PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to Ipad3

Eoin247
29-12-2011, 12:51 PM
I was going to get an idevice this christmas but decided to wait for whatever apple brings out next.

I'm hoping that the Ipad 3 gets released around mid spring and that the next ipad will be a totaly updated thing and not just an ipad 2s.

What do you guys think the new ipad will have? I've heard much talk about retina display, and while i hope this comes true i'm not betting my money on it.

Chippiewill
29-12-2011, 01:17 PM
I wouldn't expect much in terms of technical improvements. I don't think we'll be seeing retina display for iPad this year.

And I'd be wary about expecting spring, Apple have been showing signs at trying to unify when they release their iOS devices so it might not be until Autumn (Which makes more sense anyway as people are more forthcoming for Christmas presents).

Eoin247
12-01-2012, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't expect much in terms of technical improvements. I don't think we'll be seeing retina display for iPad this year.

And I'd be wary about expecting spring, Apple have been showing signs at trying to unify when they release their iOS devices so it might not be until Autumn (Which makes more sense anyway as people are more forthcoming for Christmas presents).

I can't see a sensible apple releasing a new iPad without a better (retina) display. Considering nearly all android tablets now newly/ being released have quite a bit better resolution

Mr-Trainor
13-01-2012, 04:30 PM
I don't think there'll be too much of a change from the iPad 2. It might get the retina display, but I wouldn't expect it for definite :P.

Nikki
13-01-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm hoping they will wait till end Autumn, as I only got my ipad 2 in august!:P I think one of the major improvements that they could make is the camera quality because it sucks imo.

Chippiewill
13-01-2012, 06:41 PM
I can't see a sensible apple releasing a new iPad without a better (retina) display. Considering nearly all android tablets now newly/ being released have quite a bit better resolution

Apple isn't threatened by Android tablets yet, and when Apple are the market leaders they refuse to innovate and hold back features so they can be competitive when they need to be.

HotelUser
13-01-2012, 09:27 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/13/ipad-3-rumor-high-res-display-quad-core-lte/

That makes me drool, but I just purchased a MacBook Pro for school, ah well.

iBlueBox
13-01-2012, 10:15 PM
I think i'll probably upgrade from my iPad 2 to an iPad 3,

I'll end up selling my iPad 2 around February, and saving up the difference and get the iPad 3 on launch.

Exactly the same what I did with my first gen iPad.

Mr-Trainor
13-01-2012, 10:43 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/13/ipad-3-rumor-high-res-display-quad-core-lte/

That makes me drool, but I just purchased a MacBook Pro for school, ah well.
Just saw that on MacRumors :P.

I think i'll probably upgrade from my iPad 2 to an iPad 3,

I'll end up selling my iPad 2 around February, and saving up the difference and get the iPad 3 on launch.

Exactly the same what I did with my first gen iPad.
I think I'll just keep my iPad 2 tbh, it's fine for me - the only thing I don't like is the cameras, but I don't really use it for a camera anyway - particularly as I have my phone which is much easier to use for the camera :P.

Aiden
13-01-2012, 11:37 PM
iPad 3 ALREADY Steve u made a MONSTER, Poor Dell! RIP STEVE JOBS

---------- Post added 13-01-2012 at 11:39 PM ----------

OMG I FRIKKIN LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE !!!!!!!!! <3

iBlueBox
13-01-2012, 11:47 PM
iPad 3 ALREADY Steve u made a MONSTER, Poor Dell! RIP STEVE JOBS

---------- Post added 13-01-2012 at 11:39 PM ----------

OMG I FRIKKIN LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE !!!!!!!!! <3

Steve made a monster? It's a company.

Apple has yearly refreshes for the majority of there products.

It's been a year since the iPad 2. So obvious a next generation iPad will naturally follow in the next 3 months.

Eoin247
21-01-2012, 05:14 PM
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/114787-ipad-3-to-have-a-low-res-retina-display

Seems that while looking into the new ibooks, pictures have been found that suggest that the next ipad wont be retina but still higher res.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!