PDA

View Full Version : Would you make the first move?

Shar
14-12-2011, 06:48 PM
This question is directed at girls

If you liked someone and they seem oblivious to the fact would you make the first move and ask them out or wait until they ask you out? Personally, I wouldn't.

Inseriousity.
14-12-2011, 06:54 PM
I know you said it was directed at girls but I remember a girl who fancied me but kept hinting at it rather than just asking because it was "the boys' thing to do." As it happened, she never got many boyfriends during school cos the people she fancied would never even think of asking her in a million years. I think it's better to ask and get it out of the way. The worst they can say is no but at least you won't spend months fantasizing about someone you're never going to get. :P

beth
14-12-2011, 06:57 PM
i'm quite forward but **** with stuff like this, i'd probably hint or kiss them or something and see where it went hahahah.

buttons
14-12-2011, 06:59 PM
i make the first move quite often but i think that's been my mistake in the past. depends what i want really, if it's a one off thing then i will show interest but if it's something more then i try to keep the flirting only stage going for as long as possible. don't guys like 'the chase'? i know i do. once i get what i want, it's game over. plus it's nice to have a guy go after you and you don't even have to do anything :P

but what usually happens is i get guys who i don't fancy (but flirt with anyway for free drinks n an ego boost) going after me + the guys that i do like go off me or i go off them. oh well plenty more fish in the sea, i'm young.....right?:(

GirlNextDoor15
17-12-2011, 04:08 AM
Depends on the personality of that person. :)

Wig44.
17-12-2011, 02:00 PM
i make the first move quite often but i think that's been my mistake in the past. depends what i want really, if it's a one off thing then i will show interest but if it's something more then i try to keep the flirting only stage going for as long as possible. don't guys like 'the chase'? i know i do. once i get what i want, it's game over. plus it's nice to have a guy go after you and you don't even have to do anything :P

but what usually happens is i get guys who i don't fancy (but flirt with anyway for free drinks n an ego boost) going after me + the guys that i do like go off me or i go off them. oh well plenty more fish in the sea, i'm young.....right?:(

Yeah, don't do that. Don't mean to sound 'old-fashioned' but you'll only get weak men, the type of men you described in your second paragraph. If a girl approached me I'd be put off instantly.

wixard
17-12-2011, 02:23 PM
i never do, just continue to flirt heavily til you get em where you want em.
if they don't ask you out **** them, they obviously don't like you that much

Rozi
21-12-2011, 11:17 PM
waaaa no never. I have to be sure if someone likes me and so I would never make the first move.

Recursion
21-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Don't see why guys are expected to do all the work rly. No reason why a girl can't make the first move.

:.:kaytay:.:
23-12-2011, 01:48 AM
Haha, i'm known for the "Hair behind ear" move. I don't know, when I like someone; they usually can tell just from how I act. If they don't notice, I do something creative--like I try to be near him, get in his bubble.

:) easy peasy! :)

J0SH
23-12-2011, 03:56 AM
Girls always play hard to get and don't really make the first move, so the boy needs to man the **** up and tell him how she feels. Scared of rejection? Again, man up. Remember, there's plenty of fish in the sea.

Shar
23-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Girls always play hard to get and don't really make the first move, so the boy needs to man the **** up and tell him how she feels. Scared of rejection? Again, man up. Remember, there's plenty of fish in the sea.
haha too right. Glad to know I'm not the only one who wouldn't make the first move.
Tbh its far worse when a guy rejects a girl than the other way round because guys are way harsher from what I've seen when my friend went and asked a guy ;p

Firehorse
25-12-2011, 02:46 AM
To be honest I really agree with Recursion's point here. Girls are generally the more picky ones, so why are guys always the one's expected to make the move? I mean, a guy is generally less likely to reject an offer from a girl than a girl is to reject a guy, so it'd save a hell of a lot of effort, time and embarrassment wouldn't it? Heck the entire teenage demographic would probably become considerably less depressed in its entirety.

I have made the first move a few times, but when it comes to girls I really like then I find it too hard to even if I want to. When you don't really like them it always seems so much easier.

Jazz
25-12-2011, 11:09 AM
It really depends on the person in my opinion :3

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!