PDA

View Full Version : The Religious Side of Christmas?

Eoin247
07-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Anybody here into the religious side of Christmas? These days Christmas has become so mainstream that even non christians join in on it.

For me it's just a feel good time of year and a nice break from school. I'm not really into the religious aspects of it.

What about all of you?

geo
07-12-2011, 06:31 PM
meh i don't really think of the religious sides of it. it's just a nice break with a nice celebration :D.

HotelUser
07-12-2011, 06:41 PM
I do not practise any religious activity for Christmas, but I don't mind if other people do.

Jurv
07-12-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm not religious so I don't celebrate Christmas for those reasons. I personally just see Christmas as being family time and giving andreceivinggifts to those who are your friends and who have helped you throughout your life.

I'm not against anyone who is a believer in the Christian faith though, we're all different. :)

Ardemax
08-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Yeah nowadays people are just like oh look it's xmas/the holidays/festive season and it's like nooooooo it's CHRISTMAS.

there's christ in christmas, btw.

Yeah I do see the religious side, but in modern society it's basically a chance to cash in on everything - this includes easter.

Kinda annoying when there's nothing even a mention of WHY we have christmas, just all about how much im going to get for it and how much snow we get. I dunno, I'm weird but that kinda annoys me :3

Red
08-12-2011, 08:26 PM
yh that aspect is imp for me and its what christmas should be about. I always go to candlelit service and I love christmas carolsssss

GeorginaxD
08-12-2011, 08:34 PM
I just celebrate Christmas for the gifts. :D

Samantha
08-12-2011, 09:12 PM
I used to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus on Christmas day with my sister? We're nice people.

I went to a Youth Group for 7 years so we did do some Christian sides to Christmas.

Ajthedragon
08-12-2011, 10:05 PM
I try and watch the Queen's speech if I can. Can't say I'm any morereligiousthan that!

I've always said I'd ike to go a Christmas service at a church though.

Jordan
08-12-2011, 10:49 PM
I am not religious at all. And I just think Christmas is a fun day of the year where you see all your family =]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!