PDA

View Full Version : Version Six - Habtastic!

smithy1997
27-11-2011, 11:36 AM
A little bit about Habtastic...

Habtastic is a Habbo UK fansite. Habtastic is currently unofficial. However we do hope to become official in the future, so tell your friends about us and help to make us more popular.We provide information about Habbo with our guides and also, we have a forum, the heart of our community. Habtastic was first launched on 10/02/2010. Habtastic is owned by.:.:V.i.r.u.s:.:. (Shane) and assisted by two site managers smithy1997 (Ben)and RoughSniper94 (Dan).

Now to the point, This fabulous new skin brings a number of new features, including:

Newly designed forum skin
New colour scheme for the entire forum
Brand new features box that now rotates between the active features
New Habtastic logo and slogan
Newly designed navigation bar

This funky navigation bar now appears at the side of your screen
Newly designed icons and buttons
Hover over the icons to see what it's for
You can minimise/expand the navigation bar using the little arrow at the bottom of the navigation bar area
You can drag the navigation bar anywhere on your screen by dragging from the "Navigation" box at the top of the navigation bar

New log in box that pops up automatically when you're not logged in

Features a nice clear and big "register" button that makes it easy for new visitors to see and find
You can minimise the box so you can browse the forums before logging in

**Note that the popup will continue to pop up until you log in
When minimised the popup box is replaced by two buttons at the bottom of the screen

Those are the main features of the skin so far.

We've now opened our feedback poll, so if you have any improvements please care to submit them in our V6 Feedback form.

In addition to the new Version, we are also on the look out for staff.

Graphics Manager
Graphics Staff
Events Manager
Events Staff
Community Asst. Manager (will be promoted)
Community Staff
HTHD Asst. Manager (will be promoted)
HTHD Staff
So, head over to our forum by clicking here. (http://www.habtastic.com/forum)
Or, head straight over to our Job Applications page by clicking here. (http://www.habtastic.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?64-Job-Applications)

Mark
27-11-2011, 02:04 PM
The layout looks very similar to a free one but adapted, apart from that it looks good! Do you have a main site or is it all about the Forum?

smithy1997
27-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Hey mark,

Our site is on its way, we decided to make it fairly unique to other main sites.
Our new layout was made from scratch, not from a free layout etc, all designed and coded by ourselves.

Care to register on our forum if you'd like :)

Qzaki
30-11-2011, 05:18 AM
Everything looks very nice minus the skin; its a bit basic and like the above said it does look like a free one :)

Like the scripts however

Nick
30-11-2011, 09:02 AM
It looks good. I love the little banner slider in the corner. Good luck with it. Ill look around the forum :P

Plucked
30-11-2011, 01:36 PM
I wish you the best of luck with this website, and hope you succeed!

smithy1997
02-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the comments, keep them coming!

Our HTHD Applications are back Open.

Community Asst. Manager (will be promoted)
Community Staff

That part was incorrect as it's meant to be Competitions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

ALSO, we have our Christmas skin coming shortly, be sure to register to find out more, like us on facebook and follow us on twitter :)

lolwut
02-12-2011, 03:04 PM
I really don't like the huge pop-up box telling me to register. I felt like you were pressuring me to register before I'd even had a chance to look at your site. The huge green Register button threw me a bit. The Register & Login buttons constantly at the bottom of my screen were far less obtrusive. I'd suggest you removed the pop-up, or at least made it more subtle.

I hate to say this but what does your fansite offer in order to make it a competitor to Habbo fansites? Anyone can buy a vBulletin license and skin it to look unique, but you need something to make you stand out from the crowd. What do you have to offer that HabboxForum, ClubHabboForum, HabboDiscussion or one of the countless other forums don't offer?

My advice to you is this:
1) Work on a large volume of content to attract users
2) If all you offer is a forum, make it stand out from the rest
3) If you choose to offer a website as well (which you should) make sure that too has something to make it stand out

My apologies if this seems rude, I just feel like you need someone to be realistic.

smithy1997
02-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Thanks for that advice, no need to be sorry about that.

We are considering your ideas etc, keep the replies coming in!

Qzaki
03-12-2011, 01:38 AM
As lolwut said above.. Without originality a fan site will fail especially a forum. Someone isn't going to want to go to a forum with 100 members that offers the same as a forum that offers that with 10,000 members

Good luck with it all :)

smithy1997
03-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Hmm, any ideas on what we can offer that others don't?

Keep the comments coming in! And don't forget to register today click here (http://www.habtastic.com/forum)

smithy1997
09-12-2011, 07:42 PM
!!BUMP!!
Edited by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not pointlessly bump threads with no additional information

peteyt
09-12-2011, 11:37 PM
The problem is that everything has been done before. Like they say, there's no more original films, just newmodernisations and so on. I think the problem is its just a forum, and most forums look the same, because basically they are the same just designed slightly different. I find it hard to really judge a forum by designs when comparing it to a main website.

But the main thing is content - if you can get stuff like far more information, guides, help, advice onto your site and forum it might stand a better chance because people would have something to actually go on to read.

Also I didn't mind the register pop up as much when I first loaded the site but when it came up each time when visiting a new page, thread etc it did start to get forceful

smithy1997
10-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Hmm, well we are finding a script for that.

We're close to closing at the moment though :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!