PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Syncing [ANDROID][+REP]

Con
14-12-2011, 08:08 PM
So my Samsung Galaxy Nexus arrived today, completely love the phone. Exactly what I wanted.
Only problem is, when I go into Accounts & Sync > Add Account > Facebook it takes me straight back to the Accounts & Sync page without allowing me to sync a Facebook account. The app itself works fine, but I want to link users with Facebook except it's not doing anything?

Twitter + Gmail have worked fine.

Any help +rep will be given.

alede
14-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Maybe the application don't work with the phone the way you should. Remove the application an re try.

Never had a problem with the phones I have. Maybe use a different app if possible.

Con
14-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Nah it's not the app, read a couple reviews others are having the same problem! Just wondering if anyone knows a way around it :)

Recursion
14-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Gonna sound silly, but have you tried turning it off and on again? I can't say I've ever had this problem with Facebook syncing on Android O_o

Con
14-12-2011, 09:42 PM
It worked fine on my old Android :/ and I've read some reviews that it's not working for some people specifically on the Nexus phones :S

Casio
14-12-2011, 10:01 PM
At the moment Facebook is not fully compatible with Android 4.0 ICS. This article http://androidcommunity.com/facebook-app-overhaul-brings-faster-performance-better-ui-ics-support-and-more-20111207/ shows that it has only just become compatibl with ICS, so this may be a bug you are experiencing.

Con
14-12-2011, 10:11 PM
At the moment Facebook is not fully compatible with Android 4.0 ICS. This article http://androidcommunity.com/facebook-app-overhaul-brings-faster-performance-better-ui-ics-support-and-more-20111207/ shows that it has only just become compatibl with ICS, so this may be a bug you are experiencing.
Isn't that article about the Facebook App update itself? If yeah, then I have that anyway, it's the actual syncing to the phone (showing me facebook contacts, linking current contacts to facebook ones so I have their status updates/pictures etc.)

Judge Judy
14-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Since Gingerbread (v2.3.3 I think?), they removed the functionality to doing the sync with Facebook contacts to your phone contacts. It started with Nexus S phones but then I guess happened to all the other phones what reached 2.3.3.

Once upon a time, Google allowed Facebook to store contacts in a cloud but then decided all apps have to use its contacts API to be able to sync.

Casio
14-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Isn't that article about the Facebook App update itself? If yeah, then I have that anyway, it's the actual syncing to the phone (showing me facebook contacts, linking current contacts to facebook ones so I have their status updates/pictures etc.)

That is what I mean, due to it only becoming compatible a number of days ago, you will be experiencing problems such as this.

Con
15-12-2011, 06:50 PM
That is what I mean, due to it only becoming compatible a number of days ago, you will be experiencing problems such as this.
Ohh! Okay thankyou :)

peteyt
16-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Since Gingerbread (v2.3.3 I think?), they removed the functionality to doing the sync with Facebook contacts to your phone contacts. It started with Nexus S phones but then I guess happened to all the other phones what reached 2.3.3.

Once upon a time, Google allowed Facebook to store contacts in a cloud but then decided all apps have to use its contacts API to be able to sync.

I just got a Samsung s2 and have my contacts synced. Does that mean eventually I wont be able to do this?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!