PDA

View Full Version : Wrock

sophiethenerd
29-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Does anyone here listen to wizard rock? I have just started listening and its really good! Myfavorite wizard rock song atm is Snape Vs Snape by Ministry of Magic.
The idea of songs about Harry Potter sounds gimmicky and stupid but there are some really good songs out there!

Jurv
29-12-2011, 02:21 PM
I've never heard of that before, it sounds quite strange if you ask me. :P

sophiethenerd
29-12-2011, 02:30 PM
I wouldrecommendchecking it out! Its not as odd as it seems :P

The Don
29-12-2011, 02:51 PM
I just checked out Snape vs Snape, for some reason it reminds me of kpop, you should check some out, I think you'll like it. Ask Jen or Shaz about it, they seem to know a lot.

Sendura
29-12-2011, 03:08 PM
It's sort of in decline now, which is sad. There's quite a lot of history behind it, but it was essentially started by Harry and the Potters (who have decent songs, even if they are musically inept in most of the earlier ones). Draco and the Malfoys have some funny songs (a lot of wrock artists write comedic songs), as do The Whomping Willows, The Remus Lupins and Peeved. Some of the more serious (but still good) wrock artists: Tonks & The Aurors, Riddle Tm. (not always serious) and the Mudbloods, who were my favourite back in the day.

I think I took that entirely too seriously, but there you go. You kind of have to be really into the Harry Potter Phenomenon to enjoy the music much (though a couple of the bands have songs that would be good even if they weren't about Harry Potter).

I'll agree it sounds a bit weird and nerdy. On a similarly nerdy note, you might be interested to know that some other fandoms have musical scenes. For those who like Doctor Who, there's Trock (Time Lord Rock). I think some people write songs about Twilight, but I never really looked into that...

Jazz
29-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Never heard of this before o.o

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!