PDA

View Full Version : Barrows ~ Graphic update and 10% of x2 loot

scottish
04-01-2012, 03:23 PM
A Very Barrows New Year!
15 hours ago
While we’re looking bleary eyed and shaggy after New Year, we can honestly say that the reworked Barrows and Barrows Brothers are faring much better! Head to southern Morytania, as the Barrows Brothers are waiting and they look nothing short of dazzling.

The first change you’ll notice is to the surface environment. Creeping mist encircles your feet, and the mounds genuinely look like a resting place for the damned, rather than a series of grassy hillocks. Next, take a deep breath and delve below the surface, where you’ll be thoroughly unsettled by the dank and imposing crypts.

Are you brave enough to take the fatal step to wake a Barrows Brother? Pluck up the courage, and you’ll come face-to-face with metallic black and grey armour for these iconic enemies. While you might have had a soft spot for the pink and purple look, we think that their new get-up makes them more fearsome and better represents the gear they offer. What’s more, if you’ve claimed any of the Brothers’ armour or weapons for your own, the new look will be reflected in the worn gear as well.

To celebrate all of these improvements, we’ve given you a 1 in 10 chance of getting double drops on any runes, bolt racks and Barrows items you might receive. That also extends to a new draconic visage drop. These bonuses will only stay in game until the 11th of January, so get looting!

Have a Very Barrows New Year!

Probably going to kill the value of a few items, depending on drop rate of visage lol

edit

A "bank-all from pouch" button has been added to the bank and deposit interfaces.
Mahogany and teak logs now have a "Craft" option.
The shop stock of mycelium items has been increased.
The Raptor no longer teleports into the middle of the large sword in the middle of the Wilderness.
The "Slice" option on pineapples is now below the "Use" option.
Armadyl shards can once again be ground correctly.
Some ancient portals in the Wilderness now have multicombat added.
The Saintly and Corruption aura descriptions have been updated to clarify how Prayer point recovery works.
The Gravedigger random event's spinning icons are no longer quite as jittery.
The Task System button no longer looks highlighted.
Implings can no longer pass through a corner of Mubariz’s house.
The camera no longer moves through rocks during magic carpet journeys from Shantay Pass.
The player no longer teleports slightly when approaching the magic carpet in Shantay Pass while running.
Several pop up messages have been added when trying to dig without a spade on certain locations.
The Clan noticeboard no longer states that anyone can attend when set to admin+.
Buying battlestaves from Naff now only prints the "x coins have been removed from your money pouch" message once.
Fishing nets on the toolbelt can now be used to fish in the Mort Myre swamp.
Player titles now update correctly when switching gender.
The chatbox no longer displays some chat at the top of the window when it's at minimal height.
A skull object in the Wilderness has been returned.
The multiway combat icon's tooltip is now visible when the money pouch is open.
Music unlock hints will now always display when "Unlock hint" is selected.
A tile on Lunar Isle no longer forces the player to walk off of it.
Right-click reporting players no longer requires line of sight.
The money pouch now functions correctly when trying to buy anything after logging in first time without a bank pin set.
Looting Zogre coffins now puts the coins gained into the money pouch.
It is no longer possible to grind fishing bait or ashes on a free world.
Silver crossbow bolts now have a "Members:" prefix on the Skill Advance Guide.
The sound when holding backspace on the chat window has been removed.
The text on radimus notes, plaster fragment, and dusty scroll now wraps correctly.
The "Search" bank function no longer places the caret in the wrong place.
Coins are now added to the money pouch from random event reward boxes.
Some quick chat options have been modified to relate to Friends' Chat channels.

few other updates excluding bug fix/graphics

Kyle
04-01-2012, 04:06 PM
time to go to barrows i think

scottish
04-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Yeah I'm heading there now when you tell me what gear to take :P

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7913/120104103845.png

Not sure if it's legit though.

Kyle
04-01-2012, 04:50 PM
omg jel lol

Zelda
04-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Time to shock the level 130+'s with a level 87 going barrows and staying to do more rounds than themagain i expect :)

scottish
04-01-2012, 05:23 PM
tons of low lvls do barrows, theres no surprise lol

got t legs sold for 570k.

Rashelly
04-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Time to shock the level 130+'s with a level 87 going barrows and staying to do more rounds than themagain i expect :)

Lol, why would that shock anyone?
I was doing it (as were lot of people) at like 90 combat, and that was before ll the overpowered stuff that's out now :p

Zelda
04-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Probably shocked them cause of having no armour on :P

Kyle
04-01-2012, 05:37 PM
i have retired from barrows now as it continues to troll me with restore pots and bolt racks

Rashelly
04-01-2012, 05:38 PM
so you went there with nothing on at 87 combat and last longer than 130s?

please share your secret method

EDIT: Lol Kyle, same. Plus, too many people. I'll try again later in the week

scottish
04-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Lol

first trip i got runes, second t legs, 3, 4 + 5 runes again :-l

edit: 6th = 70 bolt racks

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!