PDA

View Full Version : iPod touch refusing to verify FaceTime

Markeh
25-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Brand new, fresh out of the box 64GB white iPod touch.

The iTunes account uses my dad's email address because he set it up initially (when I first had an iPod I was underage, haven't bothered to change it, too much effort). Now FaceTime relies on email addresses on the touch. I don't want his email address to be used.

No matter what email address I add (and NONE of these email addresses are tied to ANY Apple account - I've tried my NTL, Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, even my school email), I get this:

FaceTime Activation
An error occurred while verifying your email

I don't have an email inbox configured on the device, not sure if this makes a difference?

Any help would be appreciated, I am fast losing my temper here, as it's took me 6 hours and several attempts at keeping my laptop alive to even get music on it.

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it. If you have a similar issue, log into your Apple ID account on the Apple ID site and check there are no unverified email addresses on your account. I validated my Gmail through here and now validation works fine for that account and verification emails send to other accounts. Putting this here as I couldn't find any help on the Internet.

Recursion
25-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Your FaceTime address needs to be a registered Apple ID afaik

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!