmas will be like without her. we always had to try to be so proper and sit on the sofa and talk to her and help her cut up her food and watch the queens speech for her :( so don't think this year will be very happy.

christmas is nice on my mum's side though because we're quite close but it's literally me, my mum, my brother, my uncle and my granny so it doesn't feel quite so 'proper' because we're such a small fam.

Jordan
24-11-2011, 10:38 PM
I still find it quite an exciting time of the year even though santa is real!!! It's nice because I see some family that I don't see for a while and the decorations and songs are fun to listen/look at!

Sloths
24-11-2011, 11:06 PM
It's not the age thing that's made it loose it's magic, cuz quite frankly I love Christmas and have Christmas songs playing already :P But ever since I moved to New Zealand having Christmas in the summer isn't the same as the rain and crappy weather you get in England and the darkness of Christmas eve at 6pm, quite different to it still being light at 11pm and meaning there's no point to Christmas lights. Yeah it's different having Christmas on the beach but that's not what makes it magical for me, although the cola advert does help :P
First thing on my bucket list: To go back and celebrate Christmas in England again...

MKR&*42
24-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Na, I'm more of 'the Grinch' when it comes to Christmas.

It's not because I found out Santa wasn't real yearss ago, it's just the fact that's it very boring for me. I don't want stuff for Christmas, and I don't celebrate it a lot - so I don't get hyped up about it.

EliteYoshi22
25-11-2011, 12:09 AM
When everyone in my family is an adult, we tend to be slack and just go at it as it comes

Recursion
25-11-2011, 08:28 AM
I still find it 'magical', just not in the same way as when I was younger. Now it's all about the spirit and seeing relatives, corny christmas TV and fantastic food/alcohol :P

geo
25-11-2011, 04:57 PM
I haven't lost the magic at all really. I still get really hyped for Christmas, it brings my family together and we usually all just have a fabulous time for a day. I think it's the best time of the year and I love it so much! :D

dogboy123
25-11-2011, 05:10 PM
I loved it when Christmas was special and magical with santa, it was the funnest time of the year knowing in the morning when you get u you'll have lots of new stuff. Now I think its still the best time of the year but now you know who gets the presents its not as special as it was

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!