PDA

View Full Version : Energy Drinks.

iBlueBox
11-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Right, a lot of my friends who have exams in the morning at 9;00 always drink an energy drink before the exam mostly that ''Rock Star'' one,

They say it improves there performance in an exam, Does it actually work?

Shar
11-01-2012, 06:21 PM
I don't think so but I drink red bull while I'm revising as it keeps me on alert

beth
11-01-2012, 06:22 PM
er i wouldn't use it as a magical cure that means you'll get an a*.

if yr tired, it'll give you a bit of a boost (they actually make me feel more tired, but that might just be me). there's nothing amazing in them apart from sugar and caffiene.

Shar
11-01-2012, 06:24 PM
er i wouldn't use it as a magical cure that means you'll get an a*.

if yr tired, it'll give you a bit of a boost (they actually make me feel more tired, but that might just be me). there's nothing amazing in them apart from sugar and caffiene.
It makes me more tired too. I need to have one everyday to keep me awake but that also means that I can't get to sleep easily either and by the time I stop having them I feel like I'm going to drop dead or something

buttons
11-01-2012, 06:27 PM
i don't think it does. energy drinks make me feel so sluggish. you get a temporary rush then it goes back down and you feel worse than originally. energy drinks are ok for keeping you awake but they're not going to help your performance, probably do the opposite. nothing beats a good night sleep and a decent breakfast for me if i have exams.

dirrty
11-01-2012, 06:27 PM
they don't do anything for me tbf. some people say pro-plus is better/decent, but does nothing for me once again.

beth
11-01-2012, 06:39 PM
they don't do anything for me tbf. some people say pro-plus is better/decent, but does nothing for me once again.

pro-plus is fantastic. i did a 22 hour day of performance and rehearsal on 4 pro-plus every 4 hours. only downside was i couldn't sleep for ******* ages. but man, they're good

(obvious this isn't for the use of exam: but if anyone ever wants to mix them with alcohol, they're fab and it makes the night a lot cheaper hahahaha oh god ex poor student irl)

Jordan
11-01-2012, 08:10 PM
I don't think energy drinks do a lot of good really to help you get through an exam? Go bed early the previous night but don't sleep too much or else you will feel crap as well.

Sharon
11-01-2012, 08:18 PM
meh they'll give you a bit of a rush but afterwards you'll probs regret it, mum decided to start drinking them regularly n as long as you keep it up its okay but once you stop for a bit you will suffer the concequences!!!

FiftyCal
11-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Energy drink at least for me give me an instant crash, i feel no energy boost at all. I personally think energy drink are just awful and full of terrible stuff.

Jazz
12-01-2012, 01:25 PM
energy drinks do two main things, either improve your performance for a short amount of time or cause the concentration to floor.. thats what happend with me

Eoin247
12-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Usually only drink energy drinks, like red bull, before or during parties or the like.

Chris
12-01-2012, 04:15 PM
I never drink energy drinks and I doubt they would have any affect on your exams. They may make you feel lively for a bit but they always make me feel like crap after. :P

J0SH
12-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Energy drinks only give you a slight boost if you feel exhausted. Usually after that you just crash out and feel even more drained. So just drink coffee if you want a more long lasting 'rush' I guess? All energy drinks do really is make the brain more alert rather than died because of the caffeine rush, but it doesn't suddenly turn you into Einstein so you can ace your exams.

sorrydude$
12-01-2012, 04:30 PM
1 or 2 cans don't do the trick for me. 3 or 4 Gets me. And I drink Monster.

Shoe
12-01-2012, 08:40 PM
I doubt it will help you in the exam, it may wake you up a little but all they are is a sudden sugar and caffeine rush then you will drop.

It's like in sport if you have a sugary sweet like fruit pastels. They will boost you for 10 or so minutes but then you will crash because of the decrease in your blood sugar levels.

If your used to drinking them you won't feel the effects like you would if you never drink them.

If I have an early lecture at uni then I will drink one which is good enough to last me till I can get some food.

Hope this helped. :)

Rozi
12-01-2012, 08:51 PM
so if I pop a few pro plus i'm gonna be ok in my exam
am I gonna be all fidgity or wot

Stephen
12-01-2012, 10:10 PM
cocaine energy drink is cool but it's hard to get and expensive but it's got a hot burning taste to it and numbing stuff that numbs your throat it's well yumyum

but tbh pro plus is crap caffeine is crap

I remember when i was little one of my friends was like OMGZ LOOK WHAT I GOT EHEHHEHE SO COOL and he cracked out a pack of pro plus and we all giggled as we ate 2 each

J0SH
12-01-2012, 10:17 PM
When I was working the shop gave me Red Bull from £1.35 to £1 because he knew my dad and all the staff gave him a lot of business, it leaded in me drinking like 3 a day purely just for the taste. They make you buzz but they're bad for your health, remember that ;)

iBlueBox
14-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Obvious It won't in your exam, improve my marks of course.

But when I have to get up at 6 in the morning, get in school for 7 and some casual revision till around 8;45.

I decided to have an energy drink just because I felt more alert the whole morning, But it did improve my speed of writing.

kasi
15-01-2012, 04:12 AM
they don't do anything for me anymore, been drinking them too much

but they used to make me hyper for like 30 min then id crash and be really tired
almost fainted after drinking one really fast lol

Rainbow
15-01-2012, 10:52 AM
They dont really help me and I wouldn't use energy drinks before an exam, I only ever drink energy drinks when I want a late night and it works :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!