PDA

View Full Version : DJ Website

Casio
08-12-2011, 11:58 AM
My friend has just become a mobile dj, therefore needing a website, so he hired me to make it for him, what are your opinion on it guys!

www.dj-moore.co.uk

:odey:
08-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Love the background,

But I don't like the main header text, I don't think it's catchy enough imo!

It's a nice overall layout though :)

Casio
08-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Love the background,

But I don't like the main header text, I don't think it's catchy enough imo!

It's a nice overall layout though :)

I do not like the DJ Moore text either, but it was his request, so happily did it for him :)

:odey:
08-12-2011, 06:25 PM
I do not like the DJ Moore text either, but it was his request, so happily did it for him :)

OH well, if it was a request well done to sticking to the brief! haha :)

Casio
08-12-2011, 06:40 PM
OH well, if it was a request well done to sticking to the brief! haha :)

Haha thanks :) It was my first paid project too.

peteyt
08-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Not bad but I think some of the content should be higher. Because of the large image it means that you have to scroll down a bit for some important information. Sometimes having stuff there in front you instantly can help when it comes to sales if you get me

Milarz
09-12-2011, 02:39 AM
Text is a bit cartoonish.

GirlNextDoor15
09-12-2011, 04:37 AM
Can you change the pictures please? They look blurry and unappealing.&nbsp;<br>Others look nice. If you change some stuff like changing the content, it'll look posh enough.

Casio
09-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Not bad but I think some of the content should be higher. Because of the large image it means that you have to scroll down a bit for some important information. Sometimes having stuff there in front you instantly can help when it comes to sales if you get me

The sliding images are temperoary as this will be where images will be going on events he is doing.

Text is a bit cartoonish.

What text?

Can you change the pictures please? They look blurry and unappealing.&nbsp;<br>Others look nice. If you change some stuff like changing the content, it'll look posh enough.

As I said above, but what pictures are you on about particually.

Milarz
09-12-2011, 10:10 AM
The main text.. the title with the DJ name i think it was.. in black.

Casio
09-12-2011, 10:39 AM
The main text.. the title with the DJ name i think it was.. in black.

As I said above, that was his request, I could only advise him on a different font, but he wanted that, so I stuck with his requirements.

hamheyelliot
09-12-2011, 01:12 PM
It's nice! It's not wildly different from the original template, the fonts are a little bit mismatched for the purpose- but it's suitable for the job at least.

Casio
09-12-2011, 01:51 PM
It's nice! It's not wildly different from the original template, the fonts are a little bit mismatched for the purpose- but it's suitable for the job at least.

Cheers, what text is mismatched.

peteyt
09-12-2011, 10:59 PM
The sliding images are temperoary as this will be where images will be going on events he is doing.

The actual images wasn't what I was mentioning but more the size. It's often down to personal taste but I'll show you an example. I just did a random search for web hostshttp://www.123-reg.co.uk/web-hosting/

N (http://www.123-reg.co.uk/web-hosting/)otice how although you have some graphics they also have some content that the viewers might want there. In other words you get an image and the text. I just find the actual image box too big on the homepage that it cuts some of the content. Some prefer this, but I like to see the image, and some of the content under creeping in, without needing to scroll - people are basically lazy and like everything right in front of them.

Casio
10-12-2011, 10:07 AM
The actual images wasn't what I was mentioning but more the size. It's often down to personal taste but I'll show you an example. I just did a random search for web hostshttp://www.123-reg.co.uk/web-hosting/

N (http://www.123-reg.co.uk/web-hosting/)otice how although you have some graphics they also have some content that the viewers might want there. In other words you get an image and the text. I just find the actual image box too big on the homepage that it cuts some of the content. Some prefer this, but I like to see the image, and some of the content under creeping in, without needing to scroll - people are basically lazy and like everything right in front of them.

What I wanted to do, is make the images smaller and thats it.

peteyt
11-12-2011, 12:50 AM
What I wanted to do, is make the images smaller and thats it.

Yeah if there smaller you'll be able to show a bit more content easier

Casio
11-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Yeah if there smaller you'll be able to show a bit more content easier

I understand that, but it was all the the requirements I had been set.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!