PDA

View Full Version : Casual day in Stanley..

Luke
09-01-2012, 05:56 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-16473968

Just down the road from me..
Not the first time the bomb disposal team have been up here recently.. :rolleyes:

Thread moved by Infectious (Forum Moderator): From "Discuss Anything", as it is better suited here!

GommeInc
09-01-2012, 09:24 PM
I haven't heard of an unexploded shell in this country for a while now :P I assume this will only feature on local news - the main news in Essex this evening is the revealing of the 19 year old girl who won £1.3 million and the identity of the body of a girl near Sandringham.

-:Undertaker:-
09-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Its amazing just how many of these bombs still exist, I visited France and Belgium and saw the bombs at the side of the street on French farms which farmers leave at the side of the road for the army to collect once or twice a year. French farmers are still killed to this day every year by the 'Iron Harvest' when the soil is churned up.

Luke
09-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Around this area, there's quite a few, 'cause of a nearby town called "Consett" where steel and iron was mined and produced (to make weaponery and aircraft) and also a LOT of coal mines around the area, infact, one of them was EXACTLY where the bomb was found today. It was dug up, 'cause they're building a school there now. But there's been 3 found around here that I know of, it's weird how it can just sit there for so long!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!