PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Challenge: Day 24

Chippiewill
24-12-2011, 02:33 PM
So today's format is a little different, there'll be multiple parts throughout the day. You earn points. First person with all correct answers to a single bit gets five points, second gets four, third gets three fourth gets two and everyone after that gets one.

Person with the most points wins 2 months of VIP and the person in second gets one month. Both will also win a massive 16 rep each.

The first part is computing Acronyms. Just tell me the full version of all the acronyms below. PM me your answers. There may be a few tricks in there, and if in doubt I mean the version which is related to the acronyms around it rather than the normal one. Also they're all technology related.. well, except one which is kinda a tangent.

RAID
PHP
HTML
SQL
JS
AJAX
HDD
SDD
CD
DVD
SATA
PATA
IDE
ROM
RAM
CPU
GPU
PCI-E
WYSIWYG
GUI
CLI
HTTP
FTP
IP
DNS
LAN
WAN
SAN
DHCP
SSL
FTTC
FTTB
EFM
xkcd
PRNG
TTL
PSK
WPA
USB
APM

Chippiewill
24-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Part two of today's challenge is to decipher the following company / website names:

Macrohard (ahgl might help on this one ;))
Moon (Solar Bodies)
Latte (Coffee)
Banana (Fruit)
yToad (Amphibians)
Footlog (Log as in captain's log)
Growlter (Growl as in a sound of an animal)
Boohoo (The sound of sobbing)
MayIHaveATomato (Bit obvious imo)
Pony (Not even difficult)

Chippiewill
24-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Flisker was first to get all of the acronyms correct and Oleh is still attempting without using google...

nb: If you get them wrong I'll tell you which ones :P

Recursion
24-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Part two of today's challenge is to decipher the following company / website names:

Decipher is the wrong word.

Chippiewill
24-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Part three calls for the following:

1) A Brief synopsis of RAID as a whole, RAID0, RAID1, RAID5, RAID6 and the distinction between RAID 10 and RAID 01
2) Explain how P2P file sharing works briefly.
3) How is an IP packet formatted
4) What is cable management

Again PM answers to me :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!