PDA

View Full Version : What Instrument Do You Play???

Andii
27-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Just wondering if anyone can play any instruments??? also How do you play??

I can play Keyboard and Piano (easy enough lol) and I can play by ear . . i just simply listen and then start trying to play ;) can't read notes at all =[ and im Grade 5 piano lol

Neil
27-11-2011, 03:20 PM
I can play a bit of guitar and bass, a small bit of drums, I have mostly theory of drums more than actually playing them though, I have never owned a kit so I never have a chance to practice, I used to play violin but I haven't in a few years so I'm probably quite rusty at it, I used to have a keyboard but I never really got into playing it, has been something I've wanted to learn though.

Jordan
27-11-2011, 05:26 PM
I use to play the piano probably crap now lol :L

:odey:
27-11-2011, 06:14 PM
I used to play the Keyboard / Piano at primary, but I gave it up, and I really wish I hadn't, because I'm terrible now and I can't remember anything I try and learn...

I'm also shocking at reading notes while playing, but I can read notes, and then write down what they are.. :P

I play better that way :P

Rainbow
27-11-2011, 06:15 PM
I play the piano and the guitar a bit :D

geo
27-11-2011, 06:17 PM
I can kinda play piano and guitar, I think. It's been a long time, I've always wanted to properly learn how to play guitar. :(

Judas
27-11-2011, 07:33 PM
How can you be Grade 5 piano and not be able to read music?

Anyway I play piano, guitar and pretty basic drums. And I sing, if we're counting that.

Hollie
27-11-2011, 09:50 PM
I can kinda play keyboard but I do it by ear :p Never really tried to play much else

Jurv
27-11-2011, 09:57 PM
I used to play the French Horn in primary school and gave it up as I went to secondary school.

I'm going to be learning how to play the Ukulele at Christmas though. :)

scott
27-11-2011, 10:04 PM
I can play the Guitar, Keyboard, Piano and ofc the best...Recorder :dance:

Alex3213
27-11-2011, 10:08 PM

Anyway I play piano, guitar and pretty basic drums. And I sing, if we're counting that.

I was thinking this!

Flute is my first instrument, piano my second, and know how to play the basics of some instruments such as clarinet, sax, a bit of trumpet (although that kills me) and a few others.

Andii
27-11-2011, 10:39 PM

lol because i skipped grade 4 because i was pro ;) but then i just remembered the way the tune goes by playing it over and over like a million times :) so i just memorised them for my exam :)

Judas
27-11-2011, 11:55 PM
lol because i skipped grade 4 because i was pro ;) but then i just remembered the way the tune goes by playing it over and over like a million times :) so i just memorised them for my exam :)

oh i see

but how did you know what the song sounded like in the first place

EliteYoshi22
28-11-2011, 12:45 AM
Played the guitar. Was simple to read notes and was alot of fun

GirlNextDoor15
28-11-2011, 01:21 AM
I've played piano and keyboard (or electone that's what I call it) since 10 years ago. I'm on the teacher's grade. So, [@]@22andy223[/@] if you need anybody to teach you to read the notes, I can teach you that. It's pretty simple.

Eric
28-11-2011, 02:12 AM
I play the electone, something like a keyboard but there's 2 keyboards , 1 expression pedal and another pedal. I've passed all the grades and they asked me to enter teachers grade but i ended my lessons due to my leg twitching problem :( I can play piano too :P

Andii
28-11-2011, 09:49 AM
oh i see

but how did you know what the song sounded like in the first place

cause my music teacher played the whole book then I would choose 3 songs which I wanted to learn and then she would play them usually every week again and hand me a CD with them on it :)
Trinity Guidhall ftw !!

beth
28-11-2011, 10:06 AM
hahaha i can play the recorder like a pro.

i used to play the cello and the clarinet and my momma taught me to read music from a very young age.

FiftyCal
28-11-2011, 10:44 AM
i play drums and bass. I'm not the best drummer in the world, but name me a song and i'll learn the whole song on drums after i hear it once. Bass, i'm wanting to learn because Metallica's old bassist Cliff Burton inspired me to get on it with the distortion and all of that funky wah wah.

Elegance
28-11-2011, 12:45 PM
i used to play loads of piano&keyboard but i've stopped and now i play a little ukulele and a bunch of guitar :)

Eoin247
28-11-2011, 01:02 PM
I've played the violin since i was small. Also played the piano for a few years.

piano= extremely easy instrument to play :P

Andii
28-11-2011, 01:29 PM
I've played the violin since i was small. Also played the piano for a few years.

piano= extremely easy instrument to play :P

they aren't irish instruments :O :O what are you playing at man lol jks. .

piano is really easy to play lol it's just after a while when it get's harder with fingering positions and stuff lol
(waits for [@]@eoin247[/@] s dirty mind to kick in)

Eoin247
28-11-2011, 05:54 PM
they aren't irish instruments :O :O what are you playing at man lol jks. .

piano is really easy to play lol it's just after a while when it get's harder with fingering positions and stuff lol
(waits for [@]@eoin247[/@] s dirty mind to kick in)

Ok then :P

That's what she said!

BOOMitsGINA
29-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Lol well since I'm from Scotland... I play bagpipes xDD (Or pipes as I call them) Yeahh they are hard to learn.
I can play a little bit of piano and guitar.

jessieex
29-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Keyyboardd/piano;3

Circadia
29-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Erm I play the Flute primarily! Hi5 [@]@competitions [/@];) erm been playing it for in total 4 years but i had a 2 year break in the middle so I'm not at any grade :') I can play a bit of piano and keyboard erm like 1 song on guitar thats about it :L OH and i can play the recorder like a boss ;)

IceNineKills
05-12-2011, 12:14 AM
i play drums and bass. I'm not the best drummer in the world, but name me a song and i'll learn the whole song on drums after i hear it once. Bass, i'm wanting to learn because Metallica's old bassist Cliff Burton inspired me to get on it with the distortion and all of that funky wah wah.
I highly doubt you can play any song on drums after just one listen of the song. I don't think anyone can unless it's a piss easy song.

I've been playing drums for almost 9 years now, I've been in a few bands in my time, played many shows, I have supported Ghosts Of A Thousand before in the past in our hometown, Brighton but these days I just mess about and learn covers.

FiftyCal
05-12-2011, 12:26 AM
Really? I'm talking about Metallica covers and such, they're pretty easy... If you doubt me, that's fine i'll respect that.
I learn by ear very quickly. Listen to the song once or twice and listen to the drum beats and memorize it, and then play the full song. I've done this a lot. It's not going to be Guitar Hero perfect where all the notes are going to be spot on, but it's pretty close.

twinart
05-12-2011, 12:40 AM
I play guitar, but I'm not too good xD

Sloths
05-12-2011, 01:41 AM
Clarinet in primary school, passed grade 1 then gave up.
Piano/keyboard in secondary, have also given that up and can pretty much only play the harry potter theme tune and friends theme tune now.

I have to wanted to learn to play the guitar and uke but our guitar needs tuning and am using that as an excuse to procrastinate :P

Andii
07-12-2011, 09:48 AM
oo nicee lol. . i see we have a few musical people :) :) lets make a habbox band :)

Eric
07-12-2011, 10:59 AM
oo nicee lol. . i see we have a few musical people :) :) lets make a habbox band :)

Sounds great. LOOOOOOL

Racheel
07-12-2011, 11:05 AM
I used to play keyboard.. Had a teacher in school then when he left I taught myself for a while. Can play a bit of drums too but would love to be able to play the bass!

Lamz
08-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Piano
Keyboard
Drums

GeorginaxD
08-12-2011, 11:19 PM
I play the piano / keyboard.

MrMonkeyDeamon
10-12-2011, 05:47 AM
i did play a guitar for 3 mounths

orientalframe?
10-12-2011, 09:11 AM
I used to play the clarinet in primary school, and a couple of years ago I used to play the piano :P

FiftyCal
12-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Definitely the cow bell

AddictedToHTID
13-12-2011, 05:42 PM
computer/keyboard

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!