PDA

View Full Version : Kik Messenger for Ipod/Iphone

Matt
03-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Description

Kik Messenger is the totally free, crazy-fast cross-platform messenger app that connects you to your friends in real-time. Use Kik to chat, share pictures privately, plan outings with groups, and stay connected to the people who matter most to you.

You’re going to fall in love with Kik Messenger. Here’s why:

★ Hands-down the fastest, most life-like chat experience for your smartphone

★ Instant notifications show you when a message is Sent, Delivered, Read

★ Picture Sharing - privately share moments as they happen or from your gallery

★ Group Chat - create groups on the go simply by adding friends to conversations

★ Completely free – no messaging fees and no ads

★ Beautiful look and feel, offline messages, push notifications, and more!

Give Kik a try today and see what you’ve been missing! :)

--
WHAT OUR USERS SAY:
‘This app takes texting to a whole new level!’
‘The fastest and most reliable chat app’
‘I love love love love it so much’
‘Best messenger ever’
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Above: Description on the Apple App Store.

Okay, so all my mates have downloaded it and are all talking about it. I think it is great, and enables people with ipod touches to communicate just like having an iphone! Thoughts and ideas?

Pm me if you want to add me and ill happily give you my user name! :)

Thread moved by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Technology Discussion' to here as more suited

Jordan
03-01-2012, 12:35 PM
I remember everyone yesterday on Facebook going mental over it. Every other status was about KIK. I have an account but I'm not too sure if I will ever use it a lot.

Recursion
03-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Tried Kik, tried Pingchat, tried LiveProfile, all failed after 3 days with everyone I know.

We all use Facebook chat apps on our phones now, much easier.

HotelUser
03-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Tried Kik, tried Pingchat, tried LiveProfile, all failed after 3 days with everyone I know.

We all use Facebook chat apps on our phones now, much easier.

I've used KiK and PingChat. KiK in particular since it came out and I've had absolutely no issues. Nor have the people I've been corresponding with. The problem is probably something on your end.

Recursion
03-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I've used KiK and PingChat. KiK in particular since it came out and I've had absolutely no issues. Nor have the people I've been corresponding with. The problem is probably something on your end.

Oh no, there were no issues, there just wasn't a common ground between everyone and people stopped using them after a few days.

It seems people have naturally started using FB Chat now though.

wixard
03-01-2012, 04:16 PM
oh my god how many other ways of communicating do we really need

Tom
03-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Ugh another way of communicating - "if you can't contact me by Text, Call, What'sapp, IMessage, Facetime, Email, Facebook, Twitter, Skype, MSN, Blackberry Messenger, Morse Code, Smoke Signals, Sign Language, Posted letters or Messenger Pigeon. You can now contact me on KiK but if KiK fails, screw it and light 'The Beacons Of Gondor'." ;l

Recursion
03-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Ugh another way of communicating - "if you can't contact me by Text, Call, What'sapp, IMessage, Facetime, Email, Facebook, Twitter, Skype, MSN, Blackberry Messenger, Morse Code, Smoke Signals, Sign Language, Posted letters or Messenger Pigeon. You can now contact me on KiK but if KiK fails, screw it and light 'The Beacons Of Gondor'." ;l

Come on, not that bad.

- Phone
- Text
- IRC
- Facebook
- G+
- Steam
- Origin

LOL, oh God, it's actually quite bad.

beth
03-01-2012, 05:10 PM
like everyone i know has unlimited texts. prefer texting people

Matt
04-01-2012, 01:39 AM
Lmao [@]@Thom[/@]. The only thing i hate, is that to turn it off, you have to turn your whole ipod off otherwise people will still talk to you. Also, if someone adds you, you don't get told or asked, they just get added to your list.

Futz
04-01-2012, 01:41 AM
I think everyone on my Facebook discovered it today.

Jack!
04-01-2012, 01:53 AM
I was just about to post this;

Everyone on my facebook discovered it today, its ridiculous.

Chart of downloads JUST FOR ANDROID, click here (https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=lxy&chd=e:AACIERGZIiKqMzO7RETMVVXdZmbud3f.iIkQmZohqqsy u7xDzM1U3d5l7u92,GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHUJwL lK-IiGtIiMzPPRES5TgUHUuS588&chds=0.0,1.0&chs=105x75&chma=1,0,1,1&chco=42b6c9ff&chls=2.5,1.0,0.0&chxl=0:%7C%7C1:%7C%7C2:%7C)

I have it, along with BBM, MSN, Emailing, Texting, and now kik, far far far to many.

Oh; jakjack1 for those who care and wish to add me.

J0SH
04-01-2012, 01:55 AM
I'll just stick to WhatsApp thanks

Markeh
04-01-2012, 07:15 AM
Why do I need another messaging service. I have Facebook on my HTC and my BlackBerry, as well as my iPod touch. I can text. I have BBM. I can call people. Isn't that enough?

Matt
04-01-2012, 10:14 AM
I agree to some extent. However some people might now have a smartphone that is able to connect to the internet or have credit to text someone. This enables people to use something that is not a phone and is not paying for it.

HotelUser
04-01-2012, 12:41 PM
like everyone i know has unlimited texts. prefer texting people

A lot of people do, but in North America it's more expensive I believe. Many people have Android devices without plans (wifi devices only), and iPod touches who I kno use KiK, TextPlus and the likes. Then for us folks who have texting plans it still costs a few dollars to send picture messages so using data messaging is a free alternative. I originally took a bite into KiK because I wanted a free way to send text messages internationally, because an international texting plan for me as well as the recipient would have cost us bot an extra $20 a month each :P

-Nick
04-01-2012, 12:47 PM
its over taken facebook with users ...........

But.... it might be a scam an unkown company comes in just like that every1 has it a bit strange :L

+

it asks for you phone number :L a bit werid

Mark
04-01-2012, 12:55 PM
It's good if you want to contact people over long distances but for people who you can just text or contact through facebook, it's useless! I think it's because a lot of people got iPod Touches for christmas and want to contact to all their friends through their iPod touch and not their phone.
I've got it but I find myself just texting since it's easier.

Jordy
04-01-2012, 01:40 PM
its over taken facebook with users ...........

But.... it might be a scam an unkown company comes in just like that every1 has it a bit strange :L

+

it asks for you phone number :L a bit weridNot really, it's so you import your address/phone book and see which contacts already use Kik ;)

What I can't understand is how "Kik" just took off the other night, it's the sort of viral advertising that all companies dream of. Literally half my FB just randomly started making status's about it and it looks like it's happened with teens right across the UK but there's been no real trigger for it? It's been out quite a while.

I use Kik and Whatsapp now, it's no effort to me as they're free and running in the background so if someone wants to save themselves some texts then they're welcome to connect with me on there. I also use iMessage quite extensively these days so text messages are definitely on the decrease for me, at this rate my next plan won't need unlimited texts.

Matt
04-01-2012, 02:21 PM
"Kik messenger is allegedly run by Japanese scammers and that if you have an iphone/ ipod/ ipad, with the application, to delete it immediately. Reports of several iphones being wiped of all private information have been leaked and people with iphones are most at risk."

Got this from various sources.
Sky News
Facebook rumors

Thats a tad awkward -.-

Jordy
04-01-2012, 02:46 PM
"Kik messenger is allegedly run by Japanese scammers and that if you have an iphone/ ipod/ ipad, with the application, to delete it immediately. Reports of several iphones being wiped of all private information have been leaked and people with iphones are most at risk."

Got this from various sources.
Sky News
Facebook rumors

Thats a tad awkward -.-I don't normally say this but you really are a moron for spreading rumours like that. Where's this on Sky News?
IT ISNT

Does it not occur to you *Removed* that Apple have an approval process for apps? And also that they could just pull apps if they were found out to steal data (an application doesnt have the power to steal all private information in your phone anyway). What on earth does it even have to with the Japanese? Since when are Facebook rumours a source? What are these other "various" sources?

Get out the technology section and go help some idiots on Habbo *Removed* instead of claiming "Sky News" are reporting Kik as being run by Japanese scammers.

Edited by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude to others

Chris
04-01-2012, 05:56 PM
I don't know what the sudden hype is all about. I don't think I'll be using it though, as I have better ways to contact people! :P

Shar
04-01-2012, 05:58 PM
A lot of people do, but in North America it's more expensive I believe. Many people have Android devices without plans (wifi devices only), and iPod touches who I kno use KiK, TextPlus and the likes. Then for us folks who have texting plans it still costs a few dollars to send picture messages so using data messaging is a free alternative. I originally took a bite into KiK because I wanted a free way to send text messages internationally, because an international texting plan for me as well as the recipient would have cost us bot an extra $20 a month each :P
now they discover KiK!

I've used it for about 2 years now, its really good and fast

Matt
05-01-2012, 01:55 AM
I don't normally say this but you really are a moron for spreading rumours like that. Where's this on Sky News?
IT ISNT

Does it not occur to you *Removed* that Apple have an approval process for apps? And also that they could just pull apps if they were found out to steal data (an application doesnt have the power to steal all private information in your phone anyway). What on earth does it even have to with the Japanese? Since when are Facebook rumours a source? What are these other "various" sources?

Get out the technology section and go help some idiots on Habbo *Removed* instead of claiming "Sky News" are reporting Kik as being run by Japanese scammers.

Wow, calm down mate. I heard about kik and thought it was a good idea. I had been using it until i had heard rumors about it. I don't see why you are raging and offending me, when I am sharing what i've heard.

I know Apple have a process to select certain apps and i know it seems a bit stupid that people are calling it a scam, but hey ... your taking it a bit far by saying certain remarks about going back to habbo and idiots more stupid than myself and my 'help-desk orientated head'. I never said that the rumors were official, I said that people were accusing 'Kik' of being run by Japanese scammers. I'm sharing opinions for god sakes.

Them names that you were calling me were completely un-called for and seeing as you feel so strongly about the matter, try taking a different approach next time, to see if your point is seen as valid, and not offending another member to one extent or another.

Jack!
05-01-2012, 02:01 AM
Wow, calm down mate. I heard about kik and thought it was a good idea. I had been using it until i had heard rumors about it. I don't see why you are raging and offending me, when I am sharing what i've heard.

I know Apple have a process to select certain apps and i know it seems a bit stupid that people are calling it a scam, but hey ... your taking it a bit far by saying certain remarks about going back to habbo and idiots more stupid than myself and my 'help-desk orientated head'. I never said that the rumors were official, I said that people were accusing 'Kik' of being run by Japanese scammers. I'm sharing opinions for god sakes.

Them names that you were calling me were completely un-called for and seeing as you feel so strongly about the matter, try taking a different approach next time, to see if your point is seen as valid, and not offending another member to one extent or another.

Stop trying to make him look stupid, completely changed your attitude and writing style from your previous post.

OT: I have it, I don't really use it, everyone on Kik I have on BBM, MSN, Or I can just text, now days its so common for people to have unlimited texts.

efq
05-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Lmao these scam/virus rumours. It's all rubbish. The program is clear, check the coding.
It's after they had a controversial moment when it crossed over your address book contact numbers to find new people, they stored all the numbers and used it for other things. But that was 2010.

It's fine and good to contact people whom don't have texts. But yeah lots of other programs, this is just the craze at the moment.

Andeeh
05-01-2012, 04:45 PM
I don't need it and won't get it. I just stick with Facebook and texting but it is a good idea I agree just I know after a few days I will stop using it.

J0SH
09-01-2012, 02:19 PM
I finally gave in and downloaded it. My name isShankney if anyone wishes to add me​I don't know what to think of it.. It just reminds me of Pingchat. I still prefer WhatsApp.

Andii
09-01-2012, 02:51 PM

TOM **** ;)

ALSOOOO READ ON GOOGLE WOOP

BLACKBERRYS CAN USE IT ASWELL SO THAT BLACKBERRYS AND IPHONES CAN COMMUNICATE TOGETHER ;) :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!