PDA

View Full Version : Japan hit by 7.0 Earthquake

efq
01-01-2012, 11:29 AM
A strong earthquake with a magnitude of 7.0 jolted eastern and northeastern Japan on Sunday, but there were no immediate reports of injuries or damages and no tsunami warning was issued.

11:13AM GMT 01 Jan 2012

The earthquake measured 4 in central Tokyo, ***ushima and their surrounding areas on the Japanese intensity scale, which measures ground motion, according to Japan Meteorological Agency, which uses a different measuring system than the U.S. Geological Survey.

A spokesman for Tokyo Electric Power said there were no reports of any abnormalities at the tsunami-crippled ***ushima Daiichi nuclear plan following the quake.

Some high-speed train services in northern Japan were suspended after the earthquake, but soon resumed operations, Kyodo news reported.

The 7.0 magnitude earthquake, at a depth of nearly 217 miles, was recorded off Japan's southeastern Izu islands on Sunday at 0527 GMT, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.

The Hawaii-based U.S. Pacific Tsunami Warning Center has not issued a tsunami warning following the earthquake located south-southwest of Hachijo-jima in the Izu islands.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/8986940/Japan-hit-by-7.0-earthquake.html

2012 looks like its going to be interesting -.-

Mathew
01-01-2012, 11:37 AM
IT'S THE BEGINNING OF THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a relief that there's no injuries though!

Aladdin
01-01-2012, 11:46 AM
ooo thats bad, i wonder what it's like to be in an earthquake

Succubus
01-01-2012, 11:54 AM
[@]@Aladdin1[/@]

Not nice i'm guessing.
Just hope nothing much more major happens :s

FiftyCal
01-01-2012, 11:27 PM
I feel so sorry for Japan. LOL Bless them

Eric
02-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Not a good start for Japan :/

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!