PDA

View Full Version : Guide for downloading Music and Movies

HighlightReel
13-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Came across this guide which I found really helpful, Vuze is such a great tool!

http://www.nilsenreport.ca/post/14170764815/guide-for-downloading-music-and-movies (http://www.nilsenreport.ca/post/14170764815/guide-for-downloading-music-and-movies)

Recursion
14-12-2011, 09:58 AM
I laugh at the people who torrent now. People do it here at University then wake up the next morning with a nice message in their browser telling them to contact the IT Helpdesk immediately to get their internet access back, so they can own up to what they did! :P

JerseySafety
14-12-2011, 10:05 AM
I still torrent lol, doesn't worry me.

My internet provider over here allows us to torrent and does nothing about it because they don't want to pay for the paper to send out letters to naughty people who torrent LOL

o the joys of Telecom vs the Government ;)

N!ck
14-12-2011, 10:37 AM
I laugh at the people who torrent now. People do it here at University then wake up the next morning with a nice message in their browser telling them to contact the IT Helpdesk immediately to get their internet access back, so they can own up to what they did! :P

Or just use a 1 Gbit dedicated server and private trackers. 60MB/s download speeds FTW.

Recursion
14-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Or just use a 1 Gbit dedicated server and private trackers. 60MB/s download speeds FTW.

Very true, I prefer HTTP links though, I'm seeing ~40MB/s speeds. Unfortunately, that speed is irrelevant when the bottleneck is getting it off the server to your local machine. :(

N!ck
14-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Very true, I prefer HTTP links though, I'm seeing ~40MB/s speeds. Unfortunately, that speed is irrelevant when the bottleneck is getting it off the server to your local machine. :(

Not when you can stream it at full quality while downloading it to your home PC at the same time ;).

The problem with your HTTP stuff is that it will be rar'd as well, but not with torrents on a good non 0-day tracker.

peteyt
15-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Most people download, but I thought advertising it on these forums was against the terms.

N!ck
15-12-2011, 01:23 AM
Most people download, but I thought advertising it on these forums was against the terms.

Advertising what on these forums? BitTorrent is a protocol as legitimate as HTTP.

The OP is a little shady however.

peteyt
15-12-2011, 04:30 AM
Advertising what on these forums? BitTorrent is a protocol as legitimate as HTTP.

The OP is a little shady however.

I know BitComet is legal but a guide on how to download pirated stuff, that's really what it is, is illegal. Most people do it sadly

HighlightReel
16-12-2011, 01:37 AM

I live in Canada and there is no problem with torrenting at all!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!