PDA

View Full Version : Google + vs Facebook vs Twitter

GoldenMerc
26-12-2011, 10:45 PM
We all know about all these social networks.. wich one is your favourite and why?

GommeInc
27-12-2011, 02:12 AM
Facebook at the moment, but if Google+ became popular I'd consider that my favourite. It's clean, simple and easy to use, and the features are easy to understand. Facebook is a site that has developed quickly and attempts to keep up to date, but in doing so creates a hodge podge of mess. Timeline is an attempt to fix the mess, but it's still a bit garish :P

cocaine
27-12-2011, 02:22 AM
twitter
twitter
twitter

FlyingJesus
27-12-2011, 02:26 AM
Timeline is the ugliest and messiest update Facebook has done to date, genuinely would switch to G+ if it weren't for the fact that no-one uses it

GoldenMerc
27-12-2011, 02:37 AM
Timeline would be good if it was a bit more simple... Its just too complicated for the normal user.

twinart
27-12-2011, 02:39 AM
Facebook. It has applications where people can play games ect.
I hate Google+ because I can't open it! I'm just 13 *emo*

GoldenMerc
27-12-2011, 02:52 AM
Your not allowed Facebook when your 13 ether are you?

scottish
27-12-2011, 03:48 AM
facebook requires you to be atleast 13.

Google+ is 18+ im sure.

Zak
27-12-2011, 04:16 AM
Facebook. Hands down winner imo

FiftyCal
27-12-2011, 05:01 AM
facebook USED to be my favorite but the timelime crap is just stupid. i will consider switching to google+ when it becomes popular

Recursion
27-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Facebook.

I love timeline, and it's the one place I can actually communicate with my friends privately in groups etc. I do use Twitter but it's for more trivial rubbish.

MizzBex
27-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Facebook is my fav because I use it the most, but im using twitter more nowadays aswell :)

Special
27-12-2011, 10:19 AM
twitter is slowly becoming my favorite

Chris
27-12-2011, 10:56 AM
I use both facebook and twitter. I suppose if facebook went down hill and google took its place then I would move over.

xxMATTGxx
27-12-2011, 11:35 AM
My favourite is twitter, I always have a client open on my computer for twitter to see the notification from the people I follow on there and use it all the time on my mobile device as well. I do have facebook and Google+ and between them two then I use facebook more because of the people I have on there. I like twitter more because I don't have any family following me and If I do then I just block them! I can get away with it on there but I can't on facebook :(

Andii
27-12-2011, 11:48 AM
gotta be facebook. . more slabbers on it ;)

beth
27-12-2011, 12:52 PM
twitter fer sure.

Mark
27-12-2011, 01:02 PM
My favourite social network at the moment is twitter, it's simple and works both on the computer and the app for iOS. If you asked me a month or two ago I'd probably say Facebook but I'm sick of the stupid updates and the timeline is horrid. Not forgetting the iOS App that doesn't work.

peteyt
27-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Facebook hands down. Twitter is okay but if you want to add more content, or do longer posts and stuff its not as good. Google+ just doesn't have the audience.

Facebook has the audience, which is important, no good having a profile if no one hardly can see it. You can customise parts of it, stop people you don't want seeing it, and I like the new timeline, easier to find old stuff.

GoldenMerc
27-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Do you think Google+ will ever get popular?

peteyt
27-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Do you think Google+ will ever get popular?

I think the answer is not really.

While some people don't mind trying new things a lot of people would rather simply have one thing for one task, one social network. Everyone seems to be on Facebook so what's the point in updating multiple social networks when you could just update one. Everything Google+ does, Facebook can do - Google+ added video support for conversations so Facebook did. Google+ brought circles so Facebook added its own. It comes down to who has the biggest audience and Facebook will be the top at least for a few years if not more.

FlyingJesus
27-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Facebook.

I love timeline, and it's the one place I can actually communicate with my friends privately in groups etc. I do use Twitter but it's for more trivial rubbish.

You are the only person I've ever seen say a good word about Timeline lol, it's got a worse layout than HxL

peteyt
27-12-2011, 05:44 PM
You are the only person I've ever seen say a good word about Timeline lol, it's got a worse layout than HxL

If you look on the timeline post quite a few people liked it. Some think its the best move they have made.

Firehorse
27-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Facebook. The one site that does everything the other sites do anyway, and although updates can sometimes be problematic they generally get fixed anyway. Plus Timeline is brilliant!

darbest
05-01-2012, 09:09 PM
My favourite social network at the moment is twitter, it's simple and works both on the computer and the app for iOS. If you asked me a month or two ago I'd probably say Facebook but I'm sick of the stupid updates and the timeline is horrid. Not forgetting the iOS App that doesn't work.

Facebook as never been that could or popular I think. Yeah it was (in a way) but it's the masses who populated it and made it good i'd say

Shar
05-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Twitter to talk to my closest friends and have group convos with them and facebook to keep in touch with everyone else

iBlueBox
05-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Facebook.

I love time line.

The majority of my friends use it more then any other social network,

Jordan
05-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Facebook,

I've never really got into Twitter and Google+

Shar
05-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Who actually uses google+ anymore? It didn't really catch on.

Andii
05-01-2012, 10:10 PM
BEBO FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao. .

GommeInc
05-01-2012, 10:35 PM
I think of Facebook as a market on a street. Everyone is there. Google+ is a shop on the market street where you can get away from commoners, and Twitter is a small, indoor market on the street which is smaller but more controlled than the street outside. At least, that's what it looks like in my mind :P I much prefer Google+ for discussions with randomers about mundane things, while Facebook is literally for friends. Twitter is like a place for news and interesting updates on things that interest you.

To me, Google+ is better, but part of me likes Facebook purely because more of my friends use it.

HotelUser
05-01-2012, 10:40 PM
I don't really use any of them!

peteyt
06-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Facebook as never been that could or popular I think. Yeah it was (in a way) but it's the masses who populated it and made it good i'd say

I gather you meant Facebook has never been that good, but stating Facebook has never been popular, then stating the people are the ones that made it popular is a contradiction. People are what make anything popular. If no one bought iPods then they wouldn't have been popular. I think Facebook is decent, it works. People didn't just sign up for it for the sake of signing up, look at all the parents and so on who never used Social Networking before Facebook. Facebook was a step up from the previous social networking sites and managed to pull just about everybody.

BEBO FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao. .

Lmao I remember using that in school. AOL took over and ruined it but I read a while back the original founder/developer bought it back to try and save it, but I think its sank too far now. Seems to be full of Chavs these days

Misawa
06-01-2012, 02:32 AM
Google+ is rubbish. I use Facebook daily but prefer Twitter.

Sly
06-01-2012, 10:31 AM
I like twitter but I only follow celebrities 'cos real people are boring.
I use facebook everyday but it annoys me when people a. feel the need to tell everyone what they're doing all the time b. feel the need to moan about everything other people are doing c. post really vagueirrelevantstatus' for likes
I don't have google+ I didn't think anyone used it

Eric
06-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Facebook, it's the only place that i could get in touch with my old friends, cousins and classmates. I don't use twitter much.

I don't have Google + but i reckon it's good :P

Andii
06-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Lmao I remember using that in school. AOL took over and ruined it but I read a while back the original founder/developer bought it back to try and save it, but I think its sank too far now. Seems to be full of Chavs these days

nothing wrong with us chavs lolol :) we have good fun on it still hahaha

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!