PDA

View Full Version : Revision Rescue - Ends 17th January

Samantha
08-01-2012, 08:04 PM
http://Habbox.com/text/livros/Revision+Rescue

Ah, January is here again and exams are soon starting! I am rather lucky, having my two exams on the same day and they aren't scheduled until the 25th so I have plenty of time for revision. The problem is though, that I get distracted easily, I get bored and I lack motivation. I need your help, I need you to tell me a revision tip. It can be the revision technique you use, or just one that you know that works!

The most creative will win.

Good luck!

Prize: 5 credits + 10 rep

Catzsy
12-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Highlight the really important points of what you are reading and then revise to those points again and promise yourself a real treat but only if you have revised for an hour!

Mr-Trainor
12-01-2012, 04:25 PM
When revising, always ensure it's active and not passive. I.e. always have a pen in your hand - if you're reading something, you could be highlighting or underlining the key points. Or if you're watching videos (like I am atm for maths :P) you could be doing questions on the same topic you're watching, otherwise you'll probably be more likely to forget :P!

Empired
12-01-2012, 04:45 PM
-I draw pictures, cartoons and posters of what I'm revising and then stick them up around different rooms.

-I write everything on sticky notes and stick them up on the walls. I allocate one room per subject to prevent confusion and stick them in the order that I have to learn them (i.e. going from left to right along my living room wall will help me to learn a Shakespeare play, etc).

The first one helps me the most because I enjoy drawing, but the second one would probably work better for most other people :S

Kellie
12-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Google!, oh take a break for 10 minutes after every hour so you don't overload your head :P

Red
12-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Record yourself and listen back or read your notes out. I always sing mine LMAO

Aladdin
12-01-2012, 05:08 PM
how i learn my scripts are reading them page by page, then writing them down - yes it takes ages, but like it sticks in your head, i still remember a line i had to say years a go back in primary school lol cause thats how i learnt.

Jay@Jay77
12-01-2012, 05:17 PM
lights off, lamp on. radio on, (put some music on), have a drink by yourself to cool you down if you get stressed.

Pigperson
12-01-2012, 09:59 PM
It really depends on what type of learner you are but personally I am kinda a visual learner. It's good to put important info on sticky pads and put them all around the house in places that you see them. It's best to organise them into topics and select a room for a topic. Then everyday you will naturally take a quick read of each of them and you will eventually have it in the back of your mind. It actually does miracles for learning a lot and if you need to revise something in certain, you just go to that room ;)

Will

Andii
13-01-2012, 12:00 PM
umm strip poker :) always helps me tbh

flo369
13-01-2012, 07:12 PM
It depends what kind of learner you are. Do you learn best with visual things? Or reading? Or writing? Personally I remember things by writing them out (revision notes). Find which technique is best for you. Visual, I suggest watching videos, diagrams, etc. Reading, just read the textbook. Writing, write nice colourful revision notes.
I also make up rhymes and things for exams ;D

geo
14-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Don't revise in the morning. Every time I revise in the morning I tend to forget either everything else I've tried to revise before, or I just forget it because it's the morning.. so yeah never revise in the morning! ;) Always at lunch and night!!!

Zelda
14-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Now assuming it's some sort of vocabulary or questions that have simple answers, find some online tester or make one yourself, and just keep typing in the answers, and going back to beggining everytime you get one wrong, then shuffle order and keep doing it. Then come back and do it again later.

Also what can help for other stuff is to revise in your sleep and try to remember by making it seem realistic and writing down what happened in your dream, [may need some practice], can really help :) Also good for practical skills revision :)

sophiepfc
15-01-2012, 04:30 PM
take breaks every hour for 10-20 mins and then you will find you canconcentratefor longer :)

SammieX
15-01-2012, 05:02 PM
I make studying fun haha, i use my phone (Iphone, Blackberry etc.) Then i just download different study apps:DIt worked with me:)

Bodon
16-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Some good suggestion.

1) Use mind map. It help you a lot when you're trying to understand something.
2) Use different colour of pens. Based on a research, your brain can work better and understand more detailed stuff when you use different colour of pens for certain information that you revised.
3) Another suggestion will be making revision at early in the morning. Wake up around 4 AM, have a revision. It will work simply because you're really fresh. I can remember many things when making early morning revision than making late night revision. Trust me, it work like a charm.

Aiden
16-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Listening to Music and Study in a Bright Room to make your Mood and Happiness Levels HIT THE ROOF! :D Gl on your Exams :D

Ellz
16-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Stick revision notes on your wall, read through them from time to time and you'll be more likely to remeber them!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!