PDA

View Full Version : Windows PC Running Loud

sorrydude$
04-01-2012, 06:13 PM
At the stupidest times My Windows PC, Vista Will run "loud" sounding like its working harder. I don't like that...
Is there anything I can do, It sits on a glass shelf on the side of my desk. 8 inches from back wall, an 2 feet from a sidewall.

What can I do to it "physically"
What can i do to it "mentally"

Recursion
04-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Clean all the dust from the inside of it, make sure you're not running a load of programs you don't need in the background and run CCleaner.

Other than that, it's fine.

sorrydude$
04-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Clean all the dust from the inside of it, make sure you're not running a load of programs you don't need in the background and run CCleaner.

Other than that, it's fine.

Clean the dust from the inside? :s

Jack!
04-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Clean the dust from the inside? :s

Yeah, its surprising how dusty it gets in there.

Also, My PC has been running loud also, turned out the bearing were about shot in one of the fans.

sorrydude$
04-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Yeah, its surprising how dusty it gets in there.

Also, My PC has been running loud also, turned out the bearing were about shot in one of the fans.

So I gotta open the covers?

Jack!
04-01-2012, 10:49 PM
So I gotta open the covers?

Yep, and get your hoover out, and a small brush (Paintbrish size) unplug it all, and clean it and hoover up the dust.

Chippiewill
04-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Don't use a vacuum cleaner, they can cause a build up of static. Get a compressed air can.

Jack!
05-01-2012, 02:02 AM
Don't use a vacuum cleaner, they can cause a build up of static. Get a compressed air can.

Meh, I always use my hoover when I have no compressed air left, Never had an issue :P

sorrydude$
05-01-2012, 04:47 AM
Dey No Workz

---------- Post added 04-01-2012 at 11:47 PM ----------

Meh, I always use my hoover when I have no compressed air left, Never had an issue :P

Very Dumb

---------- Post added 04-01-2012 at 11:48 PM ----------

Yep, and get your hoover out, and a small brush (Paintbrish size) unplug it all, and clean it and hoover up the dust.

Ughhhh........
is it REALLLLYYYYYYY worth it though?

Cause like if i get into cleaning my computer ill end up throwing everything into another room, cleaning the room cieling to floor and then re organize everything in my room -.-
And theres 12 hours wasted. :/

Recursion
05-01-2012, 08:46 AM
Dey No Workz

---------- Post added 04-01-2012 at 11:47 PM ----------

Very Dumb

---------- Post added 04-01-2012 at 11:48 PM ----------

Ughhhh........
is it REALLLLYYYYYYY worth it though?

Cause like if i get into cleaning my computer ill end up throwing everything into another room, cleaning the room cieling to floor and then re organize everything in my room -.-
And theres 12 hours wasted. :/

Yes, yes it is. :P

Chippiewill
05-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Meh, I always use my hoover when I have no compressed air left, Never had an issue :PI bet you're one of those people that use a duster as well then?

One day you'll just have a teeny bit of static arc across something on your motherboard and I'll be there.. laughing.

sorrydude$
05-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Yes, yes it is. :P

Okay, Thanks for the help! :)

And everyone else too! +REP (not like mine would do much <.<)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!