PDA

View Full Version : What else

Casio
05-12-2011, 05:03 PM
I am currently in the making of a website for someone, I think I have nearon finished, but I am wondering if anyone thinks there could be any finishing touches.

I am going to be changing the four images on the slider and the one below that, other then that, I am done.

http://www.dj-moore.co.uk/nikki (http://www.dj-moore.co.uk/nikki/index.html)

Repair
05-12-2011, 05:08 PM
I like the concept however I don't like the background, just completely draws my eyes away from the actually site. Also not sure on the DJ MOORE font. Other than that it looks nice. Well done!

--------------------

Just realized, on the Services page there's a spelling mistake in the Charity Events header. You've written Chairty. Also, the pages take a long time to load.

Casio
05-12-2011, 05:10 PM
What type of background would you reccommend me using?, and that font is very nice :P, what different font would you say, I need to remake it :)

Repair
05-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Not really sure about the font, I struggle with fonts myself. Maybe if you use a it for all of the headers? It just looks out of place to me. I think it would be better with just a one color/gradient background.

--------------------------

Maybe add a caption to the feature slider, like a transparent box on the bottom of the image.

Casio
05-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Not really sure about the font, I struggle with fonts myself. Maybe if you use a it for all of the headers? It just looks out of place to me. I think it would be better with just a one color/gradient background.

--------------------------

Maybe add a caption to the feature slider, like a transparent box on the bottom of the image.

The logo is supposed to blend in as the background does, and the slider is going to be for personal ads, so no need for a box :)

triston220
05-12-2011, 05:31 PM
HTML5 supports the email input type for on the spot validation.
Example:

<input type="email" class="text-input" size="30" id="email" name="email">
Why have you given the input boxes empty values? (Value="")

The input fields are, for me at least, quite hard to see at my current viewing angle.

I would also capitalize the links at the top right of the page, as well as on the submit button.

I would also consider validating and emailing on the same page, instead of linking it to a very bland contact.php.

Apart from the above mentioned, the site looks great.

Casio
05-12-2011, 05:37 PM
HTML5 supports the email input type for on the spot validation.
Example:

<input type="email" class="text-input" size="30" id="email" name="email">
Why have you given the input boxes empty values? (Value="")

The input fields are, for me at least, quite hard to see at my current viewing angle.

I would also capitalize the links at the top right of the page, as well as on the submit button.

I would also consider validating and emailing on the same page, instead of linking it to a very bland contact.php.

Apart from the above mentioned, the site looks great.

I do not understand what you mean with the HTML5 and the input fields I tried making more viewable, but had no luck of it, anything you might help for that? The email links to thanks.html, I dont know what your going on about :P

triston220
05-12-2011, 05:52 PM
I do not understand what you mean with the HTML5 and the input fields I tried making more viewable, but had no luck of it, anything you might help for that? The email links to thanks.html, I dont know what your going on about :P
For the email field, change the input type to email. I'm not sure to be honest. If there's an error it doesn't.

Casio
06-12-2011, 02:10 PM
I have done what everyone has suggested with the contact form etc, is there anything else :P except the logo.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!