PDA

View Full Version : Anything other than Christmas?

sorrydude$
29-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Anyone on here celebrate Hanukah or Kwanzaa, or some other sort of holiday, or maybe nothing at all?
I Celebrate Hanukah with my mother until Christmas, then off to my Daddy's family :)

geo
29-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Nah, I just celebrate Christmas! Meh, didn't know there was much more you could celebrate. My bad. :P

Technologic
29-11-2011, 03:42 PM
I think it's a shame other festivities around this time aren't celebrated more or given more time in the light

Neversoft
29-11-2011, 03:42 PM
I celebrate the joy of life.

MKR&*42
29-11-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't really get hyped over Christmas either so meh. Na, I don't celebrate any other holidays.

I'm not even sure what Kwanzaa is ;( -googles-

orientalframe?
29-11-2011, 04:20 PM
I dont celebrate any other holidays! Not sure what a Kwanzaa is either :S

sorrydude$
29-11-2011, 04:26 PM
I think it's a shame other festivities around this time aren't celebrated more or given more time in the light

Yeah, No Hanukah Discusion forum ;(

theskyisblue
29-11-2011, 04:29 PM
now im older i probz dont get hyped up about xmas seriously im not excited at all...last xmas it was just another day but with presents

sorrydude$
29-11-2011, 04:30 PM
now im older i probz dont get hyped up about xmas seriously im not excited at all...last xmas it was just another day but with presents

Ain't it amazing how we used to be on christmas, and now :s

Neversoft
29-11-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm old and Christmas is still the best thing ever. Getting older is no reason to stop enjoying things.

It says on your profile you're 14. You must be the grumpiest kid ever to not be excited about Christmas.

sorrydude$
29-11-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm old and Christmas is still the best thing ever. Getting older is no reason to stop enjoying things.

It says on your profile you're 14. You must be the grumpiest kid ever to not be excited about Christmas.

It's just another day with presents.. :p

theskyisblue
29-11-2011, 05:41 PM

IKR grumpiest kid ever :L seriously i dunno whats up with me :/ not really in the xmas mood :L

beth
29-11-2011, 05:49 PM
it's my sisters birthday on xmas day so we celebrate that too!! haha

Zahura
29-11-2011, 05:53 PM
I love christmas, was better when i believed in santa ;[

Rozi
29-11-2011, 05:55 PM
two of my friends celebrate hannukah and christmas so we're gonna have a christmukah party if that counts

buttons
29-11-2011, 07:53 PM
I celebrate the joy of life.
^^^ this

GommeInc
29-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Some are a bit odd about sharing the celebrations with those who do not follow their faith, but I do agree with this. It would be nice to see a mix of different activities and events going on, but at the end of the day Christmas has seperated itself from being a Christian event to being all about buying gifts for others, receiving them and eating a meal. The Christian celebration is none existent, unless you walk into a church each Sunday of advent :P

Sharon
29-11-2011, 09:39 PM
chinese new year oh and the moon thing, we don't really go all out for the moon thing though it's just like "oh sharon the moon is gonna be full tonight" (wait that is what the moon thing is right?) and i just go oh cool right then. we also buy moon cakes but like i don't ever want to try one so its kk. chinese new yr is a big one for us tho we have to go have a massive fam meal and get money

in come the asians. seriously what is the moon thing though i don't even know myself.

Eric
29-11-2011, 11:34 PM
chinese new year oh and the moon thing, we don't really go all out for the moon thing though it's just like "oh sharon the moon is gonna be full tonight" (wait that is what the moon thing is right?) and i just go oh cool right then. we also buy moon cakes but like i don't ever want to try one so its kk. chinese new yr is a big one for us tho we have to go have a massive fam meal and get money

in come the asians. seriously what is the moon thing though i don't even know myself.

If i'm not wrong you're talking about The Mid-Autumn Festival. We eat mooncakes, light up some sky lanterns and stuffs.

I celebrate Chinese New Year and etc.

GirlNextDoor15
30-11-2011, 09:01 AM

Omg Shaz! I celebrate those two too! I loveeeee mooncake festival. It's basically about a couple whom the female was a fairy on heaven and the male was a normal human on earth. Then, they went through a lot of obstacles to stay together. They both loved each other very much and in the end, the female died after being punished for loving a man. Sounds like Romeo and Juliet but hey! That's the legend and reason behind Mooncake Festival. :'(

Robi
30-11-2011, 11:51 AM
I don't celebrate anything apart from Christmas which makes me feel bad! I also don't get as excited about Christmas anymore. My mum keeps pestering me for present ideas to buy me, when I was 14 I would be like "oh I want this, this, this oh and this!" now I haven't a clue.. :(

toribbz
30-11-2011, 01:05 PM
only christmas. isnt kwanza a holiday for black people? i have no idea.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!