PDA

View Full Version : What do you think

dbgtz
11-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Basically I'm arguing with this person about a situation with her friend. Basically her friend went on holiday (for what I'm assuming is around 2 weeks) and had a "thing" with a boy. When she came home she was crying for what could have been weeks (probably months), according to the person telling me this. She argues that she loves this person because she was such a wreck and I'm guessing that the girl who had the thing also said she loves him, but that is an assumption by me. I'm arguing the fact that you can't love someone after just two weeks of face to face contact (as far as she described, they communicated via text here and there) and that it does take time in order for love to grow and be shown. I also half brought up the fact that the girl is only 15 with the guy being around the same age.

Anyway I'm curious as to what people think of the matter.

buttons
11-12-2011, 03:23 PM
she will get over it. most people eventually get over 'loving' someone. when i was in spain the receptionist at our hotel said she met a guy on holiday then never went home so yeah its possible to like someone you just met. i don't believe you can fall in love after a week or so no matter your age. people mistake lust for love too many times.

Catzsy
11-12-2011, 04:52 PM
I don't think you can argue against another person's feelings tbh. Everybody is different and the more you argue with her the worse it will get. Maybe she just needs to talk about for as long as it takes for her to resolve it in her mind. I expect you are getting a bit sick of hearing about it so maybe change the subject rather than arguing.

Jssy
11-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Doesn't everyone fall for someone on holiday though at some point? I've fancied people on holiday before and flirting has happened but it's never got to more than that

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!