PDA

View Full Version : Prince Phillip in 'good spirits' after suffering chest pains

-:Undertaker:-
25-12-2011, 02:06 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-philip/8976958/Queen-visits-Prince-Philip-in-hospital.html

Queen visits Prince Philip in hospital

The Queen has visited the Duke of Edinburgh's hospital bedside on Christmas Eve after he had treatment for a blocked coronary artery.

http://s3.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20111223&t=2&i=550528959&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=460&pl=300&r=2011-12-23T231150Z_2_BTRE7BM1QV100_RTROPTP_0_BRITAIN-ROYAL-PHILIP

Prince Philip, 90, was flown to Papworth Hospital Cambridgeshire on December 23 after suffering chest pains during preparations for the Royal family's Christmas celebrations at Sandringham. A "minimally invasive procedure of coronary stenting" was successfully performed on the Prince and he was said to have had a "good night" in hospital.

The Queen arrived in one of three green Range Rovers at around 11am on Christmas Eve – a day before her annual Christmas speech extolled the virtues of the family. She was flown from Sandringham by helicopter, which touched down near the hospital, and visited the Duke of Edinburgh for around 45 minutes. She was joined by the Duke of York, Earl of Wessex and the Princess Royal.

http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/britain-royalphilip.jpg?w=620
Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Edward and Princess Anne arrive at Papworth hospital

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall also travelled to Papworth Hospital by car from Highgrove to visit the Duke. Four vehicles pulled into the Cambridgeshire hospital at around 11.50am – including a silver estate carrying the Duchess in the front and Prince Charles in the back. The Queen left around midday. The Duke was described was in "good spirits" according to a spokesman for Buckingham Palace, but he is expected to remain under observation overnight at the hospital.

The spokesman said: "The Duke is in good spirits. I suspect that he will stay overnight but imagine he will be eager to leave knowing him. "The Queen has left reassured – knowing he is in good spirits. Christmas plans tomorrow will go ahead with or without Prince Philip. "I'm not aware of any change. I'm sure the Queen is very concerned of course – but is now reassured. "We are not commenting further on his condition. There has been no indication at all that there will be any further visits. "We do not know when he will be released but I imagine he will remain here for a short time." A crowd of around 40 well-wishers gathered outside the hospital on Saturday morning.

Rather serious for a man aged 90, what a man he is though. The Royal Family do such a lot of hard work for the United Kingdom along with other realms of Canada, New Zealand, Austrailia and the Commonwealth in general - considering the age of HM Queen Elizabeth II at 85 and Prince Phillip at 90 its pretty remarkable.

Wish him a full recovery and hoping he's home for Christmas.

Thoughts?

Jazz
25-12-2011, 10:58 AM
What a horrible time to be taken into hospital! D:
Hope hes alright soon <3

geo
25-12-2011, 11:18 AM
I really do hope he has a fast and full recovery! Awful time to have to be in hospital. :(

Inseriousity.
25-12-2011, 11:58 AM
What a dodgy excuse to try and avoid his wife's christmasspeech! ;)

oj, hope he gets well soon. it is incredible how much they do and with queen's jubilee, its gonna be busier next year!

Mathew
25-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Yeah I was following this story from very early yesterday morning and it's good to see he's fully on the road to recovery. I was reading the list of his 90 best gaffes yesterday - absolutely brilliant: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royal-wedding/2011/06/10/prince-philip-quotes-relive-90-classic-gaffes-to-mark-his-90th-birthday-115875-23191024/.

GoldenMerc
27-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Hope he has a fast recovery

efq
29-12-2011, 09:18 AM
He was staying in the hospital down the road from me, should've popped in to say hi to him!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!