PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the jokes/funny forum?

Eoin247
16-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Whatever happened to the jokes forum? I was wondering why there were no more funny story/ joke threads around here.

Seems kinda silly to have removed it, as its absense has evidently reduced posting with regards to fun threads. Also it didn't have post count so why was its being there a problem?

Chippiewill
16-12-2011, 11:26 PM
It was removed in the great forum removal phase and then when they tried to return it the forum flopped so it stayed away.

Mathew
16-12-2011, 11:27 PM
It was removed due to lack of posting. Then it was brought back. Then it was removed due to lack of posting. Now people just don't post anything funny.

Sometimes you just gotta hand it to Richie for making the attempt to post funny things in Spam... :P

Chris
16-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Simply because it was a dead forum and was rarely posted in. Take a look at this thread :) http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=699974

Eoin247
16-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Having a section for jokes/ funny stuff encourages the posting of such threads. If it was up to me personally i'd bring it back with post count so that more people would post in it. I mean as of late there has been very few if any amusing threads on the forum and i can see why a lot of people are saying it's boring nowdays. ( Not that it will solve all forum stagnancy problems, but it might help)

I personally have the view that the more sections the better. As it encourages more threads.

Catzsy
17-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Having a section for jokes/ funny stuff encourages the posting of such threads. If it was up to me personally i'd bring it back with post count so that more people would post in it. I mean as of late there has been very few if any amusing threads on the forum and i can see why a lot of people are saying it's boring nowdays. ( Not that it will solve all forum stagnancy problems, but it might help)

I personally have the view that the more sections the better. As it encourages more threads.

Well if you could find a way to make it a constructive thread i.e. not just posting a joke but one that would promote active discussion it could go in 'Discuss Anything'. I thought it was a good part of the forum as well and hadn't realised it has died such a death.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!