PDA

View Full Version : Does Obama deserve a second term?

GirlNextDoor15
25-11-2011, 06:55 AM
US President Barack Obama was electedon November 4th, 2008, and will seek reelection on November 7th, 2012. However, the most important question is whether he deserves a reelection. I will name out a few pros and cons when it comes to this debate topic.

Pros:
1. Obama is not to blame for the economic crisis.
2. Obama has successfully executed the War on Terror
3. Obama is a leader of freedom around the world
4. Obama has taken major steps to fight climate change.
5. Led repeal of 'don't ask don't tell' military policy.

Cons (which include harsh criticisms from different sides):
1. Obama has failed to grow the economy

How The U.S. Is Quickly Becoming A Third World Country:

The United States is increasingly similar to a 3rd world county in several ways and is accelerating towards 3rd world status. Economic data indicate a harsh reality that obviates mainstream political debate. The evidence suggests that, without fundamental reforms, the U.S. will become a post industrial neo-3rd-world country by 2032.
Fundamental characteristics that define a 3rd world country include high unemployment, lack of economic opportunity, low wages, widespread poverty, extreme concentration of wealth, unsustainable government debt, control of the government by international banks and multinational corporations, weak rule of law and counterproductive government policies. All of these characteristics are evident in the U.S. today.

Other factors include poor public health, nutrition and education, as well as lack of infrastructure. Public health and nutrition in the U.S., while below European standards, stand well above those of 3rd world countries. American public education now ranks behind poorer countries, like Estonia, but remains superior to that of 3rd world countries. While crumbling infrastructure can be seen in cities across America, the vast infrastructure of the United States cannot be compared to a 3rd world country. However, all of these factors will rapidly deteriorate in a declining economy.

2. Obama has changed America, for the worse.
3. Obama is wrongly trying to change America.

Have fun :)

dbgtz
25-11-2011, 08:00 PM
At the pros, 1 - He did not exactly help with it much by increasing US spending like mad, 2 - Not really, terrorism is still out there, all that's happened is that Osama is dead and that's just coincidence with him being in power, 3 - I see him do nothing, in my eyes he's just seen to be like that due to him being the first Black president of the USA, what has he actually done?, 4 - can be argued climate change is natural and no matter what we do it will always happen, 5 - whilst good, it is probably just to get homosexuals to vote for him next year. I think he's done a pretty terrible job to be honest, I think he just thinks he can do what he want as the USA is big, but it will bite him on the ass one day.

Sharon
25-11-2011, 08:39 PM
I don't get anything political but I know he should, I just don't know why. We had to watch him doing his campaign speeches in English and even if I didn't get any of it, IT WAS POWERFUL!

-:Undertaker:-
25-11-2011, 08:55 PM
No, he is the same as George W. Bush just as the majority of the Republican candidates are the same as Barack Obama (well, except for one).

http://www.iaza.com/work/111126C/iaza13186130110400.bmp
From left to right: Barack Obama, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Rick Perry, Herman Cain.

I have to say, if the comparisons with the demise of the British Empire in regards to the United States today grow stronger everyday.

Narnat,
25-11-2011, 11:39 PM
I don't get anything political but I know he should, I just don't know why. We had to watch him doing his campaign speeches in English and even if I didn't get any of it, IT WAS POWERFUL!

I agree ^.^ I must admit I do like him.

GirlNextDoor15
26-11-2011, 02:07 AM
Agreed with [@]@dbgtz[/@]
Barack Obama is just doing what a President should do in order to win votes as the election is just around the corner. So far, I've seen nothing outstanding that he did for America.

toribbz
27-11-2011, 03:22 AM
i think obama has done almost nothing good for this country. he knows how to campaign but can't figure out what to do in the white house 8)

Ardemax
02-12-2011, 05:59 PM
I think his approval rating is 43% atm, lower than the same time with Nixon...

I don't know why, I like him, he understands the working class American because, he came from a working class environment and background.

I think most of the "important" American's in politics these days are too "everybody for themselves" and don't agree with things like a national health service or services that help those in need.

I think if Obama was to stay in for another term, he'd certainly have to do something about the poverty in America...

Kyle
02-12-2011, 06:13 PM
hitler was a powerful speaker too...

nope he has done bugger all let ron paul have a go

03-12-2011, 12:44 AM
I think his approval rating is 43% atm, lower than the same time with Nixon...

I don't know why, I like him, he understands the working class American because, he came from a working class environment and background.

I think most of the "important" American's in politics these days are too "everybody for themselves" and don't agree with things like a national health service or services that help those in need.

I think if Obama was to stay in for another term, he'd certainly have to do something about the poverty in America...

America has a de facto nationalised healthcare system, and like ours, it sucks. As for 'understanding the working class' ah right, so thats why he sends all the children of the working class into foreign wars? Come on now, he's exactly the same as Bush on almost every policy and yet I somehow doubt you were defending Bush a few years back.

Concerning his 'speaking skills' i'd advise anybody who states that to type in 'Obama without telepromptor' on YouTube.

twinart
03-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Obviously. He is quite polite.

GirlNextDoor15
03-12-2011, 02:37 PM

Politeness doesn't mean that he can be a country leader. What is the most important is how he runs the country. Not some sorta politeness in a speech.

Sharon
03-12-2011, 08:34 PM

you don't have to be polite to be powerful...

Shox
04-12-2011, 05:57 AM
My personal opinion is though he can be blamed for the economic crisis, he hasn't done **** that he claimed he would. The unemployment rate has stayed almost the same, I think it has even dipped a bit lower this year.

^ You can be extremely blunt and still be powerful

04-12-2011, 05:32 PM
My personal opinion is though he can be blamed for the economic crisis, he hasn't done **** that he claimed he would. The unemployment rate has stayed almost the same, I think it has even dipped a bit lower this year.

^ You can be extremely blunt and still be powerful

Partly correct concerning the crisis, the Federal Reserve which he [Obama] supports is to blame for that.

Thats why we need to.... END THE FED (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_the_Fed).

Eoin247
08-12-2011, 04:47 PM

A powerful speech does not equal a great leader. He made a great speech in Dublin when he visited, but it had nothing to do with his work as a president or his policies. He has still failed to cut US spending sufficiently and unless he is prepared to do that quickly he shouldn't get a second term.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!