PDA

View Full Version : questions

scottish
10-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Anything new lately? Is bandos/arma still considered best equipment to use, or is there better out? How long would it take to get from 50 to 90 dungeoneering? Is slayer even worth doing (as everythings value is so low) How does PvP work now, is it every world wilderness = PvP, and specific worlds whole area = PvP? Is dungeoneering absolutely necessary for boss hunting now?

edit;
also how do you get the dragon defender, is it just like the other ones where you fight stuff for ages and eventually get lucky?

Thomas
10-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Anything new lately?Not sure.
Is bandos/arma still considered best equipment to use, or is there better out?No, Torva, Pernex and Vitrus? (not sure on the spelling). However these all cost like 1bil a set.
How long would it take to get from 50 to 90 dungeoneering?Depends: Sizes, team size, how many hours a day etc.
Is slayer even worth doing (as everythings value is so low)if you are going ot train combat do slayer, but i wouldn't do it if you have maxed cb.
How does PvP work now, is it every world wilderness = PvP, and specific worlds whole area = PvP?Every world wilderness = pvp and there are no worlds with no safe zones.
Is dungeoneering absolutely necessary for boss hunting now?​no

Kyle
11-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Anything new lately?

Depends what you mean by 'lately'. paramount things are probably the Dominion Tower, new quests (most notably Ritual of the Mahjarrat), new website and client layout (including built-in runescape wiki), clans, and the loyalty programme.

Is bandos/arma still considered best equipment to use, or is there better out?

Another God is available to fight in the GWD now called Nex. She drops the best armour in game which are Torva, Pernix and Virtus for melee, range and magic respectively. Costs a good few bob and yes, you will probably required to have chaotics to fight her/get into a team to fight her.

How long would it take to get from 50 to 90 dungeoneering?

It's 80 for the first chaotic weapon but generally anything from 2-3 weeks if you get the hang of it fast. I'll be available to help you if you need it :)

Is slayer even worth doing (as everythings value is so low)
Past max combat, probably not. Can still make quite a tidy profit from certain tasks though and Ring of Wealth increases rate of the rarer drops so you get them more frequently.

How does PvP work now, is it every world wilderness = PvP, and specific worlds whole area = PvP?

There are 'high risk' wilderness worlds (2 for f2p, 2 for p2p) that you can't protect items on so automatically lose everything on death, and every other world is a normal world with its respective area of wilderness, like it used to be. Don't worry, you can't be killed by any other players in falador and such in ANY worlds, only the wilderness.

Is dungeoneering absolutely necessary for boss hunting now?
Not at all. Whilst it is usually preferred that you do have a chaotic weapon you can get by quite easily without their extra DPS. Will notice the difference when you do get chaotics though :)

edit;
also how do you get the dragon defender, is it just like the other ones where you fight stuff for ages and eventually get lucky?

Same as last time, just have a rune defender and you'll have a chance at getting a dragon one. Cyclossus sometimes appear - you have a higher chance of the drop from them.

scottish
11-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Anything new lately?

Depends what you mean by 'lately'. paramount things are probably the Dominion Tower, new quests (most notably Ritual of the Mahjarrat), new website and client layout (including built-in runescape wiki), clans, and the loyalty programme.

Is bandos/arma still considered best equipment to use, or is there better out?

Another God is available to fight in the GWD now called Nex. She drops the best armour in game which are Torva, Pernix and Virtus for melee, range and magic respectively. Costs a good few bob and yes, you will probably required to have chaotics to fight her/get into a team to fight her.

How long would it take to get from 50 to 90 dungeoneering?

It's 80 for the first chaotic weapon but generally anything from 2-3 weeks if you get the hang of it fast. I'll be available to help you if you need it :)

Is slayer even worth doing (as everythings value is so low)
Past max combat, probably not. Can still make quite a tidy profit from certain tasks though and Ring of Wealth increases rate of the rarer drops so you get them more frequently.

How does PvP work now, is it every world wilderness = PvP, and specific worlds whole area = PvP?

There are 'high risk' wilderness worlds (2 for f2p, 2 for p2p) that you can't protect items on so automatically lose everything on death, and every other world is a normal world with its respective area of wilderness, like it used to be. Don't worry, you can't be killed by any other players in falador and such in ANY worlds, only the wilderness.

Is dungeoneering absolutely necessary for boss hunting now?
Not at all. Whilst it is usually preferred that you do have a chaotic weapon you can get by quite easily without their extra DPS. Will notice the difference when you do get chaotics though :)

edit;

Same as last time, just have a rune defender and you'll have a chance at getting a dragon one. Cyclossus sometimes appear - you have a higher chance of the drop from them.

What is the Dominion tower?

How much is the stuff that Nex drops selling for? (is it like bandos relative decent pricing, or like divine, stupidly high pricing? :p

For 53-80 how long would it take approx? :p

So you go into that warrior guild place and fight the cyclops to get the drop? How long does it take average (i know sometimes people spend ages, other people get it first try, but an approx time scale :P)

Kyle
11-12-2011, 12:36 AM
What is the Dominion tower?

A minigame. I described it before, you are able to fight bosses that you've previously killed in quests to unlock special gloves (goliath, swift, spellcaster) at 500 kills or dreadnips (very useful at bosses - does damage and doesn't count as a familiar) at 450 bosses. Relatively easy but rather time consuming.

How much is the stuff that Nex drops selling for? (is it like bandos relative decent pricing, or like divine, stupidly high pricing? :p

The latter :p Torva - 950m-1b; Pernix - 1.1-1.2b; Virtus - 360-365m

For 53-80 how long would it take approx? :p

Around a week and a half to 2 weeks

So you go into that warrior guild place and fight the cyclops to get the drop? How long does it take average?

30min-1hr.

scottish
11-12-2011, 12:40 AM
If you die in dominion tower do you lose/keep your items?

Ah so still bandos/arma are the main items for most stuff?

With you helping how long would 53-80 take? :p

Kyle
11-12-2011, 12:42 AM
If you die in dominion tower do you lose/keep your items?
keep. safe minigame.

Ah so still bandos/arma are the main items for most stuff?
pretty much

With you helping how long would 53-80 take? :p
1-2 weeks lol

scottish
11-12-2011, 12:51 AM
k you can help me get 53-80

I completely forgot how to do dungeoneering.

That is if i choose to return :P

I'll decide tomorrow if I have time, or monday.

Kyle
11-12-2011, 12:53 AM
ok u will hve to pay me 100m per level

scottish
11-12-2011, 01:05 AM
no deal skmr

ull do it for free coz im so gr8 !!!!

.Tom.
11-12-2011, 01:35 PM
I just started doing Dungeoneering for first time yest :) Seems pretty cool, slow leveling at the mo though oO only got to 6, though i am soloing it :)

scottish
11-12-2011, 01:44 PM
I was soloing up to 53, and I got so bored and just gave up

I want to get 80 to get the chaotic items.

.Tom.
11-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Yea same, need chaotic to start boss hunting properly :)
Gonna get my smithing up a bit first so can make some decent armour and bind it, then should make completing the dungeons easier

scottish
11-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Yeh with the bot nuke i've noticed most resources have gone stupidly high, but slayer items kept low :@

EliteYoshi22
13-12-2011, 06:05 AM
I have 88 dung currently that i gained during September. It isnt a long skill if you know what ur doing and having a specific team all the way is a win win situation. It took me about 2 weeks to get 50-80 and then on 2 weekends i kind of no lifed and got to 88 and got both chaotic rapier and crossbow. Id recommend you to go past 85 due to frost dragons i make around 1.5M an hr now that bots arent there.

scottish
13-12-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm not one for camping at something (like dragons), if I do combat I do either slaying or boss hunting. I have over 350m cash + items so don't think money will be that much of an issue atm.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!