PDA

View Full Version : Romney and Paul surge past other GOP candidates

-:Undertaker:-
11-01-2012, 06:43 PM
http://rt.com/usa/news/ron-paul-liberty-hampshire-549/

Ron Paul: "Victory for the cause of liberty"

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02096/ron_2096070b.jpg

Mitt Romney walked out of New Hampshire Tuesday night with another win, but Texas Congressman Ron Paul, who placed second in the primary, said that the state helped make another medalwinner this week.

According to Paul, there was also a “victory for the cause of liberty.”

Rep. Ron Paul has continued to cut past the competition in the conservative field and once again place among the top-tier in a mainstream pre-election contest. Following a third-place ranking in the Iowa caucus last week, Paul managed to soar to second place in New Hampshire Tuesday night, outranking all candidates but Mitt Romney.

But while Romney has been considered the frontrunner in the race for the GOP nod ever since the former Massachusetts governor threw his hat into the contest, Ron Paul has been quite the opposite. In the media, the congressman has by-and-large been referred to him as an anti-establishment threat that would revamp the nation beyond any measure a mainstream Republican would be willing to do. Despite this smear campaign, Congressman Paul pulled in around 23 percent of the vote Tuesday night at the New Hampshire primary, securing a large second place win.

Paul and Romney’s positive turn-out comes without challenge of Jon Huntsman, a candidate who in recent days has been pitched by the media as the next big frontrunner. Just as has been the trend with Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum and Rick Perry in the past, however, such surge in popularity proved to be only momentary. Huntsman finished third Tuesday night with around 17 percent of the vote, trailed by Gingrich and Santorum tied in fourth. Both Speaker Gingrich and former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum had at one point been considered Romney’s only challenge for the GOP nomination, but neither was able to collect even 10 percent of the vote on Tuesday. Only a week earlier, Santorum placed second in Iowa by falling just eight votes shy of Romney.

http://www.iaza.com/work/120112C/iaza13186170416500.bmp

Now following a fallout from Herman Cain, Michele Bachmann and an almost certain slip off the charts for Perry, Gingrich and Santorum, Ron Paul is having his turn in the spotlight to be the Republican Party’s flavor of the month. Given the surge in success that has skyrocketed his campaign this far at a steady pace since it began, however, Paul and his supporters seem to think that this is only the beginning. A month ago as the media started to finally flinch at the chance of a Paul victory, the congressman told CNN in fact, “We’ve had the flavors of the month up and down so far in this campaign. I’d like to think of myself as the flavor of the decade.”

Ron Paul and Romney have proven that they are the only GOP candidates that have a chance at running a viable national campaign that will sustain as the Republican National Convention nears, so now the two must focus their efforts towards dethroning President Barack Obama by proving to voters that one is more qualified to run America than the other.

From New Hampshire Tuesday night, Ron Paul made it clear that he was running for president as a representative of all those that are angry at the Washington establishment. In a speech which was delivered with for more vigor than Romney’s that evening, Paul told a crowd in Manchester, NH Tuesday that they were making it well known that they are becoming a danger to America. And not stopping.

“I find it sort of fascinating when they finally get around — and this is different people, it could be in the media, could be our opponents, or whatever — but I sort of have to chuckle when they describe you and me as being ‘dangerous’,” said Paul. “That's one thing they are telling the truth, because we are dangerous to the status quo of this country.”

Very true, a heavy agenda of abolishing the Federal Reserve, eliminating foreign aid and ending overseas military adventures are ideals that are shunned, if not ignored, by the mainstream media and Republican Party establishment. While Paul acknowledges that those ideas might be considered dangerous, he insists that they are daring ideas that America was built on. And according to Paul, they need to be restored. Freedom, liberty and the American way of life — this is what Paul preached from New Hampshire, and he promised he will be the candidate that will finally bring that change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdUA910WYFY

It is for sure a two man race now, hopefully once the other GOP field drop out the anti-Romney vote (75% of the GOP do not want Romney as their candidate) will rally behind Paul in the other states. I'm glad Paul took second along with the delegates that position brings, Romney was always going to win New Hampshire - but egg on the face of CNN who shamefully tried pushing John Huntsman in the last few days, as they did with Santorum. They're in to creating the news, not reporting the news.

Thoughts?

.Tom.
11-01-2012, 08:02 PM
"eliminating foreign aid and ending overseas military adventures"

With regards to this area, I appreciate it's a slight tangent, but do you know where Ron Paul stands on the 'special' relationship between the USA and the UK?

A lot of our ties with America recently seem to focus on overseas military adventures (whether these be right or wrong)

Don't know if he has even commented on the special relationship as I guess it's quite a specific topic quite early on, but just curious!

Cheers

FiftyCal
11-01-2012, 10:01 PM
If all the other canidates dropped out except Mitt Romney i think Dr. Ron Paul would surge past him if the media was fair with him.

11-01-2012, 10:59 PM
"eliminating foreign aid and ending overseas military adventures"

With regards to this area, I appreciate it's a slight tangent, but do you know where Ron Paul stands on the 'special' relationship between the USA and the UK?

A lot of our ties with America recently seem to focus on overseas military adventures (whether these be right or wrong)

Don't know if he has even commented on the special relationship as I guess it's quite a specific topic quite early on, but just curious!

Cheers

Talk and trade with all nations, and stay away from entangling foreign alliances.

dbgtz
11-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Talk and trade with all nations, and stay away from entangling foreign alliances.

So basically equality rather than favouring some nations more than others because of their views?

Mathew
11-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Seems a fair enough approach to me. Excellent news for Ron Paul, but does he really have the ability to take on Obama? It's all good trying to beat other Republican candidates to the top, but I do feel it's all in vain if there's little chance at the final hurdle. How are Obama's poll ratings right now?

12-01-2012, 12:05 AM
So basically equality rather than favouring some nations more than others because of their views?

Indeed.

Seems a fair enough approach to me. Excellent news for Ron Paul, but does he really have the ability to take on Obama? It's all good trying to beat other Republican candidates to the top, but I do feel it's all in vain if there's little chance at the final hurdle. How are Obama's poll ratings right now?

http://www.nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/poll-romney-paul-tie-obama-20120109?mrefid=mostViewed

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, run neck-and-neck with President Obama in a general-election matchup, according to a new CBS News poll released late on Monday that shows the two front-runners in Tuesday's New Hampshire GOP primary running stronger against the president than their fellow Republicans. Romney posts a two-point lead over Obama, 47 percent to 45 percent, within the poll's margin of error of plus or minus 2.8 percentage points. He leads Obama, 45 percent to 39 percent, among independent voters. Obama's lead over Paul is just one point, 46 percent to 45 percent, as Paul leads among independents by 7 points.

The president posts more significant leads over the other GOP candidates, but against each he is below the critical 50-percent threshold: He leads former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, 49 percent to 41 percent; former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, 48 percent to 41 percent; Texas Gov. Rick Perry, 49 percent to 42 percent; and former Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pa., 47 percent to 43 percent. Among all adults, just 45 percent of Americans approve of the job Obama is doing as president, slightly worse than the 47-percent approval rating he posted last month. Among independents, 38 percent approve of Obama's job performance, while 49 percent disapprove.

As it stands, only Paul and Romney have a chance of beating Obama to the White House. However, take into consideration that Romney is going to be shot down in flames over his apparent income tax dodge (uncomfirmed as a fact, but he's refusing to release his tax reciepts) by Obama and the Democrats. If you also take into consideration that if Ron Paul fails to win the GOP nomination he'll likely run as an independent, that would mean Paul reaching 10% to 25% (or even winning, as unlikely as that is who knows - there's always a time in history when the status quo is broken) nationally like Ross Perot did in the 1990s and Paul has much more support/money as his disposal meaning that the GOP would almost certainly lose the election.

Besides, he's the only candidate who can build cross-party support from the independents and disillusioned Democrats.

Mathew
12-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Oh he might actually be in with a chance then.. interesting. I didn't realise Obama was so frowned upon to that large extent.. :P

Grig
12-01-2012, 06:45 AM
Indeed.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/poll-romney-paul-tie-obama-20120109?mrefid=mostViewed

As it stands, only Paul and Romney have a chance of beating Obama to the White House. However, take into consideration that Romney is going to be shot down in flames over his apparent income tax dodge (uncomfirmed as a fact, but he's refusing to release his tax reciepts) by Obama and the Democrats. If you also take into consideration that if Ron Paul fails to win the GOP nomination he'll likely run as an independent, that would mean Paul reaching 10% to 25% (or even winning, as unlikely as that is who knows - there's always a time in history when the status quo is broken) nationally like Ross Perot did in the 1990s and Paul has much more support/money as his disposal meaning that the GOP would almost certainly lose the election.

Besides, he's the only candidate who can build cross-party support from the independents and disillusioned Democrats.

That is correct and they are the only ones. Hear this analysis, because even Fox are now talking about it:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/1384564404001/

Now people are starting to look much more realistically at Paul's chances at beating Romney. They said Reagan was unelectable and look where he ended up.

13-01-2012, 12:21 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/ron-paul-is-the-most-dangerous-man-in-the-republican-party/2012/01/11/gIQApX05qP_blog.html

Take a look at the Washington Post/ABC News poll conducted in mid-December. In it, President Obama and Romney are tied at 47 percent in a traditional two-way race. Add Paul in as a third party candidate and Obama takes 42 percent, Romney 32 percent and Paul 21 percent. That’s a pretty stark difference in potential outcomes.

And take into consideration when its him and Romney left, that potential support is even higher. The GOP has a choice, nominate Ron Paul or face a potential third party bid - which if you think about it, it is possible for a third party bid to break the system. Although thats a long shot I admit, but they are amazing numbers considering how early the election cycle is. For now though, focus needs to be on winning the GOP race.

Grig
15-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Ron Paul has good chances, after looking into it and the numbers, Ron Paul will most likely take Texas and California. That's 327 delegates. If you add in Oregon, Arizona, and New Mexico, where he is also highly favored- that's another 407. Which means by that point he will have over a third of those needed, plus he can take other some other states, particularly when some of the other candidates drop out, which they will eventually, it'll be a clear Romney vs. Paul choice and Paul's numbers will come surging.

FiftyCal
16-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Ron Paul has good chances, after looking into it and the numbers, Ron Paul will most likely take Texas and California. That's 327 delegates. If you add in Oregon, Arizona, and New Mexico, where he is also highly favored- that's another 407. Which means by that point he will have over a third of those needed, plus he can take other some other states, particularly when some of the other candidates drop out, which they will eventually, it'll be a clear Romney vs. Paul choice and Paul's numbers will come surging. This is great news i hope this happens.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!