PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Timeline

Lamz
16-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Ok, so Facebook are giving you the chance to get the new update 7 days before it is actually launched..

It looks digusting!
Messy
Stupid Update (like all the others)

Preview:

http://i.imgur.com/02vbO.png

xxMATTGxx
16-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Had it for the past couple of months and you get used to it. :P

buttons
16-12-2011, 02:12 PM
bebo much lol i don't like it but everyone will continue to use it regardless andget used to it.

beth
16-12-2011, 02:21 PM
i already de-activated my facebook but it looks mingin.

Lamz
16-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Had it for the past couple of months and you get used to it. :P

bebo much lol i don't like it but everyone will continue to use it regardless andget used to it.

How on earth can you get use to that... :S

it looks terrible... really really pointless update... Most of my friends are on twitter now anyway so I shall be leaving Facebook forever.

buttons
16-12-2011, 02:30 PM
because there have been updates before and people got used to them too? :S i've noticed an increase of people getting twitter on my facebooktoo but facebook will never be replaced. you can't really comment or 'like' people's tweets etc so it doesn't have that popularity contest or discussion etc that you get on facebook...

Lamz
16-12-2011, 02:40 PM
i doubt this update will go down well... You canre tweeton twitter & if it's a popular trending topic you could get top tweet (which i have got once). But yeah, I do get what you mean with the diffrent feautues but i really don't see anyone liking this new profile look

Judas
16-12-2011, 03:01 PM
People complain about Facebook updating all the time but they still use it. People won't convert to Twitter, because it doesn't have everything Facebook has (even though I use Twitter more now).

People switched from Bebo to Facebook because Facebook had everything Bebo had and more, Facebook and Twitter are just very diferent

Chris
16-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Ive had it for a few months and I like it! :D

e5
16-12-2011, 03:33 PM
I've had it for months! aha

geo
16-12-2011, 04:00 PM
I found out more about this earlier on Daybreak. I don't understand people, whenever there's an update people complain about it but they move on and continue to use it. If they really didn't like it that much, then they'd deactivate their accounts and just wouldn't use it so I can't be that bad. I really don't see what's so bad about it, I don't think it looks bad at all. I rarely use Facebook now though, so I'm not that bothered about it. :)

redtom
16-12-2011, 04:09 PM
I've had it for the past few months. I've found it much better than the previous design, although only a few of my friends have had the new design also.

If you add a cover image it looks allot better too. I can see people using this to just slap on images of random things (Bands, Places, etc) rather than themselves which kinda defeats the purpose but we'll see.

Mathew
16-12-2011, 04:22 PM
I decided to finally try this last night and it's starting to grow on me. I added all of my holidays to the "places I've visited" but there's a limit of 100 (I think it takes into account your check-ins too).

sorrydude$
16-12-2011, 04:41 PM
I think it is great, you all sound like religious people who think technology is the devil ;Update Haters :P

triston220
16-12-2011, 05:04 PM
I've gotten used to it, it's actually quite good.

Rixion
16-12-2011, 05:26 PM
I just wish you can alternate between timeline and wall, the timeline looks a bit messy too - shame they're getting automatically updated on the 22nd

peteyt
16-12-2011, 09:36 PM
I've been using this for quite a few months and while I wasn't sure to begin with it has its uses. I like the fact I can easily go from month to month and find key stuff, and also make some posts a feature. It's handy for later on, if you need to go back to find something although some people find it allows easier stalking (although you can block your profiles so only friends can see them anyway's).

The problem (or solution) with Twitter is that it's too basic. Only so many words for a status, a lot less features. It's like Facebook stripped down, which some prefer, but if you want advanced features it doesn't really hit the mark at least for me.

Luke
16-12-2011, 10:25 PM
It's so much more organised and informal than the 'Wall', it looks more professional and it's so much easier to find stuff, had it for months, and i've never disliked it. People are so afraid of change..

GommeInc
16-12-2011, 10:38 PM
I strangely like it. The best Facebook Update to date :)

Jordan
16-12-2011, 11:30 PM
I love it, Lamar add a cover yours looks minging thats why!!

I don't see whats wrong with it really, it's a really nice update and I am not looking forward to when all my friends have it on the 22nd all the spamming about it being hated.

Muct
17-12-2011, 12:09 AM
....maybe it'd look better if you actually put a cover up lmaoo!

Eoin247
17-12-2011, 12:15 AM
As some people said, it's turning into Bebo. Sigh, it was fine the way it was last year.

---------- Post added 17-12-2011 at 12:27 AM ----------

People switched from Bebo to Facebook because Facebook had everything Bebo had and more, Facebook and Twitter are just very diferent

Actualy, the opposite is true. Bebo got too complicated and cluttered. Users from the last few years of Bebos popularity would remember the infamous "miles upon miles" of apps that one had to scroll though just to get to the comments section on a profile.

Lamz
17-12-2011, 01:08 AM
I love it, Lamar add a cover yours looks minging thats why!!

....maybe it'd look better if you actually put a cover up lmaoo!

well thanlks a gazil Jordan! :'( lol

idk wtf to have as a cover... Adidas banner?

Judas
17-12-2011, 01:08 AM
As some people said, it's turning into Bebo. Sigh, it was fine the way it was last year.

Actualy, the opposite is true. Bebo got too complicated and cluttered. Users from the last few years of Bebos popularity would remember the infamous "miles upon miles" of apps that one had to scroll though just to get to the comments section on a profile.

That is true, I will also rephrase it to "Facebook had every necessary thing Bebo had" :P You get my point but you are right

Nick
17-12-2011, 02:14 AM
Looks at bit like twitter :S .. It looks ok.

Zak
17-12-2011, 04:26 AM
I've had it for a while, it's ok I guess. If things never got updated nothing would progress, so I'm all for it :)

Eric
17-12-2011, 09:09 AM
it looks ok. i love the idea of uploading your own cover though lol

Lamz
17-12-2011, 01:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MWBtJ.jpg

My "cover"

http://i.imgur.com/xlWgb.png

I have gotten a lil use to this but i stillreckoni will de-activate my fb. I also still don't get why everything is all over the place... it looks like a mesy tumblr page.

peteyt
17-12-2011, 01:16 PM

That could have been said about the old Facebook. I remember when Facebook was so messy, the profiles consisted of everything, apps, games you name it. Everyone hated the fact they where going to change it to make it simpler and I felt like I was the only one welcoming something that would make it far easier to find stuff. I think the latest updated has furtheremphasisedthat.

I think the main thing with Facebook however is basically everyone's on it. Everyone was talking about Google+ at one point and while its not that bad, I don't think its a Facebook killer. The problem with it is while myself and other people who like technology and use it for purposes other than personal usage (I use mine for promoting my site/company) are willing to try new things and use multiple sites/services, most of the public just want one thing. They don't want the hassle of updating multiple social networks and reading and replying to multiple comments/messages and so they stick to the one that everyone or at least most are on.

I feel that no one at this moment will cripple Facebook. It may happen one day and I remember when both MySpace and Bebo where the top of their game. The key thing however is both MySpace and Bebo had similar audiences. I've seen people on Facebook I wouldn't expect to even see using a computer never mind the internet, such as people who'd class the internet a few years back as something for just geeks and the older generation, parents, grandparents. I think it shows just how much peoples ideas of the internet have changed and how much Facebook possibly has helped with it.

Firehorse
17-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Ok, so Facebook are giving you the chance to get the new update 7 days before it is actually launched..

It looks digusting!
Messy
Stupid Update (like all the others)
Preview:

http://i.imgur.com/02vbO.png

Try adding a cover photo and it won't look as bad. It actually looks brilliant in my opinion. I don't think it's messy at all, then again I don't spam anything on mine.
You should learn to use something/set it up correctly before judging it.

GoldenMerc
17-12-2011, 03:12 PM
I quite like it to be fair

Richie
17-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Any change is going to make people a littlescepticalbut honestly after a few weeks you'll not notice the change. I've had it a while 'cause I signed up as a developer. It would be nice if you could disable the banner though, at first I couldn't find an image now I just use a HD version of the Moon and it looks pretty cool.

Shar
17-12-2011, 04:36 PM
I don't like it but I can deal with it ;p

Recursion
17-12-2011, 05:15 PM
I like it, much prefer it to the old look. It's not messy at all when you look at it from the viewpoint of IT'S A GOD DAMN TIMELINE OF YOUR LIFE.

It's made me use Facebook more often now tbf.

Smurfed-
22-12-2011, 09:50 PM
I just got it, and I seriously dislike it. Maybe I'll get use to it idk

Jutnux
22-12-2011, 10:08 PM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/321587_2469235297197_1441795699_2866784_1293741662 _n.jpg

Marbian
22-12-2011, 10:32 PM
I love it.

FiftyCal
24-12-2011, 11:53 PM
I still have my old profile page :P

GoldenMerc
26-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Starting to get used to it now, its real useful

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!