PDA

View Full Version : RS or WoW

scottish
11-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Well I've played both in the past

which one do you think I should join?

[@]@Kyle[/@] wants me to rejoin RS, few people I know irl want me to rejoin WoW

I have no idea what one to rejoin atm

If I rejoin WoW it means I need to get new armour, quests, etc to gear up for current raids

If I rejoin RS it's less to do, as there'll be less updates but I'd need to find something to do as slayer is pretty much pointless now.

idk :S help me choose.

Eoin247
11-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Played both for a few years each.

Wow is better, a bit more expensive but worth it i think.

GeorginaxD
11-12-2011, 09:44 PM
I've played both, but I enjoyed WoW more because of the better graphics and storyline.

scottish
11-12-2011, 09:52 PM
WoW you need to get up to date and stuff which kinda puts me off it, where as RS you just buy items and you're up to date.

Eoin247
11-12-2011, 10:32 PM
WoW you need to get up to date and stuff which kinda puts me off it, where as RS you just buy items and you're up to date.

Updates are part of the upsides to wow, regular new and well made content with very little bugs. Just turn auto updates on so that you will never have to wait for an update to play wow.

scottish
11-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Thats not what i'm getting at

It's the fact that when I rejoin i'd have to get up to date (gear, quests, etc)

Eoin247
11-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Thats not what i'm getting at

It's the fact that when I rejoin i'd have to get up to date (gear, quests, etc)

Only if you're talking about endgame content, and wow is much more than just endgame. The actual leveling experience is very enjoyable as compared to the tedious grind that is leveling RS skills.

scottish
11-12-2011, 11:11 PM
for me, it's end game PvP and raids.

Nothing else is entertaining :P

I can't stand leveling (got like 5 85s so leveling wouldn't be problem atm) just having to do old content to get the gear to raid efficiently in whatever the latest raid is.

In RS you buy some bandos and you're good to go :P

Oleh
11-12-2011, 11:59 PM
It's the fact that you are working towards the better gear which is the point. Not just buying it and have done. You will enjoy wow more over time rather than a short thrill of rs

J0SH
12-12-2011, 01:18 AM
WoW is good when you've got friends to play with and people to interact with via mic and stuff, so I've learnt. Solo isn't really fun on this game, leveling and stuff just becomes tedious. RS is more of a solo game, you can go do things on your own like skills, but I suppose you can do that on WoW once you get 85, but it's still different. :P

Biconvexity
12-12-2011, 03:06 AM
I didn't get too into WoW because it crashed my computer every other time I played, but it was well worth the money from my experience. I had a friend that was into WoW who told me a lot about it, and it seemed to be more superior to the clicking games like Runescape. WoW is just expensive, to be honest.

So basically, in Runescape, you train your stats and get new weapons and armor, which doesn't last long. Getting 99 in a skill is difficult some of the time, but there is nothing else to do besides farm money when you reach it. There are no chances to upgrade your current armor to something more superior. You can't make a dragon chainbody any better than it already is. If you want something better, you have to buy it. Runescape is more about making money than it is about leveling up, from my experiences. This is why people usually macro on Runescape - to earn money to buy things for their main accounts. Sucks, but it's true.

Jord
12-12-2011, 07:31 AM
I played runescape pretty much from my childhood since I can remember finding it on the gaming website miniclip :) The good old days on RS when everything to do was fun, Played it for about 4 years on and off after that, Quit then I was about 12, Rejoined when I was 14 played for a couple months and just kept quitting and rejoining, RS seems to be abit too boring for me these days, I played WoW in summer 2010 Fully with 4 other guys and to be fair in a group it was very fun, But we had alot of arguments because one of our WoW players was a "legit" player who played for years and knew everything about it and what not and the rest of us was just noobs at it, But it was still fun none the less and being bored these days ive had the thoughs of rejoining for the fun of it and to kill time but i would much rather play in a group of 5 (Including myself) Just to make the experience alot more funnier with pals

scottish
12-12-2011, 09:17 PM
I'm gonna go with RS

been speaking to people and the new end-level raid (Deathwing one) is apparently piss easy, I only play for boss hunting really, another advantage of RS is I can keep doing bosses so doesn't get boring where as on WoW you're waiting 1 week for resets.

Eoin247
12-12-2011, 11:24 PM
In my experience, most raids were so long that you needed the reset timer.(unless you're a hardcore player)

Whatever floats your boat i suppose. I stopped playing both of them a while back.

scottish
13-12-2011, 01:13 AM
The raids are relatively short, can complete em in a few hours and from what i've been told this deathwing raid is easier.

When I last played alot of the time I was sitting about doing nothing :p

EliteYoshi22
13-12-2011, 06:13 AM
Runescape isnt much of a solo game. Their is a skill called dungeoneering and also they have upgraded clan chat that much that its better of level with friends then just sitting back and training skills up just day after day would just be boring. Then again PVP, Bossing, Clan Wars, Castle Wars and alot of others for entertainment. Not every item can be bought on Runescape either, there are loads of weapons and armour that you have to do quests for aswell.

Flisker
20-12-2011, 07:48 PM
The raids are relatively short, can complete em in a few hours and from what i've been told this deathwing raid is easier.

When I last played alot of the time I was sitting about doing nothing :p

The normal modes are easy but the heroic modes (for Dragon Soul) are a little more trickier apart from Morchok. Gearing up this far into cataclysm is much easier than it was at the beginning because you can simply get to 370 ilvl and do Looking For Raid content over, and over and over and over but you can only get loot once per boss per week.

Zak
20-12-2011, 09:46 PM
I'm a Runescape supporter but I've never really properly played WoW.

kasi
07-01-2012, 06:13 AM
people still play runescape? L O L

Rainbow
07-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Id say runescape never really played wow before xD

FiftyCal
07-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Runescape because $15 a month is insane. That's $180 per year that i can spend on better things. I cant really give an honest opinion about WoW because of that though.

Swearwolf
07-01-2012, 12:43 PM
WoW is 1000 million times better. I played RS before I could afford WoW and mates got me into it at college. Played since, would never go back. So worth it.

scottish
07-01-2012, 01:48 PM
I replied ages ago saying I already picked so no idea why unorthodox bumped it, especially with such a stupid post

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!