PDA

View Full Version : Urgent (SSD)

AgnesIO
09-01-2012, 06:00 PM
So er got my Corsair Series 3 60GB SSD and went on to their firmware update tool.

Started the update, and it appears to have frozen (mouse won't move, ctrl alt del does work etc..)

It said do not turn off your system as it may brick your device.

So what do I do? :S

Chippiewill
09-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Urm, the only thing you can do is force a power down and hope you can RMA it if it's bricked.

Did you use the right firmware update? (i.e. right size and not the GT version)

AgnesIO
09-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Restarted PC and all was fine.

One problem though..

The SSD and HDD both appear in my BIOS. Only one at a time appears in the boot order though. Also, when going in to Windows or OSX installation only my HDD appears - so I cannot use the SSD. Any idea what the problem is?

AgnesIO
09-01-2012, 09:41 PM
After some searching the SSD appears in Device Manager - but still I cannot actually get on to the drive (Computer > Not listed). This renders it useless atm!

Boggles me. Shows up in BIOS, shows in Device Manager but unable to actually access the drive..

---------- Post added 09-01-2012 at 10:45 PM ----------

Fixed xx

Jack!
09-01-2012, 11:02 PM
After some searching the SSD appears in Device Manager - but still I cannot actually get on to the drive (Computer > Not listed). This renders it useless atm!

Boggles me. Shows up in BIOS, shows in Device Manager but unable to actually access the drive..

---------- Post added 09-01-2012 at 10:45 PM ----------

Fixed xx

How did you fix it?

Chippiewill
11-01-2012, 08:18 PM
He probably initialised it in the drive manager.

AgnesIO
11-01-2012, 09:20 PM
He probably initialised it in the drive manager.

Correct - don't remember ever needing to do that before.. :P

Anyway, now got OSX fully functional (well you know) as a dual boot - going to buy a second SSD and put Windows on it.

Posting a desktop screenshot in the correct thread now.

Chippiewill
13-01-2012, 06:42 PM
You always have to do that with any new hard drive.

You normally wouldn't notice because people tend to only have new hard drives when they install windows and I think windows initialises drives whilst it's installing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!