PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Macbook

Mikey
03-12-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm thinking about getting a macbook next year for like general use e.g web browsers, msn, skype and college stuff e.g powerpoints, word processing. Is it worth it what are the big differences between macs and pc? Is there any advantages or disadvantages? What type should I get?

-ry!
03-12-2011, 10:06 PM
i want one.. they look sleek!! plus they've got imovie on what you can make really good habbo videos on!!!!! [@]@kirst[/@] has one

Red
03-12-2011, 10:19 PM
When I got mine few years ago, I didn't really want to change but I didn't see any others I really liked but I am so glad I did and honestly would never go back to pc now. I thought I would have problems with transferring work to and from pc but I have microsoft office for mac and its practically the same. Only thing I really miss is msn. Mac one isn't as good and I tend to use ebuddy.

HotelUser
03-12-2011, 11:39 PM
There's great Windows laptops and Macbooks are also great. They have beautiful battery life, a huge and very cool trackpad with multitouch and touch gestures, the DPI on their screens is huge which makes everything crystal clear and of course most are very portable.

I'm considering a laptop for University at the moment as opposed to just running with my iPad 1, and if I do I'll probably end up buying a Macbook, because Ultrabooks are too expensive right now, and I can't find anything else with as good battery life and that's as small, and that has an SSD option.

Recursion
04-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Go and try one out in a shop first. I have a MacBook and it spends most of it's time running Windows 7 nowadays.

GirlNextDoor15
04-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Macbook looks pretty cool. I tried it out in a shop a few days ago and ended up purchasing an IPad for my brother. Well, the battery life is not as good as you think it is. Every time you charge it, the life will decrease. So, you might as well only charge it when it's really out of battery.

twinart
04-12-2011, 11:23 AM
I love Mac but I don't even have one. Macbook Pro FTW!

iBlueBox
04-12-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm thinking about getting a macbook next year for like general use e.g web browsers, msn, skype and college stuff e.g powerpoints, word processing. Is it worth it what are the big differences between macs and pc? Is there any advantages or disadvantages? What type should I get?

What Macbook?

A Macbook Air

or

A Macbook Pro.

cocaine
04-12-2011, 01:32 PM
you can get a better laptop for about half the price. my acer laptop has 8 hours battery life and has basically all the same multi-feature trackpad features as the macbook does (if they're stolen, idc). i'd advise you to shop around. yeah macbooks are cool but think about when the novelty's worn off and you check your bank balance haha

:Markster:
04-12-2011, 09:12 PM
I would agree with cocaine. The Macs do look nice but they are far too overpriced in my opinion. Like HotelUser said, you will probably be ending up running Win7 on it. Again the question rises: what do you want to use it for specifically; do you want to play games on it? If so i suggest getting a PC, better machine for the same price. If you just want to use it for work and browsing and your wallet won't hate you for buying one, go for the Macbook.

Shox
04-12-2011, 10:08 PM
I'm considering a macbook for college as well. Specs are a turn off, 1,000+ dollars for a laptop that is slower than my desktop I got 3 years ago is not cool ;) specially' considering the fact I'm gonna' end up running windows on it.

GoldenMerc
05-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Im defiantly considering a macbook at the moment, bringing me in :P

HotelUser
05-12-2011, 12:36 PM
I would agree with cocaine. The Macs do look nice but they are far too overpriced in my opinion. Like HotelUser said, you will probably be ending up running Win7 on it. Again the question rises: what do you want to use it for specifically; do you want to play games on it? If so i suggest getting a PC, better machine for the same price. If you just want to use it for work and browsing and your wallet won't hate you for buying one, go for the Macbook.

I did not say this. The biggest bonus of getting a Macbook for me would be having OS X :)

iBlueBox
05-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Apple don't even sell the plane old MacBooks anymore. That died a few months ago. Only the Air and Pro now.

Metric1
05-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Just ordered a new one!!!!!!

HotelUser
06-12-2011, 04:01 AM
Apple don't even sell the plane old MacBooks anymore. That died a few months ago. Only the Air and Pro now.

I might be mistaken here but I believe they axed the normal line, then reduced the prices in the pros so the end user was then getting a better machine with their pro, for the same or around the same price as traditional macbooks.

:Markster:
06-12-2011, 03:36 PM
I did not say this. The biggest bonus of getting a Macbook for me would be having OS X :)
Oops sorry, my bad apparently i'm going blind amongst other things... As Recursion said, you will probably end up running win7 in that case. :D

HotelUser
06-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Oops sorry, my bad apparently i'm going blind amongst other things... As Recursion said, you will probably end up running win7 in that case. :D

In regards to probably having to run Windows 7 I don't think that's true at all. If he's a gamer he should stick to Windows, but if that's not the case OS X will be perfectly fine ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!