PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Email scams

Evolution
24-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Email scams

It's very important that the email address you use for Habbo Hotel is one that only you can access. If you let someone else read your emails, then they could find out your Habbo password.

It's also important that you put in a real email address when you register or update your Habbo ID. If you make one up, we can't send you password reminders and there's virtually no way we can know for sure that you are the real owner of your Habbo.

"Reply to this email to become a Hobba"

The only way to apply to become a Hobba is through the application form on www.habbohotel.co.uk. So, never ever reply to emails that ask you for your password, even if they really do seem to be from the Head Hobba.

"Change your email to [email protected] to get loads of Credits"

Sounds tempting doesn't it? But don't be drawn in - it's another scam. If you change your email address to the address the scamster Habbo tells you, he or she will be able to check in as your Habbo.

How? Well, what they do is click on the 'Forgotten your password?' link and type your Habbo name and the email address they told you to use. Then they get the password reminder email telling them your password.

Then the scammer uses this password to sign into Habbo Hotel as you.

"Do you accept this file transfer?"

If you speak to other Habbos on MSN (which you shouldn't do), then here's another way they can scam you. They say that they are sending you a cool program - maybe it will let you do special things in the hotel.

But, if you accept the file transfer and open the program it sends them the password to your hotmail account. Then they can read your emails, so they use the 'Forgotten your password?' link in the hotel to get your Habbo password.

*Taken from HabboHotel.co.uk

Butcher11
25-06-2004, 05:56 PM
IS there a way to check the file ones, would a like check with spy programs get rid of it?

Evolution
26-06-2004, 11:28 AM
IS there a way to check the file ones, would a like check with spy programs get rid of it?
Some do detect viruses but some miss them and say all is well, so it's best not to open them anyway :)

GELHEAD2004
26-06-2004, 11:33 AM
I got a email about a week ago from [email protected]
its a BIG FAT SCAM!! IT ASKS YOU FOR YOU PW
AND REAL NAME JUST DELETE IT DONT REPLY TO IT!!

AngelDude2
27-06-2004, 11:07 AM
I hate email scams the people who do it think we're stupid

Moose
27-06-2004, 06:01 PM
LOL, i cant add enemore people to my msn because its up to 150 the max... :( yea my friend says that msn is the cause of people being scamed.... :-/

Evolution
28-06-2004, 09:07 PM
LOL, i cant add enemore people to my msn because its up to 150 the max... :( yea my friend says that msn is the cause of people being scamed.... :-/

It is one of the bigger reason for virus thus leading to scamming..I agree :eusa_doh:

splintercell!
18-07-2004, 04:12 PM
I was scammed on msn cos i added me they hacked me nd got my pass so my biggest advice is NEVER give out your msn addy

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!